Standard vs Extended Balcony

ChuckLL

For the majority of cabins the difference is 20 sq. ft. Standard balconies are 40 sq. ft. (10' X 4') and extended balcs are 60 sq. ft. (10' X 6'). There are some exceptions. You can usually tell which are exceptions by looking at the deck plans.

Depends if it is an aft, aft wraparound, suite or reg balcony.. what ship and cat cabin are you looking at???

Wow Irishnewfie, I am impressed.! :)

You are getting so knowledgable...

I still learning aft and starboard... LOL

:) :) :)

Wow Irishnewfie' date=' I am impressed.! :)

You are getting so knowledgable...

I still learning aft and starboard... LOL

:) :) :)[/quote']

LOL well I have booked my 2nd cruise already and have not been on the 1st yet so I think I am hooked already.. have a CAT11 for the 1st cruise and CAT9A for the 2nd.. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread but ya what Heidi said :)

The subjective difference to me is huge. The extra 20SF makes a big difference. We've had extended and standard balconies on the Pride, sister ship to the Miracle.

1. The doors on Spirit class ships swing out, not slide. The extra 2 feet makes a difference.

2. You can sit in the chaise lounge facing the water w/o scrunching up.

The only reason I would take a standard balcony over an extended balcony would be if the extended balcony was on Panorama deck. Unless you like constant noise above you, avoid like the plague!

Since Spirit class vessels are so well designed, its actually better to say where to avoid. That's why my last post said to avoid cabins on Panorama deck...mid to aft to be more specific. Panorama deck is BELOW the Lido deck on Spirit Class vessels, not above like Conquest class vessels. Midship and aft there is ALOT of activity on the Lido deck and Panorama cabins are very noisy all day and night because of cleaning activities.

Because Spirit class vessels have only one main restaurant aft and most of the public spaces are on Promenade and Atlantic deck, most of the noisy stuff is not on decks shared with cabins. Plus, if you're on the lowest passenger deck (Riviera) you don't have to go up to go forward like on Conquest class ships.

Sorry to be so lengthy, but I guess the best deck depends on whether you want inside, outside, balcony, extended balcony or suite. I just say avoid Panorama. YMMV

We ended up on deck 8 on the Miracle from an 8A Gty. I think I heard noise from upstairs 5 times the whole week. I also loved the location, as I only needed to walk up one flight of stairs to get to the daytime action.

Since Spirit class vessels are so well designed, its actually better to say where to avoid. That's why my last post said to avoid cabins on Panorama deck...mid to aft to be more specific. Panorama deck is BELOW the Lido deck on Spirit Class vessels, not above like Conquest class vessels. Midship and aft there is ALOT of activity on the Lido deck and Panorama cabins are very noisy all day and night because of cleaning activities.

Because Spirit class vessels have only one main restaurant aft and most of the public spaces are on Promenade and Atlantic deck, most of the noisy stuff is not on decks shared with cabins. Plus, if you're on the lowest passenger deck (Riviera) you don't have to go up to go forward like on Conquest class ships.

Sorry to be so lengthy, but I guess the best deck depends on whether you want inside, outside, balcony, extended balcony or suite. I just say avoid Panorama. YMMV

Nice break down thank you!!!!

I have never been on the Spirit Calss...yet...lol

We ended up on deck 8 on the Miracle from an 8A Gty. I think I heard noise from upstairs 5 times the whole week. I also loved the location, as I only needed to walk up one flight of stairs to get to the daytime action.

Not to mention the buffets!

Archived