Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Hey! You can see the Royal Caribbean logo in this photo as well. I didn't notice it until after I saw your posted photo Lloyd.

Oh ya. It's another open door pic. It's been a while.

July122014opendoorwithpartofRipCordvisible_zps44f64008.jpg

Just found another difference between the rendering and the ship. The RipCord base is white in the drawing, but colourful in the photo.

Yes. Now it's a "Can you spot Elmo ... er ... the RipCord base?" puzzle. :confused:

Here's a reminder of what to look for...

a337b0ed53d692b9b3c0ff8ba16a2b81.jpg

July 11 2014 visitor photos

Similarities

Anthem of the Seas' forward cabin block in line with that same area on the Quantum of the Seas in Hall 6.

9a474c3eb9128faf4fa3185cc3e1b78f.jpg

Differences

Can you spot the differences between the actual ship and the rendering?

ed6e827836120ec2008da3621c8a31f9.jpg

Thanks to my niece Linda for the Sesame Street-like comparison theme idea. :rolleyes:

I noticed the logo's anchor is white in the rendering and blue on the actual ship, I like the logo the way it is on the actual ship better.

I hope they are going for the minimalistic logo and it's not just mid way through being painted. The simple dark blue logo looks nice on the light blue hull. This seems like a nice choice. Oddly the color looks better on the white hull.

Just found another difference between the rendering and the ship. The RipCord base is white in the drawing, but colourful in the photo.

Yes. Now it's a "Can you spot Elmo ... er ... the RipCord base?" puzzle. :confused:

Here's a reminder of what to look for...

a337b0ed53d692b9b3c0ff8ba16a2b81.jpg

I see it! I'm thinking that it's sitting unassembled until they float out the ship and have room to build it (vertically). Nice catch, Lloyd.

I figured that at this stage with work on three ships, it would be hard to tell which ships new blocks would belong to.

On another note, while showing my old aunt some of HD1080ide's photos of the float out of Anthem MEGABLOCK 1, she pointed to openings in the deck 5 wall that looked to her like doorways or floor-to-ceiling windows. There are also boarded up windows(?) along the top of the wall. As for the bigger openings, they don't seem to line up with the retail spots or the promenade. Instead they line up with the smoke stack areas (or staff-only areas) along outer wall. That's it. Just an observation.

WindowsinPromenade_zps6afd8e77.jpg

Please give me some bearings on this photo - what cabin number range is covered on this photo? Thanks!

Thanks! I figured as much but had faith that your superior knowledge would come in useful!:D

Eep. Knowledge - no. Too much time on my hands - more likely. :rolleyes:

Try this link for Megaplans...

http://www.destination360.com/cruises/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/images/quantum-of-the-seas-deck-plan.jpg

That's what I spotted too.

Edit: That is what Linda and I spotted too. (I think that I like working with co-worker André better).

1f9040b22b48d4cb27965562a55ae7fd.jpg

Lloyd - Is there now a railing (possibly more balcony space) right above Two70 or am I seeing things? Could also be a protective barrier while they are still working on the roof of Two70. Thoughts?

Lloyd - Is there now a railing (possibly more balcony space) right above Two70 or am I seeing things? Could also be a protective barrier while they are still working on the roof of Two70. Thoughts?

Zoomed in on the original photo just to confirm, but it appears to be protective barrier for the workers. Also don't think that suite owners would appreciate people wandering right below their balcony.

72ebd7daee9148048b2d123dff688134.jpg

Zoomed in on the original photo just to confirm, but it appears to be protective barrier for the workers. Also don't think that suite owners would appreciate people wandering right below their balcony.

I agree with you, about both. I have booked a loft suite since we are celebrating something special, and I would not appreciate people walking next to my balcony

also I noticed there is still some glass missing for two70

also I noticed there is still some glass missing for two70

Missing glass or panels. They haven't decided yet whether or not they want people to see outside while they're doing number One70 or Two70.

3287278fae97f66f2ab219a7c923ffe0.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555