Green Tea

mirrajay

Hey Everyone -

I have heard about the benefits of green tea for weightloss, but am not really sure how this works or if it even really helps.

I saw some natural Dexatrim in the store this evening that apparently contains green tea and no chemicals.

Has anyone tried this or had any experience with green tea at all?

Is it a waste of my 8 dollars?

Thanks,

Carey

Carnival Victory, here I come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Tea is suppose to be good for you, health wise,

black or green.

I drink it just for that reason, I drink decaff...green tea mostly but black too.

If it helps you lose more power to it but don't count on it.

Green tea has tons of antioxidants in it which can help prevent some types of cancer. There is also catechin polyphenols that helps boost your body's metabolism which will make you burn more calories and it prevents glucose from moving into your fat cells. I believe it has also been shown to lower cholesterol. I think I read that drinking 2 cups a day can help you burn 80 to 100 extra calories. They also have green tea extract supplements which I believe is what is used in most studies.

I did a research paper about this for a nutrition class I took last semester. Overall green tea is good stuff with tons of health benefits.

Here are some site I have cone acrossed with some infor about green tea. Hope this helps.

http://www.japanesegreenteaonline.com/weightloss.htm

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/dietweightloss/a/greentea.htm

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0NAH/9_32/94639443/p2/article.jhtml?term=

I Did not look at the links above,so sorry if i miss important info.But from what I have discovered about GT is that it does have great benifits,but that you need about 6 cups a day.

The benifits of GT in supplement form are still being tested.I add 1 or 2 bags of it (lipton GT

with lemon) to my regular tea,but I doubt I get enough to help.

Rhapsody Reunion 9-12-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

netdiver.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I posted on this just before the boards went down, and I'm not sure if anyone saw it, so here it is again:

I have been drinking green tea for a while, but I hadn't been drinking it every day until recently. Even if it doesn't help with weight loss, it's still good! I have a hot cup of green tea in the morning as a treat for drinking enough water, and I get Arizona's gallon jug of Green Tea with honey to drink as iced tea. There is also a diet green tea in the jugs and in powdered mix form. Every once in a while, I will have a chai latte made with green tea. Of course, I'm a tea lover, so it's not hard for me to remember to drink it. I also hate swallowing pills. I would suggest any of the above if you want to try different ways of drinking green tea. If you want to make your own low-fat latte, you can get chai spice green tea from Stash Tea. They have very reasonable prices compared to what you might pay in the grocery store, and you can also buy bulk teas. Also, they ship very quickly. I have ordered from them in the morning and received my order two days later. Their teas are delicious, and they usually have a lot of deals going on, as well as great discounts in the clearance section.

If you don't like drinking green tea, another option besides capsules would be to buy the powdered form used in Japanese tea ceremonies, called matcha. You can mix the matcha in with yogurt or some of your favorite dishes. I got my matcha powder in bulk from Everything Kitchens, but they have a $7 processing fee for orders under $50. Another website you might try is Pacific Leaf Company. They also have tips and recipes for using matcha powder on their website.

9/20/04 Sovereign of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500Roll Call

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

I'm new here, but I have been drinking the Arizona Green Tea with Honey for a couple weeks now. It's really great stuff. I started with the hot green tea this winter. I had read in a lot of the dite stuff out that Green Tea was an ingredient. Sure hope it helps.

Mona

There is also a pure green tea powder you take as well. If you are serious about your weight loss and are looking to use it for that reason. Not only does it aide in the increase of your metabolism it also decreases your appatite.

My sister, who is a pro boxer uses this to make her weigh ins before a fight. She swears by it. I will post back later to let you know the website she goes through to purchase it.

Hoped this has helped

Archived