Any updates on bookings FROM Pt. Canaveral on the Breakaway?

I think that Florida has more than enough options when it comes to ships and itineraries compared to what NYC has. :) The Getaway's home port will be Miami as well. Breakaway is NYC's ship and should stay there exclusively, IMO (at least initially).

Yes, Please give us some nice new ships up here. We always have to fly down. Come to NY, it's a very cool place. Lived there for 14 years before moving to CT to raise the kids. DH still commutes everyday. I would love to have an itinerary that would leave from NY and stop along the way down to Florida... and beyond :)

Earlier this year it was possible, for at least a brief few days, on the NCL website to book the Breakaway round trip from Pt. Canaveral (with one of your stops being NYC).

Anyone heard anything else about that?

Tom

YES I have.

(I've never posted before, so hope this comes across correctly ...)

Your question clears up (sorta) something strange I saw on my TA's (the big box one) website. For November and December they are offering the Breakaway RoundTrip from Port Canaveral (Tuesday departures, coinciding with the ship being there on Tuesday's after leaving NY on Sunday's). I had checked and did find it odd that it isn't available on NCL's website, so don't know what's going on there. But maybe this info can help in your efforts to book something.

YES I have.

(I've never posted before, so hope this comes across correctly ...)

Your question clears up (sorta) something strange I saw on my TA's (the big box one) website. For November and December they are offering the Breakaway RoundTrip from Port Canaveral (Tuesday departures, coinciding with the ship being there on Tuesday's after leaving NY on Sunday's). I had checked and did find it odd that it isn't available on NCL's website, so don't know what's going on there. But maybe this info can help in your efforts to book something.

Nice first post. Thanks for making your way out of the shadows! :)

Any chance you could post the link to that website?

I'm not sure why NCL would only offer the Pt. Canaveral option directly to Europeans and not U.S. residents... unless there's some archaic law which makes that difficult.

Tom

Nice first post. Thanks for making your way out of the shadows! :)

Any chance you could post the link to that website?

I'm not sure why NCL would only offer the Pt. Canaveral option directly to Europeans and not U.S. residents... unless there's some archaic law which makes that difficult.

Tom

Thank you! CC has helped me so much in my researching of cruises.

I would gladly post the link, but didn't think we were supposed to do that on CC. If you have a membership to the Club that I'm speaking of, you can see it on their site.

Thank you! CC has helped me so much in my researching of cruises.

I would gladly post the link, but didn't think we were supposed to do that on CC. If you have a membership to the Club that I'm speaking of, you can see it on their site.

Ahhh yes -- CC guidelines.

Are we talking Costco/Sam's kind of place? (though I have no such memberships)

Tom

Tom

I see it!

7 Night Cruise from Port Canaveral (Round Trip)

Ship Name: Norwegian Breakaway

Costco Member Rating: 4.1/5 203 Ratings

Ports of Call: Ports of Call list not available at this time.

Departure Date Inside Ocean View Balcony Suite Prices per person*

11/05/2013

Tom

Sorry Tom-n-Cheryl, I tried to post this earlier but my phone died just as I hit "Send", so had to wait till I got back home! :(

But, Yes I'm talking about the first place you said, the place beginning with "C" ... and hey, are you trying to get me in trouble with CC Moderators on my first day on here? LOL :o

Anyway, I see someone already posted a sample from "C's" travel website. To correct what I said previously, you don't need a membership to see what cruises they offer, but you do to see the pricing.

So, this is 5 minutes later now ... I just got off the phone with "C" to verify the Breakaway RT's from PtCanaveral every Tuesday in November and December are really happening. She called and verified with NCL that they are. And while I was waiting, I checked NCL's site and it's on there too! Must have just happened though, cause my TA said the NCL rep hadn't even heard yet that they were boarding in two different ports.

Btw, I compared pricing, and "C" is about 100pp cheaper for every date. (Our Pearl cruise booked for Jan2014 through "C" was cheaper pp than directly through NCL. We also used "C" this past April and paid waaaayyy cheaper for our Epic cruise than going direct through NCL (and yes, we still got NCL perks and additonal "C" perks). From what I understand, NCL is the only cruise line they are able to sell this way.

Sorry this post is so long!

TRUE!

But then the Breakaway is not really "committed" to the NYC/Bermuda itineray...is it?? :cool:

Not really sure what you mean. The Breakaway will still be doing NYC/Bermuda round trips from May - October. During the Winter, when it is doing the Florida/Bahamas itinerary, NCL appears to have made available for people to board and go round trip from Port Canaveral as well as New York.

One interesting tidbit....I did the Gem Florida/Bahamas itinerary last year, and on a whim they switch the day they were going to visit Port Canaveral. I understand that that was done quite often last year. If they have people beginning and ending their vacations in Port Canaveral, switching the order of ports is no longer an option.

So what does this mean? Is this cruise available for booking from Port Canaveral?

Just the November date showing?

If not, what dates are available?

:confused:

Read the post just above yours, what I posted just minutes before you. All dates in November and December are now on NCL's site too! :)

(Only balcony and suite categories are available, everything else is sold out.)

Read the post just above yours, what I posted just minutes before you. All dates in November and December are now on NCL's site too! :)

(Only balcony and suite categories are available, everything else is sold out.)

Sold out, or blocked out I wonder?

It's odd that suites wouldn't show initially, but now they are available.

OK< what am I doing wrong ? I can't find it:(:confused:

Nevermind, I see it. Haven't been on NCL's website in awhile and it seems confusing to me.

This is all sort of last minute, isn't it? Why is there no availability for Jan/Feb/March, etc?

OK< what am I doing wrong ? I can't find it:(:confused:

Nevermind, I see it. Haven't been on NCL's website in awhile and it seems confusing to me.

This is all sort of last minute, isn't it? Why is there no availability for Jan/Feb/March, etc?

So why did they just tell me last week that I was going to be contacted about my Mar. boarding in PC, the rep said I would have to board in NY, they must have known then that they were going to start offering it out of PC, maybe they just wait to see if they can sell the cabins out of NY and then offer whats left a few months out, I believe the first time it was offered (when I booked it) was actually a mistake, I am still waiting to hear from them. We would have loved to go in Oct. but we have already paid final on our Dec. 1st cruise and have a lot of plans the end of Oct. so it's not possible now. We are going to PC next Tues to watch her sail in, we would have just hopped on then but I don't see any availability for the 15th.

I know....I would have booked in Oct. or November too, but now I have a cruise booked for November 9 so I can't.

I would have booked in March (with you), but now I have a cruise booked in February which I could cancel (I'd have to really think about it), but I still don't know if this cruise would be offered then.:confused:

Well at least it seems like your booking will be OK ....

On the NCL website, for the 10/22 sailing out of Port Canaveral I see inside and balcony cabins available.

There are balcony and mini-suites available for other dates. The listing only goes up to the end of the year.

EDIT: I tried to do a mock booking for 2 but get this error:

We're sorry, we no longer have any categories that accommodate your number of guests. Please select another sailing date or itinerary. To book multiple staterooms, please call us at 1.866.234.7350

__

strange, it shows availability! Maybe you have to call in order to book???

7-Day Bahamas & Florida from Port Canaveral:

PORTS OF CALL

EMBARK Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral)

Great Stirrup Cay (Bahamas)

Nassau (Bahamas)

New York

DISEMBARK Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral)

November 05 - 12, 2013

Tuesday - Tuesday

STATEROOM TYPE

Mini-Suite

On the NCL website, for the 10/22 sailing out of Port Canaveral I see inside and balcony cabins available.

There are balcony and mini-suites available for other dates. The listing only goes up to the end of the year.

EDIT: I tried to do a mock booking for 2 but get this error:

We're sorry, we no longer have any categories that accommodate your number of guests. Please select another sailing date or itinerary. To book multiple staterooms, please call us at 1.866.234.7350

__

strange, it shows availability! Maybe you have to call in order to book???

7-Day Bahamas & Florida from Port Canaveral:

PORTS OF CALL

EMBARK Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral)

Great Stirrup Cay (Bahamas)

Nassau (Bahamas)

New York

DISEMBARK Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral)

November 05 - 12, 2013

Tuesday - Tuesday

STATEROOM TYPE

Mini-Suite

I did a mock booking earlier today and balcony and mini suite were available, could only choose GTY but it was there, then a few hours later I tried another date and got the same message as you, maybe they only had a few GTY and they sold out fast for all dates.

I have a booking from PC on Breakaway March 2014.

Since NCL has put some Breakaway/Pt. Canaveral sailings back on their website... they must have the intent to fill some cabins.

What's going on here? You'd think they would promote it, at least somewhat!

Odd...

Tom

A good link was posted on another thread:

Unique Dual Popularity Supports Breakaway Opportunity

Port Canaveral will welcome 138 port-of-call ship visits in 2013 and is the only homeport in Florida that enjoys such port-of-call popularity. Recently, Norwegian Cruise Line announced that the flagship of its newest vessel class, the 4,000-passenger Norwegian Breakaway, will stop at Port Canaveral during 7-day cruises from its New York City homeport, starting in October.

In an exciting break from tradition, the line also announced that passengers will be able to board the Breakaway in Central Florida, for a 7-day round-trip to the Bahamas, New York City and back, making Port Canaveral a home(port) away from home(port).

http://www.recommend.com/draft/third-disney-ship-and-port-of-call-embarkations-at-port-canaveral-provide-more-cruise-sales-opportunities/

Obviously this will require at least a skeleton crew for check-in, luggage handling, and customs. I wonder what percentage (or number) of people will be jumping on here. My guess is it's no more than single digits - but I'd love to hear more!

Tom

Last night I looked at the PC port sailing on 11/5 only showed availability for balconies and above.

I checked our 11/3 NYC sailing and the only availability is for balcony cabins and above. That may be why we don't see availability from PC on 11/5 for say and inside or oceanview.

From what it looks like, although I'm assuming, is that NCL opens up availability at the PC port with any leftover cabins from the NYC bookings for a limited time between now and the end of the year sailings.

So NCL must be adding the PC port availability "last minute" to fill up the ship with cabins that aren't booked in NYC.

Last night I looked at the PC port sailing on 11/5 only showed availability for balconies and above.

I checked our 11/3 NYC sailing and the only availability is for balcony cabins and above. That may be why we don't see availability from PC on 11/5 for say and inside or oceanview.

From what it looks like, although I'm assuming, is that NCL opens up availability at the PC port with any leftover cabins from the NYC bookings for a limited time between now and the end of the year sailings.

So NCL must be adding the PC port availability "last minute" to fill up the ship with cabins that aren't booked in NYC.

I just checked a few minutes ago on the NCL site and it only is offering sailings from NYC again... yesterday it was both NYC and PC...

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K !! ;)

Tom

Archived