The Cheers program update

saphir

After 15 you cannot buy another drink period. There has been people who say they were able to purchase a drink prior to 15. Carnival has stated on their forums that you could purchase a drink for someone else prior to your 15 but not for yourself. I think it depends on you ship and bar tender, however it appears that the 15 limit is programmed into the system and will not allow any additional drinks. If you do not purchase the cheers program, there is no limit

[quote name='bigdog1958']After 15 you cannot buy another drink period. There has been people who say they were able to purchase a drink prior to 15. Carnival has stated on their forums that you could purchase a drink for someone else prior to your 15 but not for yourself. I think it depends on you ship and bar tender, however it appears that the 15 limit is programmed into the system and will not allow any additional drinks. If you do not purchase the cheers program, there is no limit[/quote]

You are about 58% incorrect.

Here is the exact post from carnival employee on there website concerning the cheers program, however, based on some others postings, it appears these rules are not always followed on each ship.
Mischelle replied on Mon Sep 23, 2013 at 05:27 PM

I apologize for the delay.

Here is the response from the VP of Beverage Operations:

CHEERS has a 15 alcoholic drink max and is not an unlimited or all-inclusive program. Non alcoholic beverages do not count towards this limit.

If a guest wants to buy a round of drinks, their 1 drink is comped as part of the CHEERS program and the other drinks in the round are charged to the guest S&S at normal prices including gratuity.

We do not allow guest to purchase individual drinks for themselves or others and guest are not allowed to purchase more drinks once they have hit the 15 drink limit. The drinks purchased for other guest do not count towards the 15 drinks.

If a guest wants a drink not covered by the program (over $10) they receive 25% off and that drink still counts towards the 15 drink limit. Examples are super premium cognacs and scotches, premium wine by the glass etc.

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

[quote name='bigdog1958']Here is the exact post from carnival employee on there website concerning the cheers program, however, based on some others postings, it appears these rules are not always followed on each ship.
Mischelle replied on Mon Sep 23, 2013 at 05:27 PM

I apologize for the delay.

Here is the response from the VP of Beverage Operations:

CHEERS has a 15 alcoholic drink max and is not an unlimited or all-inclusive program. Non alcoholic beverages do not count towards this limit.

I[COLOR="Red"]f a guest wants to buy a round of drinks, their 1 drink is comped as part of the CHEERS program and the other drinks in the round are charged to the guest S&S at normal prices including gratuity.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]We do not allow guest to purchase individual drinks[/COLOR] for themselves [COLOR="Red"]or others[/COLOR] and guest are not allowed to purchase more drinks once they have hit the 15 drink limit. The drinks purchased for other guest do not count towards the 15 drinks.

If a guest wants a drink not covered by the program (over $10) they receive 25% off and that drink still counts towards the 15 drink limit. Examples are super premium cognacs and scotches, premium wine by the glass etc.

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines[/QUOTE]

Well that is a contradiction. (see highlighted above)

• 1 year later...
[quote name='cruizinisthebest']OAML!!:p

I hear you. Not a beer drinker. I was thinking 15 of more what I like, which is cocktails. I would get Cheers if they offered it on the Sensation, but they don't. :([/QUOTE]
What about at port days?????
Just wondering if over all 7 days it is worth it?

[quote name='cadamson']I was just told we had to pay taxes on the whole package when we purchased by the carnival CS. How much did someone recently pay for cheers out of New Orleans?[/QUOTE]

that's not true unless something drastically changed, which i doubt. typically they will charge tax per drink while in port / regulated waters.

even if it were true or you don't want to pay the tax per drink, wait until the ship is in international waters and buy it then - no tax.

[quote name='falkcor']that's not true unless something drastically changed, which i doubt. typically they will charge tax per drink while in port / regulated waters.

even if it were true or you don't want to pay the tax per drink, wait until the ship is in international waters and buy it then - no tax.[/QUOTE]

That's what I asked...if she was talking about taxes you have to pay on drinks while in port and she said no. I was under the impression that the package was no tax until she said different.

We bought our 7 day as soon as I got on the ship, it was $402.00 a person. We did pay tax on drinks while in U.S. Ports. Anywhere from .30-50 a drink. Big deal in the long run. Yes, we reached our limit several times.

[quote name='conwebstorm']So can I get a bucket if I am at the pool??? Since 1 every 5 minutes I don't think I can???[/QUOTE]

I think it all depends on your relationship with the server a couple dollars tip goes a long ways :D:eek:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We had a group of 12 people, most of the group purchased the Cheers program. We were on the Dream. not one of those who purchased the Cheers program were denied purchase of drinks. We simply asked the bar tender to tell us when we were at the 14th drink and from there on we just bought our drinks until we knew we were going to quit and then allowed our 15th drink to be used on the program. We did not have any problems with this method at any part of the ship including the MDR

[quote name='falkcor']that's not true unless something drastically changed, which i doubt. typically they will charge tax per drink while in port / regulated waters.

even if it were true or you don't want to pay the tax per drink, wait until the ship is in international waters and buy it then - no tax.[/QUOTE]
Gratuity not Taxes....15%...I
was confused too.

My biggest thing is, has anyone ordered a drink that has not been included in the cheers prgram?

I purchased a Banana Daquiri with a floater. Unfortunately, I was denied this with the Cheers program. I heard proeviously that some bartenders would do this, and others would not. This particular BT would not allow it as it was two drinks at the same time. I'm more of a Kettle and cranberry and/or beer person anyway.