San Francisco Pier & America's Cup ???

grak

How close is the SF Pier and where the A.C. is held? Will that affect the cruise parking? Just trying to plan ahead. Thanks.

The pier is very close to where America's Cup is held. It's a brief walk just down the block. I can see parking becoming a problem. Just dropping my parents off at the pier last month for their Princess cruise(without America's Cup going on, mind you) was really busy and hectic. Pick up wasn't as bad since we got there very early(we arrived at 7am) and parked across the street(all day parking if you park before 8am is pretty cheap). We just walked around and had breakfast in the meantime.

Any ideas as to the amount of traffic in the city, waits for cable cars or a seat in a restaurant during America's Cup? Last year, it was the Olympics in London - this year, America's Cup in San Francisco. We sure know how to time our cruises!

I imagine traffic at the cruise terminal will be insane, and I wouldn't be surprised if our 4:00 pm sailing time were delayed.

We'll just drive into the city EARLY and I've reserved a parking spot in the cruise lot. Love walking around Fisherman's Wharf and here's a good opportunity!

We'll just drive into the city EARLY and I've reserved a parking spot in the cruise lot. Love walking around Fisherman's Wharf and here's a good opportunity!

That's a good idea. There are lots of good places to eat at and visit in the area. We were there at 7am and didn't pick my parents up until 1100 or so but we found that the time flew by. For boarding, my parents were actually onboard the ship by noon.

sunluva7, I would recommend doing what grak is doing just in case so you don't get caught up in traffic. I am not sure what the America's Cups crowds will be like. I'd just get there early and then board the ship as soon as they let you so even if departure is delayed, you are already on board relaxing. :) My parents' cruise was delayed as well but they were enjoying themselves on board and didn't have a care in the world.

Archived