June 2, 2013 Valor with FTTF

bunchesofun

I am Joyce (58) and I traveled with my husband Danny, (54) and daughter Irina (13) on the Carnival Valor leaving June 2, 2013 from San Juan Puerto Rico. This is our third cruise with Carnival having cruised twice on the Pride from Baltimore.

Day 1

Dayton

Left about 6PM from home and drove to the Super 8 motel in Vandalia. Very worn, but clean. Can’t really expect more than that for $47.00 a night.

Day 2

Dayton-San Juan

Got up at 4:00 AM to catch our 6:55AM flight. Stopped by the nearby McDonald’s and ate in the car at the long term parking lot. Checked in at US Airways, things went very smoothly the entire way. Change of planes in Charlotte NC and on to Puerto Rico. Funnily enough, in the Dayton airport we ran into the owners of our local bowling alley. They too were on their was to San Juan. It’s a small world.

Arrived on time in San Juan at 1:30, baggage claim, then taxi to the hotel. After picking up your bags the exit leads you directly to a Taxi kiosk and they direct you to a taxi. Off we went. We felt like we’d been in the Indy 500 by the time we got to the hotel. Wow. Embassy suites is a short drive from the airport. The taxi driver charged $17 and had 5 bags total including backpacks.

Arrived at the hotel at around 2:30. Proceeded to front desk and we were told that our room would not be ready until 4PM. She offered to have our bags kept for us while we waited. We wandered off and found a place to sit outside the Outback Steakhouse which was closed. Thankfully dd had her Nintendo DS and Gameboy, and I brought the Kindle so Danny could play video poker to pass the time. I had to go back to the desk for the password to get signed into the internet and the fellow asked me if I’d been given a key. I told him no. He said he could give us a key that would open the business center and the pool area if we wanted to wait there. We ended up just sitting in the lobby until 4. Got back in the line to get our room keys and she handed them to us with no instructions as to where our room was located. We gave her the claim check for the bags and waited. And waited. For over 15 minutes we waited until finally we snagged a porter and he got the claim tag from her and got our bags. We had to ask him how to find our room. The hotel has a manager’s reception every night with free bar drinks and pop for the children. Also popcorn. They also have breakfast buffet with hot entrées and a cook to order omelet station. Unfortunately you have to wear a wrist band to prove you are a hotel guest.

Our room is on the 7th floor. Fairly quiet. Not far from the elevator. It is a two room suite consisting of a sitting room with sofa bed, large table with three chairs, television, another chair and nightstand with lamp. The second room has a king bed, two nightstands with lamps, and television. Nice large bathroom. By this time we remembered that we had paid for two $50 food vouchers and did not receive them, so after a phone call, being transferred here and there because no one knew what we were talking about, we ended up going back down to the desk to collect them before suppertime, then on to the Latin café.

Since this was sort of lunch/supper combined Danny and I opted for their hamburgers, and Irina got the Chicken Mofungo. She ate a bit of it then helped me eat the huge plate of fries. If we do this again I’m getting one hamburger fries order for the two of us as it was really too much food for one.

The manager’s reception is from 5:30 to 7:00 so we wandered over and got in line for our drinks. Danny had Jack and coke, and I had the rum punch. The line was long, but they do let you get two at a time!

Back to the room and relaxing after being up since 4AM. Danny and Irina watched TV and played on the computer and game boy while I lay down for a nap which lasted till 9:30 when our son called to tell us the house was still standing! Thanks for that confidence building comment, John.

DSCN0350_zpsade43729.jpg

DSCN0351_zps35add6ff.jpg

DSCN0352_zps87176c60.jpg

Day 3

San Juan

Up at 8AM, out of the room by 9 for buffet hot breakfast. There was a good selection, scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, potatoes, French toast, fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal, donuts, then coffee or orange juice. They also have a cook to order omelet area. Surprisingly found a table straight away.

Back to the room to await the call from East Island Excursions to confirm the pickup time for our BioBay tour. She told me on the phone yesterday, somewhere between 3:45 and 4:00 in front of the hotel, but she would call today to confirm the time.

Confirmed that they would be picking us up at 3:40 PM. Had lunch at the Patio grill again. This time Irina and I shared a cheeseburger and fries as the order was so large. Went back to the room and watched a couple of hours of the history channel about the Titanic! Not sure that is the greatest thing to watch before getting on a ship though.

Headed down to wait for our ride and they were on time. However after we boarded the shuttle we had to wait for around 5 minutes for another couple who were late. Picked up at two more hotels before heading out. It was around an hour drive to the dock where our catamaran was waiting.

DSCN0355_zpse8ff7aaa.jpg

DSCN0356_zps17f6a138.jpg

Got checked in and another ½ hour wait then we boarded the boat. The booze was flowing freely on this ride and it’s a good thing too as this was a wild ride! The boat was going up and down and side to side and frankly I was a bit frightened. Maybe it was watching all the Titanaic stuff! It was about an hour ride to Viquennes where they split us into two groups. Those who were eating first, and those who were going to the bay first. We were in the first group. So it was back in a shuttle and on to the restaurant. It was a nice restaurant with an outdoor covered patio. It was lovely sitting outside with a light breeze blowing. I had steak fajitas, Danny had chicken quesadilla, and Irina had a cheeseburger. It was yummy.

DSCN0357_zps14a7c923.jpg

After the meal was over they showed us a short video about the bay and the organisms that create the glow in the water. By the time the video was over our bus had arrived. They loaded us into an old yellow school bus for the ride to the bay and our boat. To say the road is in bad shape is an understatement! We pitched side to side violently almost the entire way once we had gotten to the dirt entrance road. By now it was dark out. We followed our guides to the boat in the dark, walked a narrow ramp to board and then we were ready to go. My camera would not capture the glow and there were no lights aboard the boat to change settings on the camera, so I did not get any pictures. At one point they brought a couple of buckets of water aboard so you could put your hands into the water and make the water glow. Irina cupped her hands and got a hand full of water and you could see the creatures lighting up in her hands. It was beautiful. I’m not really sure how long we were on the water, but eventually it was time to leave. So the process was reversed. Onto the yellow bus, to the dock, wild ride back in the dark, more rum punch! Shuttle to the hotel. We were back to the hotel around midnight. Tired but happy.

Day 4

San Juan Embarkation Day

I’m up at 6 o’clock. Woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep so working on this review. Everyone else sleeping soundly. Alarm set for 8 o’clock.

Got everyone up at 8 and headed down to breakfast by 9. Back in the room for 10 and headed out to the ship at 10:30. Caught a taxi outside the hotel and asked her to stop somewhere where we could buy some pop and batteries. She stopped at a Super Max grocery store where we got 3-8 packs of pop and two sets of two batteries for $13.00. The drop you off right in front of the terminal there were about 15 people in line before us where we had to stop and show passports and boarding pass.

As we proceeded there was a sign check-in to the right and Priority and Faster to the Fun check - in upstairs. We decided at the last moment to purchase FTTF so headed upstairs. There was only one party in front of us at check in. We were given a priority boarding pass and sat down in a small waiting area with other FTTF and Priority. They announced that they would board Priority first then FTTF then general boarding. At 12 noon a woman from Carnival pointed to another Roll Call member, and to ourselves, and another couple and told us to head towards the ship! We walked past the duty free and up on walkway to the ship where they took our S&S cards and took our photo. We were the third, fourth and fifth people aboard even before Priority. I couldn’t believe it. So we were on board by 12:15.

Went to Guest Services and got holes punched in our cards so we could put them on lanyards, and put a limit on Irina’s card, then decided to see if FTTF had paid off, if our room was ready but discovered that the purser had punched the holes in our card on the end that you put into the door! So had to go back and have them re-punch them on the opposite corner. Back to the cabin and not only was our room ready, our bags were there and waiting for us. Unpacked then Irina and I went to find the Circle C club and the Web. This ship is frustrating! You can’t go aft to stern on every deck only certain decks. After trying twice to get to Circle C and the web, we took a short cut through the Lincoln dining room to get to the Web. Then back to the room. After a while, headed up to the Lido for some lunch about 1:30. The have a burrito bar where they make them to order so that’s what Dan and I had. Irina had, no surprise, Pizza. They finally came round and we got our Funship Specials. From there Danny and Irina headed to the arcade for some air hockey and I went back to the room for a nap.

Our cabin, number 8450, seems small because on the Pride we had gotten the Premium Balcony which is larger. However our balcony is double deep and 4’ wider than the other balconies. It has three chairs, two loungers and a table.

DSCN0359_zps731c0697.jpg

DSCN0360_zps11605084.jpg

DSCN0362_zps4953ef13.jpg

At 6:45 headed to the Lido for our roll call’s meet and greet. Got to finally meet all the people I’ve been chatting with for 6 months. After that headed to the Washington dining room for some supper. We are YTD which means we will be eating in the Lincoln dining room so just thought we’d eat at the Washington since it was open seating.

Hung out in the room until near muster then went to Winston’s Cigar bar to wait until they called it. By the time we got there they were three deep so didn’t have to wait too long until they started. At first they repeated everything in Spanish, but for the longest part of the description, they didn’t repeat which we thought was weird.

Afterwards I went back to the room while Danny took Irina to the Circle C club to register her and let her stay there till 1AM. And as we are protective parents, we went back for her at 1. Just recently I saw on the news about a little girl who was assaulted on a cruise ship, (NOT Carnival) in an elevator, by a crew member. So we choose not to let her wander. The only place she is allowed on her own is to the Pizza Pirate as it is one deck up from us. And that is done reluctantly. She is 13. When we got back to the room, they’d turned back the sheets, and left us a towel manta ray.

DSCN0363_zps882899ff.jpg

Day 5

St. Thomas, American Virgin Islands

Woke about 5 and looked outside and we were cruising. Woke at 6:30 and we were docked.

DSCN0364_zps4219067a.jpg

Which was weird because periodically I could feel a strong vibration, I mean the walls shook! So I of course thought we were still cruising, but we weren’t. Looking outside our cabin I can see Senor Frogs. Last cruise Danny got blasted on one yard long, Long Island Iced Tea. I told him, only regular sized drinks this time.

We ordered room service for this morning. Our St John’s Bay snorkeling trip meets at 10 on the dock, so we are up at 7.

We meet outside the ship and walk a short distance to the ferry that will take us to St. John and Trunk’s Bay. It takes about 45 minutes to get there and the water is a little rough. At the other end we get in large taxi/buses to take us to the beach. It’s a windy road up the mountain and down the other side.

At the beach they issue us with snorkel gear and we walked a short walk to the beach. It was a very fine white sand and the water was blue, but crystal clear. Dead calm which is good because I’ve heard in the past the water here can be rough. We spent about an hour and a half at the beach before heading back to St. Thomas. The beach has a stand to rent a chair for $7 plus $25 deposit. There is also a snack bar and lockers available.

101_0126_zps6134615d.jpg

101_0129_zps8f735f25.jpg

Bought a couple of shirts at the shops across from the ship then stopped for a hamburger at the Grill on the Lido deck. Back to the room and we all took a long nap.

Our first night in the Lincoln dining room and Danny and I had the Farfalle and Irina had, you guessed it, pizza. Had a Kiss on the Lips with supper. Back to the room for a fairly early night. Had a towel dog?

DSCN0366_zps316b3e87.jpg

Day 6

Sea Day

Late morning, didn’t wake up until 8:30. Headed to the dining room at around 10 and had brunch. Used our VIPF drink coupons. Had a Kiss On The Lips with my brunch. Hey what’s the difference between that and Orange Juice? J

Lazy day.

At 8 took Irina to get pizza for her supper, then dropped her off at One Small Step for a Circle C activity. Elegant night.

101_0147_zps5af5c7e3.jpg

There was a long line for the Lincoln dining room Your Time Dining and they were giving out pagers. When we got to the desk they asked if we wanted a table or would share, and we said share. We had gotten to talking with a man in the long line and ended up being seating with him and his wife at a shared table. His name was Wayne and he used to play football in the 80’s with the Oakland Raiders. Had a very enjoyable conversation with them. Danny and I both had the prime rib and it was delicious. Had almost the same towel animal as last night Picked up Irina at 1AM from Circle C club. They took the kids to see the stage show tonight. .

DSCN0367_zps7ae9dd43.jpg

Chrome and photobucket have stopped talking so can not post any more of the review until they do.

Day 7

Barbados

Up at 6:45 AM Breakfast at 7:15, room service. Had to be down on the dock at 8:30 for our “Fun In The Sun” excursion to the beach. Our tour left at 8:30. I chose the early one as did not want to be out in the sun during the hottest part of the day.

We were ready to go downstairs but last port they announced when passengers were clear to disembark, but today they didn’t make any announcement. If we had waited for it we would have missed our excursion.

The bus took us across town to the beach where there were loungers and umbrellas set up. The water was somewhat rough with breakers hitting the beach. The good news was that it was shallow a long way out. Got a free rum punch with cinnamon on top.

101_0150_zps3b119d98.jpg

101_0159_zpsd6365496.jpg

Picked us up at 12:15 and back to the ship. Stopped and had lunch on the Lido. Tried the Mongolian Wok. Wouldn’t wait in line for it again, it had basically no flavor. You pick your vegetables and then choose your meat and sauce and they cook it to order for you. I chose the black bean sauce and some soy sauce but it still was not very flavorful.

Rested the rest of the afternoon.

Went to the dining room around 6:30 so Irina would have time for her Circle C activities. Had the pork. Back to the cabin to relax until 1am when it’s time to pick up Irina. Steward waited until 9:30 to do the turn down and we were in the room already so she just handed us the FunTimes and chocolates.

Day 8

St. Lucia

Up a little later at 8 o’clock, room service breakfast at 8:45. Our Segway excursion starts at 10:30. We meet outside the terminal building and proceed to busses to take us to the location. There are two buses. On our bus will go to the beach first, the other the Segways first. They take us to a lovely beach. There are loungers and we find a shady spot. The water is very calm and we spend time in the water. We are here until 12:45PM. In the meantime they come round with fresh grapefruit, coconut and mango for us to taste.

101_0173_zps53659335.jpg

101_0174_zps26f36229.jpg

After we get back on our bus he divides us again into two groups. One will do the Safari ride first, the other’s the Segways first. We are in the Safari group. However we are all given a lesson in Segway riding before we board open top transport jeeps and travel around the island on some remote roads and go to the top of a hill for a beautiful view of the island. It’s a rough trip which is why they say no one pregnant or with back problems may take the tour.

101_0191_zps1f74ddd0.jpg

On to the Segways! Helmets on and we step gently onto our machines. Most of us rock a little bit front and back as we try to balance. Segway riding is based on your balance. When you lean forward you go forward. When you lean back you slow down, stop and can reverse. To turn you lean your hands left or right. It has a zero turning radius. We go in a big circle a few times to get ready and then we are off! We go down remote trails some of which are beautifully surrounded by trees overhanging the path. I don’t know how long we rode, needed two hands on the Segway.

101_0211_zpsa3e90805.jpg

101_0214_zpsb271cbf8.jpg

101_0220_zps576f76f4.jpg

We go back to the central meeting point where we had our initial instructions and are then driven back to the ship. It is about 4pm when we get back, about an hour later than the brochure indicated.

We are starving so go for a little pizza, but plan on eating supper when the dining room opens once again for Irina to get to her activities on time. Got my whale tail cup at the Lido tonight. I’d been wanting one of those for a souvenir Tonight is the second Elegant Night. We get dressed up and head down to the dining room.

A little confusion about which direction the line formed outside the dining room but it sorted itself out. We are seated at the same table as last night. Tonight Danny gets the Escargot that he’s been waiting for. I have Chateaubriand and it is really great. The chocolate cake is too rich for me and I don’t finish it.

Back to the cabin for about an hour then Irina off to her activities again and an evening napping as we were so exhausted from the Segway tour. Once again the steward comes late and we get handed the FunTimes and chocolate. Two nights without towel animals. 1AM pick up Irina from Circle C and a trip to Pizza Pirate, then time for bed!

Day 9

St. Kitts

101_0244_zps2525d80f.jpg

Got up at 9AM as our tour doesn’t leave until 12:30. The Brimstone Hill tour. Hoping it is not too much walking for us as we don’t do well with a lot of walking. It’s supposed to be rated as “Easy” so hopeful. Room service of cereal and coffee then just hung out until time to walk down to the pier at 12. Just before we left the ship we suddenly smelled propane gas in our cabin. As we left we could smell it all over the ship, they finally announced that it was coming from another ship that was docked in the port. We kept praying no one stopped to light a cigarette!

Went down to the pier and checked in with the worker. At 12:30 she called us to the front of the line as we had been there first. We got in a large van 14 seater and off we went. First we drove around town and she pointed out significant buildings such as the Parliament building and the police headquarters, then we continued on to the botanical gardens and batik “factory”. We saw a demonstration on how batik is made.

101_0287_zps78c236ac.jpg

101_0306_zpsd9d2b206.jpg

We saw trees covered with birds.

101_0271_zps46923683.jpg

Then we continued to the Brimstone Fort. It is a massive structure that took 104 years to build. On the way back to the ship we stopped at an outlook and saw a beautiful view from there. There were people with little monkeys that you could, for a price, have your photo taken with. We declined.

101_0321_zps1567ea7f.jpg

On to the ship.

101_0262_zps19bde185.jpg

Went directly upstairs for a late lunch as we were starving. Only thing open was the deli and the grille. Had hamburgers and fries.

Yesterday Irina had accidentally got some pizza sauce on her top sheet. We of course thought they’d change it for her. Well we came back to the room and found her shirt (which had been left in a bunch) neatly folded on the bed, covering the stain!

Hung out in the room till Irina left for her Circle C activities then went to late supper around 9:15. Then our first casino night. I played the poker slots and the woman next to me hit the large jackpot. I lost $40, Dan lost $100 and then it was time to meet Irina at 1. Once again no towel animal.

Day 4

Our cabin, number 8450, seems small because on the Pride we had gotten the Premium Balcony which is larger. However our balcony is double deep and 4’ wider than the other balconies. It has three chairs, two loungers and a table.

DSCN0359_zps731c0697.jpg

Thanks for the pics. We are staying on in this same type, same floor and all so the pics are Really helpful!

Day 10

St. Maarten

The thrusters getting us into position at the dock in St. Maarten woke me up at around 6:30 this morning. There is a bad vibration when they do. I mean shaking the bed bad vibration.

Had our room service breakfast, then got ready. Headed to the pier to meet our group. We exited the ship and were looking for our excursion group and got nearly the entire way down the pier. Stopped a shuttle driver and asked him where they meet and he said he’d take us back to them. Apparently when we exited the ship they weren’t in position yet which is how we missed them. They had us walk by 2’s down the pier to the bus. We sat for a while as after giving their tickets two people wandered off and never came back. So we finally left without them!

Drove around the island having points of interest pointed out to us until we arrived an hour later at the excursion boat. We were then given an hour and a half to do shopping, needing to be back on board by noon. We then set sail for a cruise around the bay.

101_0425_zpsf538ee4c.jpg

101_0427_zps63b641bf.jpg

101_0444_zpsde8efbfa.jpg

101_0459_zpse132ef37.jpg

101_0477_zpsff390f9e.jpg

The water is a beautiful blue color and clear. Lots of pleasure crafts in the water. Free rum punch, beer and pop and many took too much advantage of it! The bus met us in a different place than where it left us and we drove back to the pier.

On board and headed for the Lido to finally try some Fish and Chips. It was good but a little greasy. They are only open from noon until 3:30 so this was the first day that we were really ready for lunch when they were actually open.

Got back to the room and found our zone 12 tags. We bought Faster to the Fun so should have had priority tags. Called the helpline and she said “they have been delivered in an envelope with a letter last night”. I told her no, the steward knocked and asked if we needed anything, and left us the Funtimes only. So she had to send over an envelope with the tags. The steward didn’t knock on the door, but only slipped them under the door.

Rested for a while and Irina was able to go for the 4 o’clock Circle C activities. She’d missed them the past two days due to our excursions getting us back late.

Supper in the dining room, had the most tender prime rib, and had chocolate melting cake for the first time on the cruise. Only ate about 1/3 of it as it is so rich. Irina off for the last night of Circle C and final get together.

On to the casino. Charged enough for traveling money, played slots on it for an hour and ended up with the same amount I downloaded. Cashed out and we’re set for the journey home. It’s easy as described on Cruise Critic. Put card in slot machine, push to transfer money from s&s card to players bank. Asks for birth date and pin, and you are set to play. When I was done I pushed another button having to do with cashing out, then removed card and went to the cashier. Danny played some cash in the slots and wanted to cash out and we waited and waited until I found a casino person who had to write up a big slip, open the front of the machine and record it, then get the slip and go to the cashier. What a pain.

Bags packed and outside the door. Heard them taken. Dan asked me what time breakfast was and where we were supposed to wait and I realized I’d picked up all the papers and put them in the suitcase. So had to call priority line and ask where the Betsy Ross room was as the letter was packed. Hopefully we haven’t packed anything we will need in the morning.

101_0500_zps7975c551.jpg

Thank you for the informative review!! We live in Dayton but have to take a later flight the day before the cruise as DH has to work Friday night before we leave.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Day 11

San Juan-Dayton

Last night's towel animal! The incredible VaJayJay.

101_0502_zps2e790bfa.jpg

101_0503_zps29501d01.jpg

101_0507_zps07c86184.jpg

Up at 6:00. Going to be a long day. Had breakfast in the Washington, got our stuff from our cabin and headed downstairs. Priority had already been dismissed so we tagged along after, not too much of a crush. In the meantime got a call from our son that there was a bat flying around our bedroom! Apparently he opened the windows for ventilation and it flew in. Before we left the ship he caught it and removed it. Got a porter and collected our suitcases then waited in line for immigration. It was so easy. Got a cab outside the terminal and on our way to the airport. Another wild ride as the seats bolts were loose and the seat rocked back and forth as we turned. And the taxi’s steering wheel had about 2” of free play in it so we were bouncing back and forth!

Had quite a wait as our plane didn’t leave until 2:30. For some reason, going through security, something showed up on my scan so I got the “Personal” touch from TSA and had to go into the little booth with two female security agents for a pat down. They cleared us and we were off to our terminal. Did a lot of people watching. What are some people thinking of when they dress themselves for travel?

Got on board the flight on time, but had to go back to the gate as someone was sick and we ended up arriving in Charlotte an hour late. Good news and bad news. Bad because we didn’t get the real food supper we wanted, but good because we didn’t have to wait two hours for our next flight.

Flight number. two was on time and we arrived in Dayton at 10:00. Bags were the first off the baggage carrousel and caught the shuttle to the economy lot. Found our car quickly, however when we turned the key it cranked over VERY slowly before it caught. Oh no. Stopped on the way home for a coffee and it very nearly didn’t start again, but finally did.

Now we are home and getting used to being on dry land again. Irina just came and hugged me and said “We’re home!”. I asked her didn’t she have a good time and she said yes, but she’s glad to be back in her own bed.

Thoughts about the Valor:

Still don’t like having to go to Deck 5 to get anywhere. Décor is nice.

Cabin 8450: Room is showing a little wear. There was a gouge out of the vanity and the toilet is permanently stained. When docking there is a lot of vibration, enough to wake you up.

Our room steward: Not impressed at all. The first time I’ve had a complaint about a room steward. She never introduced herself to us. She managed to always come to do the room when we were there, no matter how late, 9:30 etc so she would just hand us the Fun times and not do a turn down or animals. Twice she did the same animal as she reused the previous night. One night Irina got a stain on the top sheet from pizza, and that night they had folded her crumpled t-shirt and put it on top of the stain! So needless to say she did not get an extra tip.

Faster to the Fun:

Well worth the extra $50. We were the third, fourth and fifth people on the ship. We got picked to board before priority. Maybe that’s because it was the first time they did FTTF on the Valor. They announced that they would board Platinum first, then Faster to the Fun. But then the girl came out and pointed to another FTTF couple and ourselves to follow her and we did. Our cabin was ready and our luggage inside when we boarded. That was really nice.

Ports: Really enjoyed the Bio Bay tour (in motorboat) in San Juan. That is really something to see. Danny was convinced to begin with that it was a con, that it was lights under the boat. Until the captain poured the water on the deck and the deck glowed.

St. Lucia: Segway tour. Well worth the money. We had a blast. They are a little tricky to get used to. They kept talking about your center of gravity. However being overweight, my center of gravity is different so had a little bit more trouble staying centered on it. But adapted in the end and really enjoyed it. On the Safari portion they had seat belts in the Safari wagon, however none were big enough to go around me so I just had to hang on for dear life!

Haven't read it yet but just squealed with excitement at another Valor review!!! Thank you!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I know how I love reading reviews before I sail. This time I wrote some on it every day so I wouldn't forget!

There were some more photos I would have posted but I didn't realize you were limited to 6 photos per post. Next time I'll write the port on a piece of paper and photograph it before I start taking pictures at that port. Sometimes it's hard to remember where a specific photo was taken.

There were some more photos I would have posted but I didn't realize you were limited to 6 photos per post. Next time I'll write the port on a piece of paper and photograph it before I start taking pictures at that port. Sometimes it's hard to remember where a specific photo was taken.

I always take a picture of the front of my funtimes before heading out for the day. Makes it easier to keep track of port pictures

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are cruising on the Valor July 7th!!! So happy to read your thoughts on the FTTF since we purchased it. You're the second person from the June 2nd cruise to say it was well worth the money! We are also staying at the Embassy Suites. Sorry you had a few issues. I'm hoping that we don't have to experience the same for our pre-cruise stay of 1 night. Thanks again. Really enjoyed reading about your adventure!!!

Thanks for the review, we sail next March and did this trip a few years ago.

What time did you get off the ship and arrive at the airport?

have a great day.

:cool:

We left later than we could have at around 9:30 and it's a short trip to the airport. I know we were at the airport by 10:00. With the FTTF we could have gotten off the ship earlier, but our flight wasn't until 2:30 so no rush. We did a lot of people watching at the airport. :)

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are cruising on the Valor July 7th!!! So happy to read your thoughts on the FTTF since we purchased it. You're the second person from the June 2nd cruise to say it was well worth the money! We are also staying at the Embassy Suites. Sorry you had a few issues. I'm hoping that we don't have to experience the same for our pre-cruise stay of 1 night. Thanks again. Really enjoyed reading about your adventure!!!

Embassy Suites do state that check in time is 4PM. So we weren't too upset about that as that's the policy. We were just concerned that for instance hadn't told us how to get to our room, or give us our meal vouchers. That and waiting to get our luggage back. Apart from those things we really enjoyed our time there. The suite really spoiled us. It was great having two rooms as I would go to bed early and Dan and Irina would stay up and watch tv in the other room.

And yes, FTTF was worth the $50 just to have our room ready complete with bags at noon. We were able to unpack then wander around not having to worry about luggage.

Archived