Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Welcome back! How did you enjoy one of my favorite ships...the Allure? :D

Great ship. Great cruise. packed a lot of fun into 7-8 days! Thanks for asking.

When I was done admiring her, I was looking at her from a design/engineering point of view and comparing her to the Quantum o the Seas build.

I just can't quit the Quantum! :D

When I was done admiring her, I was looking at her from a design/engineering point of view and comparing her to the Quantum o the Seas build.

Welcome back! Not much happened with Quantum in terms of new info while you were gone.

Seems like you've got a half built ship on your back. Good news is you're not the only one. ;-) Welcome back.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You can def see the theater block today. And that block that is questioning the flowrider, tough to say. It's either flowrider or the base of the skydiving column.

Speaking of the theater block, I was thinking that the block in question was the theater stage (with the large trap door/hole in its center).

Quantumstage_zpsb0c0104c.jpg

Speaking of the theater block, I was thinking that the block in question was the theater stage (with the large trap door/hole in its center).

Quantumstage_zpsb0c0104c.jpg

Are you referring to the block at the left of Anthem or the most forward and visible Quantum block in the building dock with the big gap?

Are you referring to the block at the left of Anthem or the most forward and visible Quantum block in the building dock with the big gap?

The Quantum block at bottom, center of webcam image with semi-circle area and square hole/gap(?!). I realised after - Would they make the stage out of steel as well?

Oh well, It was just a suggestion.

Could belong to any part of the Quantum! Detailed deck plans should be available soon, right?! :rolleyes:

BTW, it actually does look like a FlowRider block for one of the older ships (after having seen the one just put on the Navigator of the Seas). I can see why

http://www.mobimar.com/news-voyager_class_flowrider_refurbishment

http://www.mobimar.com/news-good_job_mobimar

oops.

the quantum block at bottom, center of webcam image with semi-circle area and square hole/gap(?!). I realised after - would they make the stage out of steel as well?

Oh well, it was just a suggestion.

Could belong to any part of the quantum! Detailed deck plans should be available soon, right?! :rolleyes:

Btw, it actually does look like a flowrider block for one of the older ships (after having seen the one just put on the navigator of the seas). I can see why ahecht in earlier post thought it could be a flowrider.

Edited by Lloyd555

The Quantum block at bottom, center of webcam image with semi-circle area and square hole/gap(?!). I realised after - Would they make the stage out of steel as well?

Oh well, It was just a suggestion.

Could belong to any part of the Quantum! Detailed deck plans should be available soon, right?! :rolleyes:

BTW, it actually does look like a FlowRider block for one of the older ships (after having seen the one just put on the Navigator of the Seas). I can see why

Since the FlowRider block for Quantum was already installed (see Webcam 1-27-14), that block in question has to be for Anthem.

The Meyer Werft Webcam clearly shows keel sections of the Quantum being staged alongside the NCL Getaway, in Hall #6. It should not be too much longer until they begin laying the keel and building up from there! :cool:

Here's the link: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

Eric

I booked the 3/15 sailing. I did not realize it is still under construction. Looks like a long way to go in a short period of time unless the web cam is not updating.

I booked the 3/15 sailing. I did not realize it is still under construction. Looks like a long way to go in a short period of time unless the web cam is not updating.

I'm sure Meyer Werft will deliver it on time, or even a bit early. It will be ready for this fall.

I'm jealous, as I am not booked on the Quantum..yet! :)

Eric

I'm sure Meyer Werft will deliver it on time, or even a bit early. It will be ready for this fall.

Eric

I don't know if now it might be better to wait till the ship launches and the "hype" dissipates or book sooner. As we have discussed the prices have only gone up so far.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Eric

Eric,

Come on, get in on my cruise. No Junior Suites and I bet higher levels are gone too. They will have a few months under their belt so it would be nice to cruise in a spanking new ship. Nothing wrong with EOS but there is a sign if wear in some areas on the ship.

Ted

With the Anthem deck plans out, the reclassification of Cabins is interesting. With the introduction of "E1" on decks 6 and 7, tells me they were having a hard time selling them as a D1. Also, it seems classifiecation for D3 and D5 have switched. D5's are now only on Deck 12.

Edited by hitaway4

With the Anthem deck plans out, the reclassification of Cabins is interesting. With the introduction of "E1" on decks 6 and 7, tells me they were having a hard time selling them as a D1. Also, it seems classifiecation for D3 and D5 have switched. D5's are now only on Deck 12.

I just pulled up the deck plans again for Quantum to see if they did anything with all the "more to come" areas and they have E1's on there. Looking quickly, they are on deck 6 & 7 too.