UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

OK - Im looking for help filling in the blanks. Can someone find out, preferably from the CD or activities staff directly (not from RCI landside):

Explorer: What date is the handover between Leigh and John?

Jewel: What date is the handover between Carly and Dennis (should be very soon!)

Liberty: Rich is due for a break soon - what date does his break begin, and who will be taking over CD duties?

Navigator: Is Simona staying onboard until the transatlantic, or will she be taking a break soon?

Edited by DonnaK

Dennis is now on the Jewel according to a recent thread "Just off Jewel of the Seas"

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until August 4

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 then Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Rico du Breil started June 29.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from May 17 until July 19, then Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20, then Mitch returns December 20

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season, then Gordon Whatman for the repositioning and for the Australian season.

OK - Im looking for help filling in the blanks. Can someone find out, preferably from the CD or activities staff directly (not from RCI landside):

Explorer: What date is the handover between Leigh and John?

Donna,

The roll call for the 5 night Bermuda cruise for July 20 has only 66 posts and they almost are all from the same 5 pretty new cruisers (none from this thread).

The roll call for the 9 night cruise for July 25 has only about 115 posts and not any from your thread either. Maybe if YOU ( you have a way with words ! ;)) went on and asked for their help, you might get an answer back!

Old lowly me they'd propably ignore! :( - Thanks! - Miriam (Since I'm on the Explorer October 20th and you know how I feel about John Blair, you realize why I'm pushing you (lol) ! :D

Edited by Clancy14

Anyone have any thoughts on Dave Chapman? Any thoughts welcome, but I'm mainly hopeful for new questions on Love and Marriage and new Quests. This is our first time on Majesty without Ricky. He did an excellent job on Quest.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until August 4

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 then Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from May 17 until July 19, then Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20, then Mitch returns on December 20

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season, then Gordon Whatman for the repositioning and for the Australian season.

I have no idea how accurate this information is, but I was on Liberty of the Seas, June 30th cruise and I was told by a staff member that Jerome, the current activities manager, will be taking of for Rich when he goes on vacation (still unsure when that is).

Jerome was fantastic and will make a great CD, if this info is accurate.

I have no idea how accurate this information is, but I was on Liberty of the Seas, June 30th cruise and I was told by a staff member that Jerome, the current activities manager, will be taking of for Rich when he goes on vacation (still unsure when that is).

Jerome was fantastic and will make a great CD, if this info is accurate.

This is great information. I think Jerome has filled as CD before. Let me see if I can find out his last name from the old CD thread, and then I will update the list.

Thanks so much!

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?) Activities Manager Jerome will be filling in as CD when Rich takes his break (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from May 17 until July 19, then Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20, then Mitch returns on December 20

Edited by DonnaK

:eek: Oops, you are right! I added the weeks wrong. Ken should be back July 28

Who is the CD on Allure on the July 28 sailing if Allan Brook is only on for 5 weeks?

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?) Activities Manager Jerome will be filling in as CD when Rich takes his break (exact date unknown)

This is great information. I think Jerome has filled as CD before. Let me see if I can find out his last name from the old CD thread, and then I will update the list.

Thanks so much!

As found in your closed thread....

Jerome Sueur

- Miriam

Jerome Sueur

- Miriam

Thank you Miriam!! I scanned that thread, but it was so long that I gave up before finding it. I appreciate that you took the time to dig deeper for us!:D

Thanks for taking time for compiling and updating this list!

My pleasure Vicki! I love solving puzzles! I couldn't do it without the help of all the "reporters in the field" who contribute the info that they find out from the ships and from the CD's directly.

Edited by DonnaK

Jerome Sueur

- Miriam

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?) Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD when Rich takes his break (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20. Mitch Merucci returns on December 20

Allure - Allan Brooks for Sept 15th Eastern Cruise

Received confirmation from RC via email today.

Thank you for letting us know.

Unfortunately, RCI emails are notoriously inaccurate for CD info, and for this reason, I don't use them to update this list.

Ken Rush typically does 4 months on followed by 6-8 weeks break, so unless there is a deviation from his usual cycle, he should be onboard from July 28 until around Thanksgiving.

Hopefully someone can verify this info with either Ken or Allan (or any other reliable crew ie: Concierge or activities staff) via social media or onboard the ship.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?) Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD when Rich takes his break (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20. Mitch Merucci returns on December 20

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Edited by DonnaK

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Does Erky From Turkey's stint as Activities Manager on Explorer OTS mean that Mrs. Blair won't be doing it? I thought she and John Blair always traveled as a pair.

Wow... so much rhyming here... it's like a Dr. Seuss book!

Does Erky From Turkey's stint as Activities Manager on Explorer OTS mean that Mrs. Blair won't be doing it? I thought she and John Blair always traveled as a pair.

Wow... so much rhyming here... it's like a Dr. Seuss book!

No, it appears that John and Katrina Blair are doing a two month fill-in (August and September) to cover Leigh's break. Leigh should be back at the beginning of October. If Erky is arriving on September 28, then he will probably take over as activities manager when Leigh returns. (there might be a one week overlap to provide a smoother transition).

I don't usually include activities managers on the list, but I saw the info about Erky on another thread, and figured that some people might be interested. He seems to be very popular, and has quite a following! Since I LOVE Leigh, I might be tempted to book a cruise on Explorer for the fall or early winter to see the two of them working together - it has the potential to be a lot of fun!

Edited by DonnaK