coco cay cabanas

kjj322

I have read different posts about the cabanas on coco cay but how much are they to rent and once they say see onboard are they still available.

I don't believe the cabanas at Coco Cay can be reserved via Royal's website. You have to reserve them either onboard, or by contacting the Concierge on your ship, if you are in a Grand Suite or better.

The last time we rented one it was $200 for the day, and that price allowed 6 people to use the cabana.

I don't believe the cabanas at Coco Cay can be reserved via Royal's website. You have to reserve them either onboard, or by contacting the Concierge on your ship, if you are in a Grand Suite or better.

The last time we rented one it was $200 for the day, and that price allowed 6 people to use the cabana.

correct

It is $200.00. The price includes 2 complete snorkal kits, four floating water mats, fruit plate, 4 large bottles of water, a bottle of champagne, and a slightly better food, but the food is at your own picnic area and bar.

Once you add everything up, it's not a bad price.

You can only reserve it on the ship.

It is $200.00. The price includes 2 complete snorkal kits, four floating water mats, fruit plate, 4 large bottles of water, a bottle of champagne, and a slightly better food, but the food is at your own picnic area and bar.

You know I keep reading about the fruit plate and the champagne - we rented at CoCoa Cay this past January and didn't receive any of that.

Yep, correct as above & does fit 6 in the cabana, so if you split the cost not bad at all. Make sure you go directly to excursion desk though when you get onboard! It opens at 11.45am & we got on board at about 11am & were still number 3 in line for the cabanas!

If you want to see some pics of the cabanas, go to this review I just wrote & scroll down to the pics!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1856790

rented cabana 4 on May 6th. only 2 mats and you had to ask, same with snorkel gear, 4 bottles water (1 litre size) not cold and very little ice :(, no champagne:confused:, fruit plate, much better food. i did not see any restriction on the number of guests, people walked in and out at will:eek:. But guess what, we loved it, definately spoiled for life. will give up something else to be able to do this again:D

rented cabana 4 on May 6th. only 2 mats and you had to ask, same with snorkel gear, 4 bottles water (1 litre size) not cold and very little ice :(, no champagne:confused:, fruit plate, much better food. i did not see any restriction on the number of guests, people walked in and out at will:eek:. But guess what, we loved it, definately spoiled for life. will give up something else to be able to do this again:D

We just had a cabana this past sunday (06/02/13), cabana number 1. Had 2 mats, 2 snorkel gear that we had to go collect. 4 bottles of water, champagne on ice. ice in the buckets did melt quickly, so we went & got another bucket of ice to split between them around lunchtime.

We all also got a wrist band too & they only allowed people with the wristbands in & out of the Oasis area.

Our only complaint was we could have done with a fan in the cabana as it got pretty warm in there, even in the shade & not much breeze. Maybe if you are facing the ocean instead of the beach you would get more breeze??

We just had a cabana this past sunday (06/02/13), cabana number 1. Had 2 mats, 2 snorkel gear that we had to go collect. 4 bottles of water, champagne on ice. ice in the buckets did melt quickly, so we went & got another bucket of ice to split between them around lunchtime.

We all also got a wrist band too & they only allowed people with the wristbands in & out of the Oasis area.

Our only complaint was we could have done with a fan in the cabana as it got pretty warm in there, even in the shade & not much breeze. Maybe if you are facing the ocean instead of the beach you would get more breeze??

we loved the breeze in 4, it faced the ocean next to tower, facing beach seemed creepy because everyone stared at you. i forgot we also got beach towells. most important is they do not assign cabana's, it's first come first serve. also, sign in first, i saw someone in cabana 2 almost get evicted because they claimed it and never signed in

We did get to choose cabana number when on the ship, when we just got off the Enchantment (got off yesterday!). We put our name down on a waiting list at 11.45am & then had to go back at 5pm to see if we had gotten one & to choose our cabana.

No, I was in oceanview. My friend who booked the cabana was in a junior suite if that makes a difference though?

We did have priority boarding, so were able to get on the line for excursion desk right away & were 3rd people to get a cabana. Had friends that got right on the ship, went right to excursions & did not get a cabana. :(

So if you can somehow get priority boarding (or know someone with priority boarding) if you can get them to wait on the line & book it that is probably best!

Sorry you couldn't feel the cool breezes. Our cabana 4 and the cabins next to ours were right in the line of view of the ocean. The air was definitely cooler there.

Are there any other options than the cabana. I thought I read something about a 50 dollar option that would not necessarily hold 6 people. Only DW and myself on FOS but want shade on beach?

Are there any other options than the cabana. I thought I read something about a 50 dollar option that would not necessarily hold 6 people. Only DW and myself on FOS but want shade on beach?

There are some trees giving shade. There are also some umbrellas for rent, but I forget the cost. Then there are cabinettes for $50 that are suitable for 2. These used to be in the cabana area, but are now at a different beach.

we loved the breeze in 4, it faced the ocean next to tower, facing beach seemed creepy because everyone stared at you. i forgot we also got beach towells. most important is they do not assign cabana's, it's first come first serve. also, sign in first, i saw someone in cabana 2 almost get evicted because they claimed it and never signed in

Used the exact same cabana #4 as you did, the following week! I agree...that cabin was awesome for the ocean breezes. DH laid on the sofa and slept for about 2 hours; it was THAT peaceful. Sorry that you didn't get cold water/ice in the bucket or missed out on the champagne. We got all of that including orange juice to make mimosas! We had a bar server who was so accomodating; she refilled our bucket with ice twice. I liked her so much that we gave her a nice tip before we left.

We didn't get towels though, and the Excursion Desk pretty much told us to bring our own because supposedly they don't always have them.

Plan to run like the wind to reserve a cabana again, next time we have Coco Cay on our itinerary. Love that place!

My daughter was at Coco Cay yesterday. They got a $50 cabana with thatched roof umbrella at Barefoot Beach. It included 2 large bottles of Evian, beach floats, fruit plate and transportation to lunch and tender. They had a blast.

Carolyn, it sounds like your daughter had a cabinette if she only paid $50 and had transport to lunch. The cabanas cost $200 and have their own upgraded buffet right there. GS and above have 1st dibs and can reserve ahead of time. Any not reserved can be reserved onboard. We were able to pick our cabana ahead of time. They seemed to all be assigned, we did not see anyone choosing when arriving.i reccomend 3,4or 5 they face the sea with views of the ship. 1&2 face the beach and are not private. 3-7 face the water. The back row is not as private and some have obstructed views.

We could. I emailed her two weeks out. Some concierges email suite passengers 1-2 weeks out but you can email them. I would try and get 3-7. I asked for front row and she emailed me back with #4. They were all reserved the day I was there and I was on the Grandeur, a smaller ship. They all seemed to be assigned I didn't see anyone choosing their cabana after arrival

Funny story, when we arrived and the cabana concierge was showing us to #4 a woman ran through the entrance and ran up to our cabana spread her arms over the entrance and said I claim this one. The guy had to tell her that these were all reserved and cost $200. I guess she doesn't read CC!

Archived