Liberty of the Sea Med Cruise Review with photo's Hopefully !

Thanks Sue!

Yes, very much looking forward to Saturday night fever. We love going to the shows. Although I think we have seen in the air a couple of times. the ice show is always amazing.

Who did you have as your headliner act?

Also, any chance you can scan and post your compasses?

Sorry, I know I am being a pain.

Thanks!

Hi Maggie

I will have a go at scanning but it will have be during the week as I have people around for sunday lunch today. I don't remember a Headline act at all - maybe I missed it- there was a juggler on maybe that was it - ha ha

keep checking in and i will see what I can do

regards

sue

You did a great job for your first review. The humor was lovely and I loved the pictures. Your husband looked so cute in the hat. Thanks for the very entertaining review.

Really happy you liked it - I will have to book a cruise soon to do another one !

Hi Loved the review, fair play for taking the time. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

We are heading on Liberty in 2 weeks. You may know that they are doing a few stops where people start their holiday ie. Barcelona, Provence and Naples. We are embarking in Provence so this would have been day 2 for you, the Monday. I think you said that this was the first formal night is that right? did you notice that there were new fellow cruisers joining the cruise on this day or was it seamless. Also when was the second formal night? i'm guessing the day at sea ? I did read your review the other day but I have forgotten some of the info and I'm in work so don't have much time to write.

I love Liberty and this will be our 3rd time on her, I can't wait !

I think you mentioned a tender in Toulon, was their another way to get on the ship as our itinerary says it's docked not tendered? I wonder was the tender just to a particular area iykwim. Sorry if this sounds like a silly question.

Did you notice that others were staying on the ship after you had to disembark? I'm just wondering how RCI manage this multi start to people's holidays. Like the cruise compass usually has day 1, day 2 etc I wonder will we get confused, probably a silly question but it's on my mind.

Also the weather at the various Italian ports, how hot was it? We cruised in May last year and Naples was 24 degrees

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. I loved the fact that you shared your photos, it really adds the personal touch.

We are Irish so DH will be packing the teabag too!

Hi Loved the review, fair play for taking the time. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

We are heading on Liberty in 2 weeks. You may know that they are doing a few stops where people start their holiday ie. Barcelona, Provence and Naples. We are embarking in Provence so this would have been day 2 for you, the Monday. I think you said that this was the first formal night is that right? did you notice that there were new fellow cruisers joining the cruise on this day or was it seamless. Also when was the second formal night? i'm guessing the day at sea ? I did read your review the other day but I have forgotten some of the info and I'm in work so don't have much time to write.

I love Liberty and this will be our 3rd time on her, I can't wait !

I think you mentioned a tender in Toulon, was their another way to get on the ship as our itinerary says it's docked not tendered? I wonder was the tender just to a particular area iykwim. Sorry if this sounds like a silly question.

Did you notice that others were staying on the ship after you had to disembark? I'm just wondering how RCI manage this multi start to people's holidays. Like the cruise compass usually has day 1, day 2 etc I wonder will we get confused, probably a silly question but it's on my mind.

Also the weather at the various Italian ports, how hot was it? We cruised in May last year and Naples was 24 degrees

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. I loved the fact that you shared your photos, it really adds the personal touch.

We are Irish so DH will be packing the teabag too!

Hi I am so jealous I want to come with you !

We didn't notice many people join the ship at the other ports at all. There were one or two people with suit cases but I thought they might just be crew etc.

Formal nights are Monday - Toulon and Friday Naples.

As for the Tender in Toulon - we did dock but you dock across the bay from Toulon not actually in Toulon so they put on a boat to take you across the bay at the cost of $16

I think if you look on the port forum on here there is info about a local bus service that takes you around to Toulon

I didn't really notice if people were staying on in Barcelona when we got off but then again it was stupid o'clock in the morning so we were not really that awake !

I think when you go the weather will be pretty hot - we are off to Spain for 4 days next week and it is forecast at around 30 c !!

As we Joined and left at Barcelona our sea day was the last day but it won'[t be yours - oh how confusing !

The Cruise Compass don't had a day number just says "Monday then the date and Toulon, Provence

Have a great trip enjoy your Tea bags - and no question is a silly question - ask away ! x

Edited by crafty sue

Hi I am so jealous I want to come with you !

We didn't notice many people join the ship at the other ports at all. There were one or two people with suit cases but I thought they might just be crew etc.

Formal nights are Monday - Toulon and Friday Naples.

As for the Tender in Toulon - we did dock but you dock across the bay from Toulon not actually in Toulon so they put on a boat to take you across the bay at the cost of $16

I think if you look on the port forum on here there is info about a local bus service that takes you around to Toulon

I didn't really notice if people were staying on in Barcelona when we got off but then again it was stupid o'clock in the morning so we were not really that awake !

I think when you go the weather will be pretty hot - we are off to Spain for 4 days next week and it is forecast at around 30 c !!

As we Joined and left at Barcelona our sea day was the last day but it won'[t be yours - oh how confusing !

The Cruise Compass don't had a day number just says "Monday then the date and Toulon, Provence

Have a great trip enjoy your Tea bags - and no question is a silly question - ask away ! x

Thanks again for the review we are also leaving in a couple weeks and I am still puzzled about Toulon - where the ship docks (across the bay) is there anything to do or are you forced to pay $16 for the transport?

Thanks again for the review we are also leaving in a couple weeks and I am still puzzled about Toulon - where the ship docks (across the bay) is there anything to do or are you forced to pay $16 for the transport?

Hi yes it is confusing there are other ways to get across the bay other than the tender booked by RC - this is a great link to look at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1226994

they have all the info about the port - you can get a bus but it doesn't take you straight into Toulon - or you could get a cab - but the tender is much more fun

hope this helps

Was Kirk Marsh juggler and comedian on your sailing? We saw him this year on the Splendour and if he is on the Liberty next month we would definately go and see him again

Was Kirk Marsh juggler and comedian on your sailing? We saw him this year on the Splendour and if he is on the Liberty next month we would definately go and see him again

There was a Juggler on but we didn't go see him - sorry cannot remember his name - he was juggling chairs and stuff ! - saw a bit of it on the tv they re show the shows the next day on one of the channels

We did see the new James Bond film Skyfall and some of a film about Snow white but it was a new version - but i am not really up on movies so don't know the name of it

There was a Juggler on but we didn't go see him - sorry cannot remember his name - he was juggling chairs and stuff ! - saw a bit of it on the tv they re show the shows the next day on one of the channels

We did see the new James Bond film Skyfall and some of a film about Snow white but it was a new version - but i am not really up on movies so don't know the name of it[/quote

No problem. Thanks for your reply anyway, perhaps when you manage to post your compasses I can take a better look, but thanks for now.

Milena knight, you will have a fab time. We have been on liberty a few times and our son had a ball. There is lots for them to do, they even organised a half hour on battery powered bikes & cars.

There are Cruise Compasses posted here for Liberty Med Cruise now: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1863848

thanks for doing this - just got back from a quick trip to Malaga hoping my Scanner was sorted but it wasn't - so really pleased somebody has managed to do it. Any questions though happy to answer.

anybody going to the Med in the next week or so it is very hot average 30c !

enjoy