Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Color me ignorant, but I don't know how to read this schedule or what it's supposed to represent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe it is on those dates that the new itineraries and sailing schedules for that specific region will be available on line. Not sure though if booking is also open to all on that exact same day since I have never done it before.

Color me ignorant, but I don't know how to read this schedule or what it's supposed to represent.

The takeaway (at least for us here on the Quantum sub-forum) is that Quantum cruises beyond April 2015 should open for booking this coming week. I agree that the categories are a little vague or ambiguous, but "Northeast" references sailings from NE home ports, such as Bayonne.

The dates are when Royal Caribbean will start bookings for cruises for the 2015/2016 year. For example, on Feb 10th the Summer/Fall Caribbean Northeast & Fall Canada schedule will be for sale for 2015 and 2016.

The date's won't go as deep, but i'm looking forward to booking my trip for Summer 2016 on Quantum.

At the very least, i'll have an indicator about itineraries.

I'd love to take a 12 night during the Summer!!

Picture of the sea-plex pods.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf58QztCEAAbzoY.jpg

Keith

Great photo. I think that this the one that Royal Caribbean PR tweeted just recently. It is from the gallery of photos they revealed a few weeks ago on their press center webpage. Hope to see updated ones soon.:)

Thought I would mention something regarding the lack of photos. Turns out I didn't manage to get a spot on the trip to Meyer, but a friend of mine did and just got back. He said while they were taken down into the building dock as opposed to just viewing through the window, they weren't allowed to take any photos at all. The one photo they got was one from the front of the dock looking at the bow of the ship, so nothing new.

Thought I would mention something regarding the lack of photos. Turns out I didn't manage to get a spot on the trip to Meyer, but a friend of mine did and just got back. He said while they were taken down into the building dock as opposed to just viewing through the window, they weren't allowed to take any photos at all. The one photo they got was one from the front of the dock looking at the bow of the ship, so nothing new.

Thanks for the update. They are being really strict about the photo taking, aren't they! We'll have to appreciate whatever we get!

It's unfortunate that you didn't get to go to Meyer Werft.

Well, this fairly recent image is sort of like the Breakaway photo from a few posts back. It'll have to do ... for now.

February82014_zpsf7063aa2.jpg

Photo courtesy Ems-Vechte-Welle

Is this the same block that was in that video or picture you posted? Nice to see it in the dock. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Interesting webcam images this week. I wonder if they've moved the theater block to Hall 6.

Thanks for posting the Webcam update. Yes looks like the theater block has been moved to Hall 6 in preparation to be installed. Looking at the building dock basin do you think all the bow section blocks are in place? There appears to be a few now in Hall 5. Not sure if for Quantum or Anthem.

Is this the same block that was in that video or picture you posted? Nice to see it in the dock. Thanks for sharing.

That block has been in a video, photos and a NOZ newspaper article. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of it for my arm as well! :D

That bow block now in Hall 5 could be for rither ship. If it's for the Quantum, you'd think it would be in the basin now.

Only a couple more sections and the hull will be complete. It is coming along quite well. Meyer needs to leave the web cam at the front of the hall as just about all the work at the stern is done at least on the exterior so not much to see week to week.

Boy am I so happy that I booked on opening day. I just looked at the price and it's gone up $500 now for our balcony room!!! :eek:

What sailing date was that for? Our sailing 3/21/15 there is not a single suite left and the price went up $800 PP for a Family JS last time I saw one. That is why cancelling and booking another date may be very costly even though some of the itineraries are not that great including ours (for now) since Samana was dropped.

What sailing date was that for? Our sailing 3/21/15 there is not a single suite left and the price went up $800 PP for a Family JS last time I saw one. That is why cancelling and booking another date may be very costly even though some of the itineraries are not that great including ours (for now) since Samana was dropped.

Our sailing is 1/3/15. We're bummed that Samana was cut too but the other dates didn't work for us with the rugrat and school vacation. We didn't want to just go to the Bahamas so we opted going earlier and taking her out of school. God I'm going to regret that. LOL

I just looked at our date and it's showing N/A for the suites on ours too. So I'm assuming they are sold out as well. I know I look every few days and they've just open up a lot on deck 7.

Edited by tls1012

Our sailing is 1/3/15. We're bummed that Samana was cut too but the other dates didn't work for us with the rugrat and school vacation. We didn't want to just go to the Bahamas so we opted going earlier and taking her out of school. God I'm going to regret that. LOL

I just looked at our date and it's showing N/A for the suites on ours too. So I'm assuming they are sold out as well. I know I look every few days and they've just open up a lot on deck 7.

two suites opened up on the 1/3 sailing at about 2 a.m. last night. i know b/c i got the GS. :D there was also a spa jr suite, but i guess it's gone now, too.

some friends took our D1 cabin that we gave up for the suite. they paid $300 more than we did on opening day. i'm afraid to even know how much extra we paid for the GS, but we just upgraded to a suite on allure a couple weeks ago and now DH is spoiled and wante the suite. :rolleyes: since we won't have to pay much for travel (maybe $50 in gas and tolls), that will save us a bundle.

i was hoping for a loft suite, but it looks like they are all aft cabins, which i don't like (i know, that's heresy here), so i'll stick with my GS for now. i'm going to have to go back through this thread and see if i can find my GS and if there are pix of the aft that show the loft suites yet. i love this thread but i honestly don't know what i'm looking at most of the time. ;)

A same cat cabin on my sailing is roughly $900 more then what I will finally pay. Very glad to have booked at opening of booking.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Ditto! I just checked out of interest

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

two suites opened up on the 1/3 sailing at about 2 a.m. last night. i know b/c i got the GS. :D there was also a spa jr suite, but i guess it's gone now, too.

some friends took our D1 cabin that we gave up for the suite. they paid $300 more than we did on opening day. i'm afraid to even know how much extra we paid for the GS, but we just upgraded to a suite on allure a couple weeks ago and now DH is spoiled and wante the suite. :rolleyes: since we won't have to pay much for travel (maybe $50 in gas and tolls), that will save us a bundle.

i was hoping for a loft suite, but it looks like they are all aft cabins, which i don't like (i know, that's heresy here), so i'll stick with my GS for now. i'm going to have to go back through this thread and see if i can find my GS and if there are pix of the aft that show the loft suites yet. i love this thread but i honestly don't know what i'm looking at most of the time. ;)

Congrats on getting a GS for the 1/3/15 sailing. We all have a price that we feel comfortable with, so good for you.

Since you have a GS, your cabin is already partly completed and on the ship right now in the building dock. If you go back on this thread and look for photos that have mid-ship blocks you may see your cabin especially if it’s on the starboard side (there are more pictures of the starboard side from webcam, tourist, press and etc. And don't forget Lloyd's secrete camera :))

I am still hoping they add another port in place of Samana. I keep thinking St Maarten could even be possible because there are only four ships in port on the day that would replace Samana, 3/25/15. I have seen six ships dock at St Maarten at the same time.

A same cat cabin on my sailing is roughly $900 more then what I will finally pay. Very glad to have booked at opening of booking.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

With that said, what do we think prices are going to look like for a 8, 9 or 12 night sailing in Summer 2015?