The Cheers program update

saphir

Okay I am trying not to be dense but I am very confused as to this-

Beverages included in the program are:

· All spirits (including our classic cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price.

· Sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

· 25% discount off the menu price for any spirits, beer or wine above $10.00 per drink.

· 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle.

Beverages excluded from the program are:

· Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

Non-alcoholic frozen cocktails are on the included and excluded part. Am I reading this wrong?

Okay I am trying not to be dense but I am very confused as to this-

Non-alcoholic frozen cocktails are on the included and excluded part. Am I reading this wrong?

You're just reading it wrong. It's included...

On the excluded list, it says non-alcoholic beverages OTHER THAN soda and non-alcoholic frozen drinks.

On the excluded list, it says non-alcoholic beverages OTHER THAN soda and non-alcoholic frozen drinks.

They are talking about water and specialty coffees.

Gotcha! Thank you! I would claim it is too early but it is 2 pm here so I can't use that excuse.

[quote name='bankonus']Just cruised last Saturday, June 1st. It was 49.95 x 7 days 349.65 plus 15% gratuity. We paid 402.10 total.[/quote]

Wow! Just doesn't seem like a great deal to me. We paid $44 per day + gratuity on Celebrity for a total of $354.20 for 7 days and it included bottled water and specialty coffees with no arbitrary "cut-off". And that was the "Classic" lower end package. And, they were pouring Grey Goose vodka for us. I mean, really, any bar on land or sea can and should cut you off if warranted. Why have this blanket 15 drink limit (and not include bottled water)? Edited by alreadypacked

[quote name='alreadypacked']Wow! Just doesn't seem like a great deal to me. We paid $44 per day + gratuity on Celebrity for a total of $354.20 for 7 days and it included bottled water and specialty coffees with no arbitrary "cut-off". And that was the "Classic" lower end package. And, they were pouring Grey Goose vodka for us. I mean, really, any bar on land or sea can and should cut you off if warranted. Why have this blanket 15 drink limit (and not include bottled water)?[/QUOTE]

Actually Celebrity has the best Beverage Package. Carnival should fit. I think that the price is too high for what it offers.

This is why I am even remotely considering this program for our cruise next April, if it is still offered at the time. Normally, I would never spend money on a drink that I was not sure if I liked or not. With this program, I can try different drinks without feeling the guilt of ordering a drink that expensive and not drinking it. I would never come close to drinking 15 a day but if I can have a mimosa with breakfast, and a few drinks during the day/evening and it would equal about the same as this program is per day, then it is worth it to me just to be able to try other drinks.

I have a question about Cheers and "Double" drinks. I like to get a double vodka sprite or a double jack and coke simply because it allows me to make less trips to the bar and to the bathroom. :D

If I recall, they are usually $14. If I buy the cheers, how does that work?

A. Does it use up two drinks?

B. ... or do they count the first $10 as one drink, and I pay $4 on my S&S card for the difference?

Anyone?

[quote name='mpscan']I have a question about Cheers and "Double" drinks. I like to get a double vodka sprite or a double jack and coke simply because it allows me to make less trips to the bar and to the bathroom. :D

If I recall, they are usually $14. If I buy the cheers, how does that work?

A. Does it use up two drinks?

B. ... or do they count the first $10 as one drink, and I pay $4 on my S&S card for the difference?

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Not completely sure but I think anything over $10 you get 25 percent off

You cant order doubles. You can order a second shot 5 minutes later and add it to your drink. You do receive 25% off of any drink over $10 but then none of that drink counts towards your cheers card, so effectively you aren't using your cheers card at all...just simply getting 25% off your doubles :) They won't split it up as your describe in B.

[quote name='dwightnwynonia']From what I understand they don't give out the souvenir glasses anymore

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app[/quote]

They never did give out souvenir glasses....always an upcharge for them. It's usually a couple dollars cheaper to get your DOD in a regular glass.

[quote name='justhavingfun']Do these count towards the 15 drink limit?[/quote]
No. They are included (as in allowed/free) with your cheers program but they (and soda) are not counted as one of your 15 drinks per day.

• 4 months later...
[quote name='snaquin05']I am in a room with my 15 year old. Am I allowed to purchase the cheers program with a minor in the room?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you will be allowed to purchase Cheers with a minor in your room. The real restriction is that everyone over 21 in the same room must purchase the program.

I'll be going out on the Dream in a week and am still really on the fence about the Cheers program. I mean, there may be days where I wouldn't come close to the 15 drink limit (port days), but on the days at sea, it is very possible that I would drink more than the 15 in that 24 hour period. Is this program saying that, if I buy the program, I am only allowed to drink 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period and NO MORE? In other words, once I reach 15, they won't even allow me to buy additional drinks the rest of that 24 hour period?

How does this work for people that aren't on the program? Is "big brother" watching their drink numbers too and cutting them off after 15 or can they drink as much as they want? If so, doesn't really seem fair.

I'm hoping the deal is that, after 15, you can still pay for additional drinks (as long as you aren't - or don't appear - intoxicated to the bartender).

Can anyone positively confirm the way this part of the program works? I called Carnival about this today, but got sort of a "the way I interpret it" kind of answer which sort of tells me that they weren't even really sure themselves.

Any help anyone can give (actual experience) would be great.

Cheers!
CruisinBri