Romantic Restaurant

JD75

I'm searching for a nice romantic restaurant to propose to my girlfriend when we're there the first week in August. I've been searching online and have decided on Coconuts at The Reefs; it has tables set up on the beach. It'll be our first time on Bermuda so I'm hoping some frequent visitors to the island or locals could let me know if Coconuts is a good idea or if they'd suggest another place.

Thanks

Thanks for your response.. I have seen that thread you sent and I've also gone to the reviews. Unfortunately the reviews are geared more towards people's stays at The Reefs resort and not their restaurants in particular. The restaurants in the thread sound good, but I think I'd like to be at a place on a beach rather than the downtown Hamilton area though I'm not adverse to it if I can find a place with a nice Harbor view (if you know of any in particular). The reason I'm leaning towards Coconuts is the beach location and that it's been nicknamed "The best place to fall in love" on Bermuda; though that slogan could've been coined by The Reefs.. If one of the Hamilton restaurants has some outdoor seating with a nice Harbor view (maybe up on a balcony of some sort) please let me know. I'll be staying in St. George so Hamilton would be an easier commute than The Reefs (Warwick Parish) for dinner... Thanks again

coconuts at the Reefs is a fantastic choice to propose. we have dined there a few times, not on the beach but the food and atmosphere is so romantic!

They get booked up fast, espically for the beach dining, so call and make your reservation now!

Good luck, enjoy and congrats in advance!

Also since you'll be in St. George Tom Moores Tavern is very nice too and also the Fourways Inn is fantastic also! but Coconuts is a great beach locatioin!

Another idea is Pompano Beach club....ask for a table for two out on the balcony. you'll have a fantastic ocean view and sunset too! and the food and staff are fantastic!

The restaurants in the thread sound good, but I think I'd like to be at a place on a beach rather than the downtown Hamilton area though I'm not adverse to it if I can find a place with a nice Harbor view (if you know of any in particular).

Only one of the five restaurants in that thread I linked to was in Hamilton. I don't know if Aqua does beach dining but I don't think the others can.

Weluvtotravel had an interesting suggestion for Pompano but that's even farther away from St. Georges than The Reefs. Still, I'm sure they have a website with some pictures you could look at.

Thanks Swizzle.. I realized after I replied that a couple of those restaurants were scattered around the island.. I must say, as a big fan of Italian food, the menu at Primavera look excellent. How's the ambiance there?

I wouldn't mind going to a nice place in Hamilton, as long as it has a nice harbor view.

Thanks again

:) Thank you Weluvtotravel as well for the well wishes and suggestions. I'm glad to know you enjoyed Coconuts if I go there. I'm going to check out the Pompano per your suggestion as well.

I must say, reading these threads, the Frommer's guide I picked up, and other online research I feel like I've already been to the island. The anticipation of a vacation is almost as fun as the vacation itself

Thanks Swizzle.. I realized after I replied that a couple of those restaurants were scattered around the island.. I must say, as a big fan of Italian food, the menu at Primavera look excellent. How's the ambiance there?

Not many restaurants in Hamilton have nice harbour views. Waterloo House is one. The restaurant in the Hamilton Princess Hotel is another. La Coquille also has a decent view. That's about it I think, Primavera is almost directly across the street from Waterloo so doesn't have a view.

I've eaten at Primavera twice and while I didn't have a bad meal it didn't knock my socks off either. Then again there are a lot of Italian restaurants in Bermuda so maybe I'm just getting spoiled. ;)

Aside from Waterloo House I don't think there's anywhere in Hamilton that would fit the bill for a romantic dinner with Harbour views. You're probably better off with one of the restaurants on the South Shore (Aqua, Elbow Beach, Reefs, Pompano) but if you're in Hamilton ahead of time stop by Waterloo House and check it out.

I think i will stick to one of the coastal restaurants for my "big night" and then later in the week go to one of the ones in Hamilton. I appreciate all your help

I think I screwed up my first attempt to post a reply so I apologize if this appears again.

Dinner on the beach at the Reefs is an absolutely perfect spot to propose to your girlfriend.

The setting is stunningly beautiful. The food is great. The service is exceptional.

When you call ahead to make your reservation, let them know what you have planned and I am certain that they will be pleased to assist you with any special requests.

I recently celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary with a wonderful dinner on the beach at the Reefs. My wife and I loved it and lingered at our table long after the other guests had departed. I wish I had known about this spot when I proposed.

Tell your girlfriend to bring a sweater or jacket as it can get a tad cool after the sun sets.

Go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

The Reefs is great - but chance of rain can spoil the scene. Ariel Sands - (owned by Michael Douglas) has great restaurant overlooking the sea, as does Cambridges - out towards Dockyard. Most romantic is Tom Moore's Tavern - hundreds of years old, great menu, but no sea view -- it is near St George. Problem with restaurants in Hamilton is that Hamilton is a city - fairly busy - the harbor is interesting, but iif water view is important, you do better at Coconuts.

Archived