W Hotel Seattle

redrobin

Interested in hearing thoughts/reviews from anyone who has stayed here. Most common comments I've read to date are that it is pricey and halls are dark. If I can get a special rate and take a flashlight for the hallways :) , was wondering what else I can expect if I stay here. Was particularly wondering about the in house restaurant or if there are any other restaurants within walking distance. On a map it looks like this hotel is a little farther south than some of the other downtown hotels. Thanks!

The Seattle W is a fabulous property with an excellent restaurant, the Earth & Ocean, on-site. The hotel and restaurant are definitely pricey but no more so than you'd spend at any deluxe property. There are also many fine restaurants within easy walking distance.

Stayed there pre-cruise three weeks ago. A very cool hotel with a great atmosphere. If you can snag it for a good rate, go for it, but I don't think it's worth the $100 extra they were charging over the Westin or Sheraton that weekend. Didn't try the restaraunt but the walk to other ones was fine. The bar was hopping with local twentysomethings well into the evening.

Went directly to the Starwood site,they own W, Westin and Sheraton. they had a special buy 1,2,3 nites so on get one free. This got us 3 nites at the Westin for @$100 a nite, as good as priceline but I know were I am staying before buying.

it may just be us, but overall, I wasn't a fan of the W. The lobby was full of candles (but few lights), the halls were dark, and the rooms were in dark colors. But the room itself - particularly the bed - were great

I'm sure some people like it, but I still prefer Hyatt and Marriott (both of which, in this case, were considerably more expensive)

Parking is at a premium in Seattle but both cruise lots have parking available. Pier 66 (NCL, Celebrity) has indoor parking available within 2 blocks of the pier. Pier 30 has a large (700 vehicle, I believe) uncovered parking lot at the pier. There may be hotels that have parking but I would imagine it is pricey (pier 30 is $10 a day and can pay in advance).

Archived