Breakfast in Seattle

Staying at Seattle Westin near Pike Market (downtown) and wanting to know of a good place for breakfast on Saturday morning before going to dock. Don't want to eat at hotel - would rather experience a bit more of Seattle but close to hotel. Does Pike Mkt. open early on Sat. and if so any rec. on place to eat or another place close to Westin ??? Thanks, gg

There really ISN'T any place near the Westin that is open early in the morning, other than a restaurant called Lola's about a block away at 4th and Virginia, but it is a tad pricey and service is a little slow in the morning. They are a Greek restaurant in the evening, and breakfast items are a tad limited, though good. I would recommend the Shanty Cafe on Elliott, but it is probably 2-3 miles from the hotel and is so popular that it is usually PACKED on weekend mornings (it is right across the street from the HAL corporate offices). There is no place in Pike Place Market that is open for breakfast--lunch primarily. The coffee shop at the Sheraton is good, but they are expensive. There is a deli at Pier 66 (where NCL and Celebrity dock) that serves breakfast where you could go if you are sailing from there.

Thank you for all your information. I envy you all who live in the Great Northwest. Having been born in Oregon, then raised in Louisiana, and moving to East Texas in 1973, I do know what I am missing. Although I love Texas, its woods and lakes, and the wonderful people, there is something so very special about the Northwest. One has to experience it to realize it. This is our first trip to Washington, so we are excited to spend one pre cruise day in Seattle. Thanks, gg:)

Lower Queen Anne or Capitol Hill would be the closest spots for a breakfast with a NW flair (rather than hotel restaurant type food) on the weekends. But neither of those neighborhoods are very close to the Westin, so you'd need a bus or car to get to them. I'm sure there's someplace in Belltown (nearer to the Westin) that does a weekend brunch, but I'm just not that familiar with the restaurants in Belltown. My office is closer to Pioneer Square, and I live in the burbs. :)

I didn't realize Lowell's has breakfast! I know they have good lunches, and yes, the views are nice from upstairs. They filmed part of Sleepless in Seattle there (the scene where Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner are having lunch at a counter).

There are also several bakeries along Pike Place if you're just looking for a pastry and coffee, including Three Girls Bakery (they also make good sandwiches at lunch time). I suppose you could also go to the Starbucks on Pike Place for a pastry and coffee, since it's the original one, but now that they're a megacorporation, it doesn't really feel like going to a local place.

We will be staying at The Edgewater pre-cruise and the Westin post-cruise. Thanks for Westin area breakfast info, what about a place near The Edgewater? Is there an inexpensive breakfast place near there? Marilyn

Marilyn, there is a Deli right near Pier 66 that has great sandwiches and other breakfast items. Go out the front door of the Edgewater, turn right onto the sidewalk of Alaskan Way and walk down beyond the main entrance to the Pier 66 cruise terminal (there is a "deli" in there, but that is not the one). It is before you get to the sidewalk area that leads to Anthony's Pier 66. Don't know their exact hours, but they always seem to be open when I go down there for early morning walks.

Archived