Horseback riding in Ketchikan

mdd423

Hello, I have all of my excursions booked for my Alaskan Cruise except for Ketchikan. I am wanting to do horseback riding but cant find any excursions. Are there any in ketchikan?

Back in 2005, we had horseback riding in Skagway to Emerald Lake with Jodie but I can't seem to find that excursion either (we are sailing again to Alaska next year and I'm trying to piece together my excursions now!).

Hello, I have all of my excursions booked for my Alaskan Cruise except for Ketchikan. I am wanting to do horseback riding but cant find any excursions. Are there any in ketchikan?

No, there are not any horseback riding excursions in Ketchikan.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I don't believe there are any horse back excursions in Ketchikan as I recall reading or hearing that there are no horses kept in Ketchikan over the winter...even the horse drawn carriage horses are brought in for the season.

That's what we found out too. We booked the Dyea horseback riding.

The places that offered horseback riding up in the Yukon no longer do.

Which is a royal pity because we enjoyed it very much riding to Emerald Lake back in 2005!

Which is a royal pity because we enjoyed it very much riding to Emerald Lake back in 2005!

We did too! When we went last year Joni's website was still up (I just checked and it still is???) but when I emailed her she said that sadly business just wasn't viable and she had to close down. We had a terrific experience with her in 2009.

L.J.

Archived