Just booked a few questions

tangobunny

Was going to book for Sept but price came down for July 2nd sailing Med Adventure.....as it's our wedding anniversary on 5th I took the plunge and booked it.

I've paid for an outside cabin on 3/4.....might take the upgrade if offered otherwise plan to book my cabin.....any suggestions?

Also what's to do in Calvi....I know it's tender to shore but is there anything of interest to go and see when we get there?

I know they have recently had problems with illness (hope that's sorted now)....would you recommend taking your own cutlery and mugs(that's what someone else suggested)...I was going to take a thermos mug each anyway so we can take a cuppa to the cabin.

As we will be one of the first lot of passengers aboard how far is it into Palma? is there a shuttle bus or is it walkable.

Ah greetings tangobunny, I also will be on board for the 2nd July and I think from reading on Facebook that the Island Escape is full for those 2 weeks. As for Calvi this will be our first visit so if anybody else has any info on said port I too would be interested.

I use a thermos mug for hot and cold drinks it's brilliant as her indoors thinks it's a hot drink ;)

Depends what you want to do in Palma, if it's just a bit of shopping there is a shopping Mall 10 mins walk from the ship, if Interested I can give you directions..

RR

Hi

We're also due to visit Calvi on our cruise and have looked into excursions etc. I think, though I'm open to correction on this point, that you can walk into Calvi itself. As to what to see, I've found mention of a harbour with bars, cafe's etc and there are also some historical landmarks, including the house lived in by Christopher Columbus and a cathedral, if you're into that sort of thing, which we are. I think I also found mention of a city square, again with cafe's, bars etc. If anyone has some more information or I've got something wrong, then please let me know.

Calvi is a lovely little place. Not much there but nice for a stroll around.

Walk along the harbour front and you come to a big beach, when we were there it had a market directly behind it.

Walk into town and to the right and it's a nice fortress on top of the headland, great views and lovely to walk around.

It's very quaint.

Archived