Best Western Airvenice - Transportation Options

Rlynng

I will be traveling with a group of 6 that will be staying at the Best Western Airvenice for a few days before our cruise. I know the hotel is somewhat out of the way.

What are our best transportation options to get into the city? Trains - how often do they run? Are buses available? What about taxis - are they terribly expensive?

PLEASE do not repsond and tell me to change my hotel. This is where my group has chosen to stay. I'm just looking for info on our best transportation options

Thanks!

If that info isn't on the hotel web site, email them. They should be able to give you the bus number or train route that will get you close to their hotel.

A taxi to the airport costs about 45E. Does the hotel provide a free shuttle to/from the airport? Otherwise I'd guess a taxi to the hotel from Venice will be around 60-65E. A taxi will only hold 3 people plus luggage.

(Or, you could take the ATVO airport express bus from Piazzale Roma to the airport for 6Epp then cab it to the hotel. It leaves at 20 and 50 minutes past the hr). Look at atvo.it

You can get trains from the Quarto D'Altino station (about half a mile away from your hotel, I think) to Venice Santa Lucia station, which will put you right at the Grand Canal. It takes about half an hour each way, and you can buy tickets at the station for under 3 euro each way. Don't know about buses. Taxi? Expensive.

I too am staying at the Best Western - Airvence. We are staying after our cruise. Once we diembark we plan on taking the people mover over to Piazzle Roma and storing our luggage. We will then tour the city. Our options are to take the ATVO bus to airport and get the free shuttle (however you have to prearrange with hotel a few days before) or take a prescheduled taxi. I called and got 2 quotes for a party of 10 from Piazzle Roma to the hotel. For 2 minivans it was 120-130 euro.

Archived