Holiday cruise

AtMaui

They decorate the ship, as do most of the other lines and they'll probably have a special brunch on Xmas day. See you on the TA in Nov. We'll be in 901 and will have an evening get together while we're in Malaga.

We spent Christmas/New Year 2011/12 on Spirit.

Doug's quite right, the ship was decorated, in a fairly understated, very tasteful way. The showiest decorations were the garlands around the staircase bannisters. There were gingerbread houses and I believe there was a model train too.

Since there were a number of children on board, Santa paid a visit on Christmas Day morning, and there were elves too helping to give out gifts to the children.

In the Italian tradition there was special dinner on Christmas Eve.

There was a Galley Brunch on Christmas Day which was fantastic.

Every evening when we returned to our suite there was special sweet treat, not just the regular turndown chocolates.

NYE was very enjoyable, we ate in Le Champagne, later there was a party out on the pool deck. Everyone was dressed to the nines and it was wonderful.

We're not big on Christmas celebrations, but we found that Silversea got it just right. Some may have been underwhelmed, but I didn't hear fellow guests complaining.

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Edited to add :

I've just found this old thread from last year when my memory was fresher. You may find some of the posts helpful to read.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687680

Agree with Ravenscroft and have spent the last 2 years on Sprit and booked again for this. The only way to escape the U.K. and Xmas hype at that time of year. Very low key for both Xmas and New Year but both done correctly on their due day then the rest of the time much as you would expect on a normal cruise.

Sadly Antigua is after Xmas this year but even I enjoyed carols sung Antigua street style, an experience not to be missed.

Thanks for your responses. Looking forward to my first holiday cruise. We started out looking at the Eurodam but figured it would be too much of a shock to our system having just gotten off a 16 day trip on the Spirit!

And, yes, Doug, I'm looking forward to the TA too. Thanks for doing a get together for us.

Jaci

Archived