Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Oh no...my secret is out!

You look like you are very comfortable in your natural setting!

I am still waiting and hoping to hear that they have a comfortable cigar lounge on the Quantum.

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

I doubt they will. Too bad, I really enjoy the lounge when I am on a Freedom or Explorer ship. If they are concerned about revenue, perhaps they should keep someone in there selling drinks. It's usually not staffed until the evening.

OTOH, that's probably just transferring revenue from one source to another, so we can't win.

I doubt they will. Too bad, I really enjoy the lounge when I am on a Freedom or Explorer ship. If they are concerned about revenue, perhaps they should keep someone in there selling drinks. It's usually not staffed until the evening.

OTOH, that's probably just transferring revenue from one source to another, so we can't win.

Well, I'll just be sure to enjoy the awesome set up in the Connoisseur Lounge on the Explorer, this coming June. Enjoy it on your upcoming cruise too. I won't smoke cigars on my balcony out of respect for others, but not having a comfortable, dedicated space may drive others to smoke cigars on theirs.

Hey, maybe we will be surprised. The Oasis class only has an outside location, but that is a warm weather ship design. If Quantum is designed for colder weather, they may just accommodate us. I'll stay optimistic at this point.

Eric

I'll be on the Explorer next week and I'm sure to spend some time in the cigar bar. Maybe one day we'll be on the same ship at the same time.

BTW, did you see, no smoking at all on balconies, so I hope nobody tries with a cigar.

Cheers.

I totally agree with you. Our weather this year has been totally a pain in the butt and I'm tired of being so cold all the time. But I heard however I won't have to worry about spring cleaning this year. Living in CT, it's going to go from winter straight into summer so I won't have time to spring clean..LOL

Cool, that would free up more time for CRUISING. I love TAs also. They have lots of them in the spring. ;-)

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm not so certain they wouldn't have something. It would likely be expanded beyond cigars though to any smoking. This is the first ship being built after the new smoking policies and with it planned for bad weather I would imagine they have considered some kind of dedicated smoking venue with advanced air filtration systems. It would make the most sense, and as you said they could make it a bar area and use it as an opportunity to earn revenue. That's something the outside smoking areas can't do at the moment.

I'm not so certain they wouldn't have something. It would likely be expanded beyond cigars though to any smoking. This is the first ship being built after the new smoking policies and with it planned for bad weather I would imagine they have considered some kind of dedicated smoking venue with advanced air filtration systems. It would make the most sense, and as you said they could make it a bar area and use it as an opportunity to earn revenue. That's something the outside smoking areas can't do at the moment.

This is essentially what has happened to the cigar bar on the Explorer. There are more cigarette smokers than cigar smokers.

New photo just posted by Royal (courtesy of twitter)

@RoyalCaribPR: #QuantumoftheSeas update: 59 of 74 blocks have been placed. #GettingExcited!

ImageUploadedByForums1394124145.189500.jpg.875ec1a53329668f3d0534367e5b1af0.jpg

Can clearly see my deck 8 balcony cabin!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by sparkx

BiDtzV_CQAAYEZN.jpg

Lloyd, another great photo. And the other side of the after end of the ship. Haven't seen that yet. Weren't we speculating about what other 'ride' could be on this side? Virtual water slide? Can't see it! :D

Ha! Can't see a virtual water slide, but I think that I can see (part of) one of the towers for the RipCord virtual skydiver! Not in its spot up on the platform yet.

low_1365713986_RCI-RipCordPass2-5K.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Ha! Can't see a virtual water slide, but I think that I can see (part of) one of the towers for the RipCord virtual skydiver!

low_1365713986_RCI-RipCordPass2-5K.jpg

How about the space in between the Lifeboats? We are now seeing the opposite side that we speculated about on the Starboard Side. What is that with the white frames? Thought?

How about the space in between the Lifeboats? We are now seeing the opposite side that we speculated about on the Starboard Side. What is that with the white frames? Thought?

Ya, saw that, but didn't want to say anything since it was thought to be scaffolding in the post where I mentioned it in when I was denying to myself that it was trellis-like. :rolleyes:

So now do you think that it's a possible seaview / waterfront space?

Edited by Lloyd555

Ya, saw that, but didn't want to say anything since it was thought to be scaffolding in the post where I mentioned it in when I was denying to myself that it was trellis-like. :rolleyes:

So now do you think that it's a possible seaview / waterfront space?

Would be nice if a seaview /waterfront space. It is interesting that here and on the starboard side is the only place that it can been seen (or that I can see it on thus far). I keep looking at the deck plans to match the spot. See within large red rectangle and smaller green rectangle that shows bump out near lifeboat.

2043537272_Copyofqn_deck05_v2014_oct1.jpg.23088505543251fac77787e23f235199.jpg

1238405983_CopyofQuantum59of74Blocks3-6-14.jpg.a9cb5935bb7d310c555d57a0bc5d50a9.jpg

Edit: Sorry, that is a bad attachment of the deck 5 plan. On my screen it looks big, don't know what happened here.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

What The Fragmented phrase! Lloyd, my universal translator is in the shop gettin gupgraded, so maybe I can interpret that last post of yours by just showing the original post you are referring to.

That's how you spoke after a drink or two on the Allur if i recall! LMAO.

I too am wondering where it would be on the promenade deck. My eyes are always drawn to that trellis-like structure(?) on the starboard side of the ship squeezed between two life boats. Naaah, couldn't be. Must be some scaffolding. Maybe there's more space on the port side which has a different layout?

89e4028af8475d0a61ff6dd8ffa6df01.jpg

Would be nice if a seaview /waterfront space. It is interesting that here and on the starboard side is the only place that it can been seen (or that I can see it on thus far). I keep looking at the deck plans to match the spot. See within large red rectangle and smaller green rectangle that shows bump out near lifeboat.

[ATTACH]304664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]304665[/ATTACH]

Edit: Sorry, that is a bad attachment of the deck 5 plan. On my screen it looks big, don't know what happened here.

Hard to make out, but I'll look at deck plans too.

[ATTACH]304664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]304665[/ATTACH]

I posted (something like) this before. The model has a structure in the area of the trellis in the same spot as rectangle in deck plan. Another rectangle sits on the port side of the deck plan in what looks like the right spot in today's photo.

ModeltohelpwithblockplanampMWbuild_zps4d7a4b8a.jpg

Is that white beam near the trellis type structure for the life boats or it is for the inside of Two70 or am I totally off base?

For the lifeboat.

Co-worker André feels like he's been missing out on all of the Quantum updates. So, his two cents...something about what we will see in next webcam image. The Vitality at Sea / Fitness Spa block, as he is calling it, is waiting on deck (in red square) and may be next to be installed.

OK. Thanks, André.

(Maybe you should get your own C.C. account...:D)

topodbow_zps2bed1ccd.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555