Elegant night= no suits?

mcatmcat

If your not concerned how you look, wear what ever you want.

If you want the ladies to notice, Tux or suite and tie.

If your with your wife or girlfriend, dress to please her.

If she dosen't care how you dress, that ship might have sailed allready.

Thats how it works.:p

IF a man looks nicely put together, and carries himself with an air of confidence, I'd notice him whether he wore a suit or shorts and a t-shirt.

Sorry, I've seen plenty of men with a suit on that looked wrong...just plain wrong.

And for the record, I don't care how my husband dresses, because I know I he will put his best foot forward and look darn good doing so. It isn't a matter of 'my ship having already sailed' (trust me sweetie, he keeps my ship in top shape) it's a matter of my husband being an adult, and him not needing to 'please me' by wearing the black suit instead of the gray one.

I think this is true sometimes but not always. During the summer and on 3-5 day cruises you're probably not far off. However, on 7 day cruises, especially those in the fall or winter when the median age is older than during spring and summer family cruise season, the numbers are probably over 80%+ wearing ties and half or more with coats.

At least that been our experience over the past few years.

That has been our experience, as well -- cruising in the fall, only a few young families on board, longer cruises, plus late dining. On our last cruise I was pleasantly surprised at how many in the MDR were dressed up, as we like the formal vibe on elegant nights.

There was one elderly couple that sailing dressed to the nines every single night: she in an evening gown, he in a color-coordinated tuxedo with matching shoes -- different outfits every single night (8)! They were a hoot!

If you are married and male (as I am), realistically, the dress code is whatever your wife says it is. lol.

I catch crap all the time from my friends when we're getting ready to go out for the night, they'll ask, what are you wearing tonight. I'll turn to my wife " what am I wearing tonight ", lol. Of course her reply is , wear whatever you want, yeah right. If I do pick something out, " is that what your wearing tonight " NO

So if you do not dress up for your partner your marriage is over? I have been with my wife and she is just as attracted to me wearing a suit or cargos and a nice shirt. I am not on a cruise to impress other people just concerned about myself and my family

Playa, if she doesn't care how you look, what do I care.

I don't care how you look.:D

I'm just stating the obvious.

Ladies like a well dressed man.

Or a guy who doesn't care how he dresses.

Some people are so shallow. The person inside matters much more than the packaging.

That's true, a wise person once told me ( my 1st sgt ), you can put a turd in suite, it's still a turd. :D

I put it nicer than he did

That's true, a wise person once told me ( my 1st sgt ), you can put a turd in suite, it's still a turd. :D

We must have had the same 1st Sgt:)

IF a man looks nicely put together, and carries himself with an air of confidence, I'd notice him whether he wore a suit or shorts and a t-shirt.

Sorry, I've seen plenty of men with a suit on that looked wrong...just plain wrong.

And for the record, I don't care how my husband dresses, because I know I he will put his best foot forward and look darn good doing so. It isn't a matter of 'my ship having already sailed' (trust me sweetie, he keeps my ship in top shape) it's a matter of my husband being an adult, and him not needing to 'please me' by wearing the black suit instead of the gray one.

Honey (you said sweetie) good for you.

Good for your relationship.

In the single world, soon to be single world, dress is the first impression.

Wear what ever you want.

Don't knock a guy for giving the effort.

He's not looking for you.

He's looking for the single ladies.:p

The thing is you know I'm right.

He looks better than the t... in a tshirt and shorts.

Guys, over 50% of marriages end in divorce, don't be part of the majority.

Put in the effort for the ladies.

then and I am curious..if you don't enjoy the more formal aspects of the MDR..why don't you just eat in the Buffet each night? Same food. More choices.????

Why bother to come to the MDR..if not for the more formal atmosphere..and then dress to offend? Makes no sense to me. A pair of Khakis...a short sleeve shirt..........that is an effort? ReallY?

A dress... a nice pair of slacks ..a blouse....that is an effort?

why not try the Nudie crusies..They never have an issue with the correct dress and they sound like fun,nice folks.

So nice slacks and a nice shirt on a man is the equivalent of being naked? It is offensive?

So nice slacks and a nice shirt on a man is the equivalent of being naked? It is offensive?

Naked men are offensive to me; just sayin'! :D

Now naked ladies...:)

Oh, did anyone pop some popcorn for this thread? :D

You guys do what you want. I'm still wearing my tux! :p

No way. The percentage is no where near 90%. More like 10-15%.

It certainly hasn't been close to 90% this century.

All cruise lines sell illusions. Some people buy the Camelot rubbish hook, line and sinker. If they want to do that fine, but don't expect others to be participants in the fantasy.

Naked men are offensive to me; just sayin'! :D

Now naked ladies...:)

You guys do what you want. I'm still wearing my tux! :p

Which explains why I spend a sea day in the shade looking at paranormal activity. Imagine a nice breeze, a cold drink and watching the ladies walk by and I make a highly scientific guess: Pair a normals, pair of fakes... :eek:

Which explains why I spend a sea day in the shade looking at paranormal activity. Imagine a nice breeze, a cold drink and watching the ladies walk by and I make a highly scientific guess: Pair a normals, pair of fakes... :eek:

Fakes is a rather crude way to describe "after market accessories"..:D:D

Playa, if she doesn't care how you look, what do I care.

I don't care how you look.:D

I'm just stating the obvious.

Ladies like a well dressed man.

Or a guy who doesn't care how he dresses.

Not a playa but a secure married guy whose long time wife like how I look just as much casually than with pants or a suit, hell she like me in a bathing suit the best

He looks better than the t... in a tshirt and shorts.

Guys, over 50% of marriages end in divorce, don't be part of the majority.

Put in the effort for the ladies.

If you wind up divorce because you did not put in the effort to dress you had bigger issues in your marriage.;)

Bill

My dh no longer has a suit. He says it shrank. :confused::rolleyes: So we got rid of it. We live in Austin and everything is very, very casual, even church. He's also very hot-natured. If he packs dress pants/khakis and a dress shirt, he doesn't need a tie? Or would you go with a jacket if he doesn't want to wear a tie? I guess really getting him a couple of ties would be cheaper and easier to pack than a jacket.

I plan to pack a black dress that I can add 2 different sets of jewelry/sparkly sweaters with. My dd will be 13 and REALLY wants to dress up. I think she's planning to call Taylor Swift for her red carpet leftovers. :D

The best dressed man I ever saw on a cruise (besides my dh in a tux) was a guy from Texas, he had dressy cowboy gear even the dressy cowboy hat, which he took off at the table. OMG, he was the best looking best dressed guy in the dinning room.

Archived