Would you give up Silhouette cabin 2110 for 2104

gonecroozin

On our last cruise we had 2108 and loved it, so I wanted to book a cabin in the same location again, ideally 2106.

However when I went to book everything was already booked apart from 2110, so I booked that.

Now 2104 has opened up , (sadly still not 2106).

Would you give up the larger balcony of 2110, its under even more shade than 2108.

2104 balcony is alot smaller, and still under the overhang, but perhaps a bit lighter and maybe catches a bit of sunshine.

Also with 2104 you have an aft and forward view I believe, whereas 2110 only aft.

Would love to hear opinions to help me make up my mind.

On our last cruise we had 2108 and loved it, so I wanted to book a cabin in the same location again, ideally 2106.

However when I went to book everything was already booked apart from 2110, so I booked that.

Now 2104 has opened up , (sadly still not 2106).

Would you give up the larger balcony of 2110, its under even more shade than 2108.

2104 balcony is alot smaller, and still under the overhang, but perhaps a bit lighter and maybe catches a bit of sunshine.

Also with 2104 you have an aft and forward view I believe, whereas 2110 only aft.

Would love to hear opinions to help me make up my mind.

I would do it. We don't like the deep shadiness of the cabins with the extra large balconies. We were on the flat part of the hump (8238) on our last cruise and just loved it--being able to look straight down and also both directions. I'm sure the majority here will disagree but I see exactly where you're coming from.

I would do it. We don't like the deep shadiness of the cabins with the extra large balconies. We were on the flat part of the hump (8238) on our last cruise and just loved it--being able to look straight down and also both directions. I'm sure the majority here will disagree but I see exactly where you're coming from.

Thank you for your quick reply CathyCruises, I have just changed from 2110 to 2104.

Since booking I have been unsure regarding the amount of overhang on 2110.

Although I know the balcony is smaller, I am looking forward to being able to see in both directions.

I have been looking at this cabin also, I didn't think there was an overhang. If you utube the cabin number some one has videoed it so you can look :)

which cruise is this cabin for?? I am on silhouette in July and would have loved that cabin, we are currently on 8130.

I have been looking at this cabin also, I didn't think there was an overhang. If you utube the cabin number some one has videoed it so you can look :)

which cruise is this cabin for?? I am on silhouette in July and would have loved that cabin, we are currently on 8130.

Thank you mayfieldlodge, I did find the video.

The cabin and balcony look wonderful. The balcony looks a fair bit smaller, although Celebrity told me it was exactly the same size.

I am on the 15/09/13 Adriatic cruise from Venice.

Cant wait!

Have a fabulous cruise!

Thank you mayfieldlodge, I did find the video.

The cabin and balcony look wonderful. The balcony looks a fair bit smaller, although Celebrity told me it was exactly the same size.

I am on the 15/09/13 Adriatic cruise from Venice.

Cant wait!

Have a fabulous cruise!

Did they say the balconies were the same size? As you noted in your OP they are not.

Below are two links from cruise critic. The first provides a description of the cabin 2104. The 2nd provides some pretty good pictures of the cabin/balcony. (It is for the Reflection, but it is the same).

I, personally, would not have made the change.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36432573&highlight=2104#post36432573

2102 and 2104

Edited by DocJohnB

Did they say the balconies were the same size? As you noted in your OP they are not.

Below are two links from cruise critic. The first provides a description of the cabin 2104. The 2nd provides some pretty good pictures of the cabin/balcony. (It is for the Reflection, but it is the same).

I, personally, would not have made the change.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36432573&highlight=2104#post36432573

2102 and 2104

Thank you for those links DocJohnB. The second one has some fabulous pics.

I know its crazy.

She insisted the balconies had the same area, although we all know they certainly do not!

I am curious to know why you wouldnt have changed?

Thank you for those links DocJohnB. The second one has some fabulous pics.

I know its crazy.

She insisted the balconies had the same area, although we all know they certainly do not!

I am curious to know why you wouldnt have changed?

This is just my own personal opinion, but I prefer the size of the balcony. It can provide some sun (depending on the time of day), but mostly shade. Sometimes on the smaller balconies the sun can be a bit unbearable and . . . . you either put up with it or move inside. I am not really a 'sun' person.

Secondly, your point regarding the ability to have a view both fore and aft is quite true, but to me it would not be an important factor as if I want, I can still see forward, just not straight ahead. (does that make sense). Just don't feel as though I would miss out on a lot (view).

Not to worry though, you still have made a good choice on an excellent cabin on a great ship.

• 1 month later...

quick note, Reflection cabin 2104 is forward right by the spa. On all other S class ships, such as Silhouette, it is on the hump (aft) by the pool deck. Also on Reflection it is an AQ cabin where on Silhouette it is C2. Thus, the reflection photos and reviews are not even close to the same cabin. Hope this helps.

We have cruised in rooms 2103, 2105, 2107 and 2109. Friends have had 2110. The hump balcony is our favorite up on deck 12. You will get a little more sun in rooms 2103 and 2104, but we are talking inches. We book 2 or 3 rooms side by side and open the dividers. For us it is all about location. We like the food up one floor and able to walk right out to the pool. Richard

Can you hear the noise from Café above ? We had S2 cabin 2121 and chair noise from above was a problem.

I have not heard any noise. Look at the deck map. Your in that area between the bathroom and the forward part of the Oceanview Café. We have only stayed in the rooms on the Port side. 2103, 2105, 2107 and 2109. It is nice to have a larger room, 2121 is not to far down. I also like the openness of the hall in the 1st 4 rooms. Richard

Edited by bigbenboys
add more info

• 2 months later...
would you rather be in 2107 or aft cabin? It's $300 more for aft (1409) but I am worried about the noise from above. thanks...

Hi Zubsin,

If we are talking about one of the first 4 S-Class ships, I'd go with 2107. I'm not a huge fan of the aft cabins, as it's a fairly decent walk to the aft of the ship. 2107 also has a larger veranda, which is a nice bonus.

I hope this helps !

Thanks Andy...I love aft cabins and don't mind the walk but DH likes to "see" stuff so I always try to find a larger balcony on the side. I'm worried about the noise from above. We've been on the "deck below" the cafe and it was noisy with chairs being moved. Donna

• 6 months later...

I'm booked in 2105 on silhouette this fall. Does anyone have pics of this cabin or balcony they care to share . Looks very private tucked into the aft of resort deck.

Thanks

Ken

Sent from my iPad using Forums