The Epic Truly is !!

jeffcar1

Ok this was a cruise my wife had alays wanted to gone on for her 50th Birthday , Myself really did not want to , Booked any way from Barcelona , Naples , Pisa , Marsellie , Palma .

Have to say was the best time ever !!

Great Food

Great Entertainment

Great Ship

Was concerned over Beer prices and was very surprised was going for the UBP package , but decided not to came out under the UBP price

Loved O Sheehans for breakfast

Manatten room excellent along with Taste

Embarkation was easy at each port

Did Sorrento and Pompieii on our own along with Rome

Used the Shuttle in Marseille

Question is are any of the other boats as good as the Epic ?

Converted Cruiser

The pools are not large , but on our trip not busy at all , we spent alot of time at Spice H20 ,

Over 18 area this had to jacuzzi areas and a pool ,

Not sure where we are going next is there a better boat than the Epic !

... ...Not sure where we are going next is there a better boat than the Epic !

There are many ships out there but the best ship of all is friendship :) !

Well, different cruise lines offers different services, and they try to cater to different types of cruisers.

Many cruisers have their favorite cruise line, even their favorite cruise ship. They become 'loyal' and in a way it is good for them, as loyality brings them some extra perks. The more they cruise with one line, the more special status they gain.

Still some others, like me, prefers to enjoy the variety and will not limit ourselves to experience the same thing over and over.

Your miles may vary.

The pools are not large , but on our trip not busy at all , we spent alot of time at Spice H20 ,

Over 18 area this had to jacuzzi areas and a pool ,

Not sure where we are going next is there a better boat than the Epic !

Thanks a lot for the info! Hope to hear from you again soon :D

There are many ships out there but the best ship of all is friendship :) !

Well, different cruise lines offers different services, and they try to cater to different types of cruisers.

Many cruisers have their favorite cruise line, even their favorite cruise ship. They become 'loyal' and in a way it is good for them, as loyality brings them some extra perks. The more they cruise with one line, the more special status they gain.

Still some others, like me, prefers to enjoy the variety and will not limit ourselves to experience the same thing over and over.

Your miles may vary.

NCL also offers loyalty program but I absolutely agree with you- enjoy the variety! Life is short!!!

Which Ship Next ??

Well as others have said there are many cruise lines out there. We (fellow Brits) are due to try our 1st NCL cruise on Epic this coming Summer. Previously have done 2 x Celebrity cruises, with a Thomson cruise sandwiched in between... in our view Celebrity is our clear favourite - no questions - Thomson got no where near it IMO ! Thought we would remain loyal to Celebrity but costs & itinerary this year sent us heading off to NCL. Not sure how we will fare by comparison - but hey - it's a cruise i.e a floating hotel / entertainment / eating / drinking galore with a different view every morning.... how can you think of any other kind of holiday ???

This will be our first time with NCL and we are doing the Epic in Nov. Can you explain alittle bit on how the Resturants are? Do they have a Main Dining room like Carnival has, and you have assigned seating?

There are two MDRs, the one in the aft of the ship being more formal than the one located midship. In addition to them, the fare included ("free") eating venues include O'Sheeans (pub food - burger, pot pie, fish and chips, chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, some salad, etc) and Garden Café (the buffet). No assigned seating available, you just go when you want and wait if there are no tables available - usually during prime time they give out buzzers and vouchers for sparkling wine for the waiting.

Ok this was a cruise my wife had alays wanted to gone on for her 50th Birthday , Myself really did not want to , Booked any way from Barcelona , Naples , Pisa , Marsellie , Palma .

Have to say was the best time ever !!

Great Food

Great Entertainment

Great Ship

Was concerned over Beer prices and was very surprised was going for the UBP package , but decided not to came out under the UBP price

Loved O Sheehans for breakfast

Manatten room excellent along with Taste

Embarkation was easy at each port

Did Sorrento and Pompieii on our own along with Rome

Used the Shuttle in Marseille

Question is are any of the other boats as good as the Epic ?

Converted Cruiser

Out of curiosity, what were your sailing dates? We were on that same itinerary out of Barcelona on June 2. Let's just say...our experience was not the same as yours. We won't be sailing NCL again. At some point I plan to get around to writing some reviews, but the mountains of laundry are still calling my name. LOL!

This will be our first time with NCL and we are doing the Epic in Nov. Can you explain alittle bit on how the Resturants are? Do they have a Main Dining room like Carnival has, and you have assigned seating?

do a search in the NCL forum area on "freestyle" to learn more about how NCL handles dining. The Epic has around 20 ways to get food, about 1/2 of them free and half of them costing extra money. There are several buffet-like areas, and several sit-down restaurants. The free dining rooms and restaurants don't take reservations. You show up when you want and get seated. The specialty restaurants take reservations, which you can do online 45 days in advance of your cruise, or once you get on board. Here's a similar thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752805

Archived