Rollator on Panama Canal Excursions

belle836

I have a walking problem and use a scooter and for lighter walking I use a 4-wheel Rollator. I am traveling with 3 other people. 1 is my travelling companion and 2 are able-bodied friends. My question is for anyone who has made this voyage and used a Rollator on shore excursions.

Their plans are for the following excursions:

Guatemala, Puerto Quetzal...Colonial Antigua, Museum, Scenic Drive & Lunch

Costa Rica, Puntateras...Rainforest Aerial Tram, Nature Walk and Lunch This one says I can hang out at the cafeteria while others go on the nature walk. I'm pretty sure I can do the Tram but would like to know exactly what is involved.

Panama, Fuerte Amador..Wildlife Nature Cruise, Gamboa Lake... there is a 100 yard walk involved in this which is beyond my capacity unless there is a slower paced walk to the boat.

Aruba..Scenic Cruise, Lighthouse & Rock Formations..this one has several 100 yard and 1 500yd. walk involved, I think, with exploring the rock formations etc.

Please if anyone of my fellow "gimps" have done any of these excursions I would be so thankful for any information that would give me a clue as to whether or not I will be able to go with them.

Thanks so much.

In Panama, did you mean Gatun Lake as I am not familiar with Gamboa Lake. If you are talking about Gatun Lake, you care correct in the very long walk to the boat. I require the use of a scooter and a walking cane and had to make this walk. I informed the crowd that they would have to wait on me to get to the boat.

It sounds like you have most everything covered and the use of a rollator would be your best option. Just make sure that everyone knows that you have a disability and they need to wait on you occasionally and if your excursions are ship-sponsored then they definitely would have to wait on you. So take your time and enjoy,,,

Archived