Sicily itinerary for private tour?

poppan

We will be docked in Catania and I have arranged a private tour for my group. We are a family group with young children (as young as 2) all the way up to grandparents who like flat leisurely walks but not hiking or uneven ground.

Anyone have suggestions for what not to miss, or even an itinerary given the above? We'd like a more relaxed, flexible, probably shorter day (6 hours?) -- and don't want to hurry from site to site. Our kids would enjoy places where they can run around. Our adults would probably like pretty scenery more than historical sites, although a mix is always nice.

Thanks for any advice!

Might I recommend that you seek the advice of your private tour company as to what would meet the needs of your family?

We went to Etna & Taormina, both well worth it, but both involved uphills and uneven ground- think ground lava trails at Etna and cobblestones in Taormina. With a 2 year old, you'll want to do something active, perhaps the grandparents can sit on a bench while the little one discharges energy. Hopefully, you'll find something to suit all!

We used http://sicilylife.com and they were great. Was a private tour I orgianized--consisted of myself and wife and 4 wonderful older ladies from our ship (We had a great Roll Call) I hate to guess on ages, But I bet they were in the 70's if not older, but they were full of spunk! A great bunch.

We did their Unknown Sicily around Etna and the highlites of Taormina

Really not a lot of walking. We got out at a few places on Mt Etna for pics and info. Drove to Taoramina and our guide (Vincenzo) Who was awesome drove us all around Taoramina--we stopped and took pics, but not a lot of walking!

The most we had to walk is when he finally set us loose on Taoromina in the main tourist area, many restaurants to chill.

Prior to setting us loose, he recommended a small restaurant that was pretty much just a take out (a few smal tables) Da Cristina--pizza, pasta, etc etc and WOW, it was soooo good and inexpensive! He then picked us up again and dropped us off at the "top" of the tourist trap.

We all had a great time and experience.

But since you already have a tour company lined up, you are better off in asking what they can offer

Archived