Best camera for snorkeling

Yoyo123

Give a look at the pentax wg-3. Very sturdy/great 'drop' rating, excellent depth rating, fast shutter speed, great photo quality.

Can even get it with GPS tag for your photos.

I second the pentax vote. I really like it's durability, the clarity of the pics and it's reasonably priced.

Olympus TG-2. Fast shutter, good optics and rugged as all heck.

Although I haven't used it personally. My intention is to get this camera for my future use. All independent reviews (CNET, PCmag etc...)recommend this as the top underwater camera for it's picture quality, physical quality of camera build, fast shutter and best performance at high ISO (important underwater due to low light possibility).

I haven't yet found anyone that actually reviews and compares cameras professionally that recommends something over the Olympus TG-2 iHS.

It's not the cheapest, but it is the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Panasonic Lumix TS-4 (I think is the latest version). I love the pictures it takes, it has GPS and a clock so you can check how long you've been out there. I lose time when I'm snorkeling.

Although I haven't used it personally. My intention is to get this camera for my future use. All independent reviews (CNET, PCmag etc...)recommend this as the top underwater camera for it's picture quality, physical quality of camera build, fast shutter and best performance at high ISO (important underwater due to low light possibility).

I haven't yet found anyone that actually reviews and compares cameras professionally that recommends something over the Olympus TG-2 iHS.

It's not the cheapest, but it is the best.

We just returned from our cruise and our guide in Barbados used this camera. Now I want this camera...his pictures from underwater are great! Pricey, but totally worth it.

• 2 months later...

best dive camera -- most versitile --GO PRO Hero 3's..good to 200' can mount anywhere---and go anywhere ---forget the rest---go with the best --there is a reason why every reality show uses them...

I have been using a Canon D10 for several years now and have been extremely pleased with it. However, it has been out of production for a couple of years now but is still available thru Amazon. It's replacement is the D20.

Archived