Question about Lotus Spa

Terre

Yes, I did have a few things done at the spa on the Star this spring. It was higher priced than spas at home, but what the heck. I did the massage and it was wonderful. I also had my hair done for both formal nights. The wash and style was $31. I can't remember the price of the massage but probably somewhere around $80. If you get to the spa right after the muster drill, they have drawings for freebies. My sister won a facial. They also give free consultations after the spa tour. We did that as well. This is when I signed up for all of my appointments to make sure I got to times I needed.

go and enjoy!

jaime

ps: I didn't get the hard sell except from one stylist. after I told her I wasn't interested, she didn't puruse it.

when we boarded, there were representatives from the spa handing out entry cards for drawings for such things as facials, massages, hair, etc. The spa tour was about 5:30 p.m. (after the muster drill). before the spa tour they drew the winners. you could either leave then or go on the tour. they probably drew about 6 names.

I agree, you will spend more here than for a message at home. But you are on vacation. My last two trips were during my schools spring break. I teach junior high (7th Math). I REALLY needed to relax, so booked a message the first day. I hate to admit I enjoyed the sun, water, and every drink of the day. Fourth quarter with state and standardized tests, was a breeze. My teaching friends mentioned repeatly how less stressed I was getting to the end of school. What can I say....it was worth every one of the dollars I spent there.

Hint: The day you book your spa feature you get to use the sauna's etc all day long.:p

Treat yourself and enjoy.

Thanks for the replies. I feel the same way; I know it will cost more than at home, but like everyone says, I'll be on vacation -- what the hey! I thought since my birthday is coming up, I'll tell everyone to give me money and I can apply toward my spa treatment!:D

They have specials on in-port days. We did hot stone massages one of the days we were in one of the stops, and got them for half price. You just have to keep watching. It's totally worth it though, even if you have to pay full price. We did several things, and loved every one of them.

I keep thinking I post a question, then it doesn't show up...hmm. Anyway, someone mentioned that the sauna was free all day if you used spa services. Sauna and hot tubs aren't free? Is there a daily charge just for that stuff? I though it'd be nice to start the day there....:o

I have to mention something that happened to me. I pre-booked my spa treatment online. I didn't print out any copy of the appointment. When I got to the spa, they had my booking, but they had raised the price of the treatment and refused to honor the online price unless I had proof of it. So from now on whenever I book anything online, I copy the page with the prices and take it with me.

Marly

PS: The hard sell comes after the treatment when you are relaxed and more likely to l buy!

Marly

I keep thinking I post a question, then it doesn't show up...hmm. Anyway, someone mentioned that the sauna was free all day if you used spa services. Sauna and hot tubs aren't free? Is there a daily charge just for that stuff? I though it'd be nice to start the day there....:o

there were "free" saunas/steam rooms and whirlpool in the women's locker room inside the spa and fitness area. These were your basic rooms. There were also the really nice steam/saunas inside the area where spa services are given. There were also those hot stone beds. You were allowed to use these if you had purchased a spa package. I believe there was a $25 or $50 charge for the day if you weren't getting a service.

Flutterbees, thanks for the tip about 1/2 price on port days. We've been to these ports so many times that I may just stay on board on one of them and get a 1/2 price something!

Great tip!:D

Archived