University of Alaska Museum of the North

tamsocal

We have been here once before but it is too many years ago to recall how much time we spent.

I know everyone is different but curious to know if allowing 90minutes seems reasonable or not?

We have too many things planned for Fairbanks and trying to make our 2 days a little more realistic

thanks in advance

Depends on how long you look at each exhibit, honestly I'm a student at UAF and I've never found a reason to be in there for more than an hour.

I was thinking 60-90 minutes so probably reasonable estimate

:)

happy studies!!

Depends on how long you look at each exhibit, honestly I'm a student at UAF and I've never found a reason to be in there for more than an hour.

Interesting comment. We are members of the Museum of the North, and visit frequently to see each special exhibit. There are also several pieces in the Rose Berry Art Gallery which I visit each time we are there -- like re-reading a favorite piece of literature which gives great pleasure each time you re-read it. This being said, we have extreme difficulty in spending less than TWO hours there EACH time we visit.

tamsocal: Please check the Museum of the North's website to check if they have any special family activities scheduled for the day your family plans to visit. They do a number of family oriented events, and local families will plan to spend hours there on those dates.

the kids will likely want to watch a movie so thats 30 minutes. I have emaild re family days 12-4p but havent heard back. I could not find a calendar on the website noting events specific dates.

Probably 2-3 hours is more realistic. it is scheduled on our plans to arrive ~ 4pm- so we will have 3 hours- if its shorter- we will go somewhere else.

if we take 3 hours at Univ of Alaska, something the next day will get crossed off the list- just not sure what that will be- will also see how the kids are-- do they want to run around & hike or go to museums, etc. Do they really want to mini golf when we can do that at home but without all of the Alaska putting greens :)

I'm sure we will have a fun 2 days but we have a lot planned (too much!) but at least I wont spend hours after we get there sorting out what to do- we will have the GPS loaded, hop in the car & modify are stops based on what we are in the mood for & also have the reservations made for the things we booked in advance (gold dredge, riverboat, fishing/float trip)

Archived