Princess v. HAL Balcony Cabins

djdean

To be more specific, the basic balcony cabins on the Vista class HAL ships (Zuiderdam, Westerdam, Oosterdam) as compared to the basic balcony cabins on Caribbean Princess and her sister ships. Thanks.:)

The basic balcony cabins on HAL's Vista Class are good, but if you're going to sail HAL I'd recommend a suite, as the suites are wonderful on HAL and better than those on Princess. However, I'd recommend the mini suite on Caribbean Princess over a standard balcony cabin on HAL.

Largin

I beg to differ with you. All the Hal ships have balconies.Even the smaller Prinsendam. The Statendam class has balcony cabins called Veranda suites and have about 292 sq ft incl the balcony. There is of course suites too that have over 500 sq ft.Not many balconies compared to the newer Vista Class however. The deluxe Veranda cabin has about 249 sq ft.on those. We have enjoyed balconies (Verandas) on The Volendam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Veendam, and Ryndam. Some great DAM ships!

We sail Princess again this Nov on the Star and am looking forward to it. Like Princess also.

Largin

I beg to differ with you. All the Hal ships have balconies.Even the smaller Prinsendam. The Statendam class has balcony cabins called Veranda suites and have about 292 sq ft incl the balcony. There is of course suites too that have over 500 sq ft.Not many balconies compared to the newer Vista Class however. The deluxe Veranda cabin has about 249 sq ft.on those. We have enjoyed balconies (Verandas) on The Volendam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Veendam, and Ryndam. Some great DAM ships!

We sail Princess again this Nov on the Star and am looking forward to it. Like Princess also.

Reread my post.. I said except for suites

Compared to Princess (Sea Princess) the Zandamm balconies and cabins were far better. On the other hand the service personnel on HAL except for a few Jamaicans were rude and otherwise unpleasant. I would rather take the smaller balcony on Sea Princess - next march it happens.

I have been on 10 HAL cruises over the last 6 years. The service personnel are the best in the cruise industry. They are always friendly, appropriate and helpful. I guess it is always possible to run into one rude individual but I can't imagine a whole group of bad service people on HAL. I have been on the Zaandam twice and had a wonderful experience.

Archived