quick comments about Breakaway, June 2-9

Educators2

Just back from Breakaway. A few quick comments-

Positives-

it was our first time as Platitinum. Great perks-free laundry bag, two dinners in Le Bistro-you can substitute Moderno or La Cucina, three bottles of wine(two with dinner), strawberries, Godiva chocolates, Behind the Scenes tour

Lovely new ship feel. Nice balcony cabin. Our room, 10784, was on the curve so the balcony was a little bigger. More elegant and contemporary design than a colorful, wow feeling.

Loved Cirque and Slam Alan in the jazz club. Rockettes gave a good presentation.

Loved the specialty restaurants- Le Bistro, Ocean Blue and Cagneys.

Appeal for all ages. Lots of different sports activities. I didn't try them but they were great for many ages. I liked the mini golf.

Julie, the cruise director, did a good job. Service very good.

Things to improve-

Many activities attracted large crowds. Not enough seats. You had to get to venues early.

Need to reserve early for shows and restaurants. Hard to have dinner before a 7 pm show.

Accessing folio was confusing. On board credit couldn't be applied to tips but the folio didn't show this or make it clear. Also, future cruise credit couldn't be applied for tips.

It would be good for NCL to have speakers to add to sea days.

Will write a more comprehensive review and answer questions. We were off ship at 8:30 am. Very easy.

hi i heard there is no electrically outlets near bed.

is that true?

ii have a sleep machine do i need to bring my own extension cord to use it?

also are their refrigerators in each room?

any room service menu and carlos bakery menus

thanks

We were on the same cruise. My husband uses a cpap machine - you need to bring a 3 prong extension cord. We brought a surge protector and an extension cord with additional plugs. Also, when we arrived, we tried to plug it into the outlet and it wouldn't go in. We had to call housekeeping and someone came to force the surge protector into the outlet.

there was a refrigerator in the room. We used it for the chocolate covered strawberries, complimentary wine and extra dessert from Ocean Blue.

I don't know about Room Service but lots of people in our corridor used it. There is a $5 charge for pizza. Carlos Bakery had small cupcakes, cannoli, lobster claws, small cakes that were decorated beautifully. Also the seven layer Italian cookies were75 cents each as were the rugella. I had cappuccino there every day. The cannoli were three dollars.

Archived