UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Donna sad News for us who loves Richard spacey he posted ON Facebook he had left rccl,he Will be going to celebrity. He Will be working in the office of celebrity,one off my best cruise director

Edited by ncb106

I've heard such great things about Allan Brooks, and am really hoping he'll be CD on our 2/16 Allure cruise. It looks like he's off the Oasis as of Feb. 8...do experts think they'll make the switch with Ken Rush by the 16th, or wait for him to start after the week off to fix the propulsion problems?

Donna sad News for us who loves Richard spacey he posted ON Facebook he had left rccl,he Will be going to celebrity. He Will be working in the office of celebrity,one off my best cruise director

Very sad. And very shocking!

I was looking forward sailing with him on the Quantum pre-inaugural.

I cannot find Richard's post on Facebook, and he hasn't updated his twitter account with the new information.

I will update the list regarding Richard's status when I update the list today.

Edited by DonnaK

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Lafuente starts January 19 (until when? Then who?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush Nov 24 until sometime in February, then Allan Brooks. (need handover date)

Anthem OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team for the for 6-8 weeks, then Joff Eaton is expected to be the regular CD of this ship.

Brilliance OTS - Clo O'Connor November 23 until January 24, then Steve Davis from January 24 until the end of May

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 for approx 4 months. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Marc's break (John Blair? Simona? Someone else?), followed by Marc for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Leigh's break (John Blair? Simona? Someone else?), followed by Leigh for another 4 months

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from December 22 through mid-late February. (then who?)

Grandeur OTS - Jeffery Arpin from November 26 through January 31. Ricky Matthews will return January 31 for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning on May 17 through Sept 2014 (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles from January 11 until March 15. Then Carly Boileau returns on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis for 2 months.

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 until January 24. Paul Rutter January 24 until March 17. Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 10, then Amy Fickert until April 27

Majesty OTS - Jerome Sueur started December 6 until Mitch Merucci returns from his break in mid-February (need handover date)

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started in early September until January 20. Gordon Whatman begins January 20 for 7 weeks (until March 10?)

Navigator OTS - Ship returns from drydock on Feb 5. John Perry will be CD until Feb 16. Then, who will be filling in as CD until John Perry returns from his break? (John Blair? Simona?)

Oasis OTS - Allan Brooks until Feb 8, then Jimmy Rhodes from Feb 8 until March 8. Then, Drew Devine March 8 through May 17. Then, Rico duBriel May 17 through July 19. Then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert began on November 16 until Feb 3 (who will be her replacement?)

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones Nov 19 through Feb 1. Graham Seymour returns from his break on Feb 1 for 6 months through August 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Serenade OTS - Topi Ylönen November 25 until March 16, then Anthony Richards.

Splendour OTS - João Pereira started Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Rico du Breil for the Panama season, Nov 11 through April 26

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

Edited by DonnaK

How do we find out who will be taking out Quantum and Anthem now that Richard has left? Will it still be Ken Rush? Alone? Paired with someone new?

I do not know who it will be yet, but I do know it will NOT be Ken.

I do not know who it will be yet, but I do know it will NOT be Ken.

Please share how you know that it will NOT be Ken.

It has already been announced by RCI that Ken would be one of the two CDs who would be sharing the duties of taking out all of the new builds.

Richard was assigned to the visible CD duties, and Ken was assigned to the behind-the-scenes duties. RCI decided to go with a team of two CDs for the first 6-8 weeks to provide a smooth take out.

So, are you saying that you have inside info that Ken has been reassigned from this task now that Richard has left?

It seems more likely that Ken will remain as the behind-the-scenes take out CD, and another CD will be announced to cover the duties that Richard was going to do. Or, maybe they will decide to go with one CD, and in that case, will it be Ken, or will he be reassigned and someone else will be given the position??

Do you know for sure that Ken is totally out of the picture as part of the takeout team???

Please share how you know that it will NOT be Ken.

It has already been announced by RCI that Ken would be one of the two CDs who would be sharing the duties of taking out all of the new builds.

Richard was assigned to the visible CD duties, and Ken was assigned to the behind-the-scenes duties. RCI decided to go with a team of two CDs for the first 6-8 weeks to provide a smooth take out.

So, are you saying that you have inside info that Ken has been reassigned from this task now that Richard has left?

It seems more likely that Ken will remain as the behind-the-scenes take out CD, and another CD will be announced to cover the duties that Richard was going to do. Or, maybe they will decide to go with one CD, and in that case, will it be Ken, or will he be reassigned and someone else will be given the position??

Do you know for sure that Ken is totally out of the picture as part of the takeout team???

I'm not the one that posted it would not be Ken, but someone on Twitter asked Richard who it would be and he tweeted back and said it would be Jimmy Rhodes.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not the one that posted it would not be Ken, but someone on Twitter asked Richard who it would be and he tweeted back and said it would be Jimmy Rhodes.

Tracy

If it is Jimmy Rhodes, I am canceling my 3 day sampler cruise.

Actually, I found that tweet. She just asked him who would be the CD of QOS, without regard to specific dates.

Jimmy has already been announced as the regular CD of the ship, after the initial take-out, so that's probably what Richard is referring to.

And, there are supposed to be two CD's on the take out, so even if it is Jimmy, then that doesn't mean Ken is out.

Edited by DonnaK

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started January 19 (until when? Then who?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush Nov 24 until sometime in February, then Allan Brooks. (need handover date)

Anthem OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) for the first 6-8 weeks, then Joff Eaton is expected to be the regular CD of this ship.

Brilliance OTS - Clo O'Connor November 23 until January 24, then Steve Davis from January 24 until the end of May

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 for approx 4 months. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Marc's break (John Blair? Simona? Someone else?), followed by Marc for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Leigh's break (John Blair? Simona? Someone else?), followed by Leigh for another 4 months

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from December 22 through mid-late February. (exact date? then who?)

Grandeur OTS - Jeffrey Arpin from November 26 through January 31. Ricky Matthews will return January 31 for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning on May 17 through Sept 2014 (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles from January 11 until March 15. Then Carly Boileau returns on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis for 2 months.

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 until January 24. Paul Rutter January 24 until March 17. Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Majesty OTS - Jerome Sueur started December 6. Mitch Merucci returns from his break in mid-February (need handover date)

Mariner OTS - Gordon Whatman begins January 20 for 7 weeks (until March 10? Then who? Dan Whitney?)

Navigator OTS - Ship returns from drydock on Feb 5. John Perry will be CD until Feb 16. Then, who will be filling in as CD until John Perry returns from his break? (John Blair? Simona?)

Oasis OTS - Allan Brooks until Feb 8, then Jimmy Rhodes from Feb 8 until March 8. Then, Drew Devine March 8 through May 17. Then, Rico duBriel May 17 through July 19. Then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert began on November 16 until Feb 3 (who will be her replacement?)

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones Nov 19 through Feb 1. Graham Seymour returns from his break on Feb 1 for 6 months through August 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

Sad because DH and I were looking forward to Richard being our CD on our 5-4-2014 FR cruise.

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started January 19 (until when? Then who?)

Anthem OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) for the first 6-8 weeks, then Joff Eaton is expected to be the regular CD of this ship.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Leigh's break (John Blair? Simona? Someone else?), followed by Leigh for another 4 months

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from December 22 through mid-late February. (exact date? then who?)

Grandeur OTS - Jeffrey Arpin from November 26 through January 31. Ricky Matthews will return January 31 for 4 months.

Majesty OTS - Jerome Sueur started December 6. Mitch Merucci returns from his break in mid-February (need handover date)

Mariner OTS - Gordon Whatman begins January 20 for 7 weeks (until March 10? Then who? Dan Whitney?)

Quantum OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Lets say this. Royal Caribbean wants Quantum to be ALL new. They want it to be completely different than anything before....

The problem is this: during the big reveal of Quantum it was said that Ken would take it out. But shortly after RCI changed their minds. Now, since Ken has been with RCI for many years, and still is with them, it would look very bad for him to have that taken away from him, thats when the 2 CDs idea was introduced, the secret being it still would only be one. They were/are just saying that to protect Kens image....

Unfortunatly, I cant revel the source of this, but I can say its from high up in RCI.

Lets say this. Royal Caribbean wants Quantum to be ALL new. They want it to be completely different than anything before....

The problem is this: during the big reveal of Quantum it was said that Ken would take it out. But shortly after RCI changed their minds. Now, since Ken has been with RCI for many years, and still is with them, it would look very bad for him to have that taken away from him, thats when the 2 CDs idea was introduced, the secret being it still would only be one. They were/are just saying that to protect Kens image....

Unfortunatly, I cant revel the source of this, but I can say its from high up in RCI.

Interesting, thanks for the inside scoop.

WOW! Thanks for sharing.

Any idea if they will still be going with the two person team?

And it makes me wonder - if they wanted to be entirely new, why did they assign Jimmy Rhodes (one of their absolutely worst CDs) as the regular CD of this ship. QOS leaves from my homeport, and I will not book a cruise with Jimmy as the CD. In fact, I will cancel the one I already have booked if he will be taking the ship out.

I like yourself have good contacts within Senior positions at Royal. And yes from time to time I am privileged to hear info ahead of any formal announcements, or inside information, which is supposed to stay that way.

For example I had photos of the original Quantum ship model, before the release of any information about the ship, but I would never have posted them on here.

I just find it very strange that anyone that has such sources would betray a confidence and do something that the company wants to avoid. Whatever the arrange between Ken and the company is should be kept between themselves, or accepted as being whatever has been officially stated at the time.

Yes The Q will be as all new as possible, but there will still be some of the regular take out team in senior positions on board, whilst others will stay in their current senior positions.

I know that many on CC want the gossip, and sometimes I could leak a teaser about things I know about say, dining options or entertainment, but I choose to remain loyal to my contacts and allow the company to make statements that fit with their programme. I would hope that others would do the same.:rolleyes:

Edited by ChipLondon

Does anyone have any feedback on Steve Davis? It looks like he'll be taking the Brilliance back to Harwich on the TA.

Clo was the CD on the last TA I took, and she was brilliant! The CD plays such an important roll in TAs, and I'm hoping Steve can keep us as busy as Clo did!

Just got back from the Grandeur of the Seas 1/11/14 sailing yesterday and we had Jefferey Arpin. I know that's known already but I wanted to let everyone know that he was great. It should be noted that like the previous commenters mentioned he is not very present at the cruise director staff events like the 50's & 60's Sock Hop or the 70's Disco Inferno but the events he did do were great. The Belly Flop contest that he hosted with Daryl had to be the most entertaining one I've seen. His farewell show was hands down the best I've ever seen. I don't think I saw him use graphics or technology a single time during the sailing, everything is done off the cuff keeping it all very fresh and relevant which is the top requirement of a great CD. Even his pre and post evening show speeches were usually hilarious and always done in the moment. I would certainly love to see him be a little more involved in the party events, but as a host he is certainly top notch and I would be happy to sail with him again.

As an aside Daryl was as great as everyone said he would be. So much energy in everything he does and he seemed to have a great Odd Couple relationship going with Jefferey. The two could not be more opposite but made it work.