Weather in February

LFM

:confused: We spent 7 nights this past February (2nd - 9th) in Cancun. The Marriott Casa Magna was perfect, but we were expecting really summer time weather. It just wasn't warm enough for us. Is this typical for February? We're going to book a winter 2006 trip and I'm thinking that we'd be better off going farther south. Any thoughts and suggestions of destination would be appreciated.

We went on a cruise towards the end of January a few years back which took us to Cozumel and Calica/Playa del Carmen. The weather was FANTASTIC!! Probably in the mid to upper 80's each day, even on our "at sea" days. We have another cruise schedule for this January and can't wait. During our last cruise, there was an ice storm while we were gone, so that made it even better when we got back to our friends and family!! "Oh, there was an ice storm and you didn't have power for 3 days? Here, this is a picture of me on the beach! Isn't it beatiful? No ice except in the glasses!"

We have twice cruised to this area in late December. The first trip was in the 80's during the day - nice enough for the beach and snorkeling. This last trip was in the low 70's - OK for walking around, but not beach weather for me.

I guess you just have to take what you get. The weather doesn't always coorperate with our vacation plans! :)

Archived