Discount for policemen? another newbie question

Delpha

Since you've all been so very helpful. I read in another thread that there could possibly be a discount for policemen, firemen, teachers and such. Who exactly would I ask about this? My TA wasn't terribly helpful, and he knew my dh was a policeman (small town) and didn't mention anything, so should I ask Carnival myself?

Tia! :)

Since you've all been so very helpful. I read in another thread that there could possibly be a discount for policemen, firemen, teachers and such. Who exactly would I ask about this? My TA wasn't terribly helpful, and he knew my dh was a policeman (small town) and didn't mention anything, so should I ask Carnival myself?

I answered on your other post, but will put it here as well.

Its just military, airline workers(fed-ex..UPS) that get discounts.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like :)

Thank you very much. :)

I wasn't expecting anyone to see that post...I apologize for double posting. I'm afraid I'm not so used to such an active board! Most of the boards I frequent are much slower with less chance of a response. :o

It was worth a try anyways.....:D

Thank you very much. :)

I wasn't expecting anyone to see that post...I apologize for double posting. I'm afraid I'm not so used to such an active board! Most of the boards I frequent are much slower with less chance of a response. :o

It was worth a try anyways.....:D

No, actually you did the right thing. Its always a good idea to post a new thread because people may not see your question buried in a long thread.

Delph,

If what you saw was on the CCL board, and was a couple of weeks ago, I believe it was a somewhat sarcastic response to someone asking about military discounts applying to family and/or friends of service members.

Holland America is offering customers who are active or retired police officers, firefighters or teachers special prices on select sailings. Police officers and firefighters must present a copy of their official ID or badge, and a driver's license, at the time of booking. Qualifying teachers must present a photocopy of teacher's certification, union card or letter from principal on school letterhead.

Carnival offers military discounts to customers who are active, reserve or retired members, or veterans, of the U.S. military. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID, retired military ID or discharge papers and a driver's license, at the time of booking.

Archived