Kennsington tours?

luv2cruise391

Has anyone used Kennsington Tours in Israel or more recently in Egypt? We will be on a 10 nt Holy land cruise on the Rotterdam Rt Athens and will have 2 days in Egypt as others are talking about and the 2 days in Israel. It is my understanding that they have just recently started doing tours in Egypt.

It is hard to really compare prices because they have given us a quote for the 4 days of tours total for a private tour for 5. I am also considering Ramses tours in Egypt and Guided Tours Israel. Both tour companies and Kennsington seem to have almost identical or plan what you want to do options that are very similar.

I had heard Kennsington was more upscale, but I would love to hear from anyone who may have used them before.

Thanks in advance for any info on them or the other tour companies.

Debbie in MS

Whatever you do, when you get a tour in Egypt, please, please be sure that the tour guide's English is good enough to be EASILY understood. We had 3 different private tours in Egypt, 2 of which were MUCH more easily understood than the one where we drove to Luxor. It was exceedingly difficult to understand our guide, as his English was not very great and his accent was very thick. Just because one says that he can speak English does not mean that you can understand it.

Consider hiring a private guide in Israel. With 5 people, you might find it cheaper than Guided Tours Israel, but the major advantage is that you can select your own guide and itinerary and have complete flexibility. We found that tour companies wanted us to take one of their "standard" tours and were less interested in our requested modifications. Furthermore, if you interview a number of guides in advance, you will find one that makes you comfortable. If you go with a tour company, you generally have little input into the guide.

We r probably going to use them in Israel and Ramses in Egypt.

We are doing a PRIVATE tour for a party of 5. I agree that we want a guide that we can understand, but not sure how to go about asking for that:)

I have been looking for guide names with these companies and with Ramses you can pick your own guide, but just seeing their inof on a website does not tell you about their accent:)

Archived