Laundry

Driving from NY to Baltimore next week to set sail on Pride. So excited!

We're taking our little car, so we'll be piled in like clowns, but we'd also like to take some luggage! Anyway, I'm trying to pack light (not so easy with a family of four--one of whom is a toddler).

I'll either do laundry on this ship or have it done (fingers crossed for this one!)

Can you tell me this:

Does carnival usually have a laundry special? Fill a big for $15 or 5 bags for $50 or something? If yes, when is this, and how long is the turnaround? What I'd hate is to send our close to be washed and then realize that we have no clothes in the meantime!

Are the laundry rooms usually busy?

Is there a clothes line in the shower in the bathroom?

We've got 2 balcony rooms.

Thanks all!

The laundry special is mid-cruise.

Usually if you give the bag to your steward in the morning it is returned that evening. Sometimes the next day.

We always take a pix of what we are sending. Only send your sturdiest clothes.

If I looked at it correctly the do it you self laundry was $3 to wash and $3 to dry an then you had to buy detergent. I believe the send out is $15 a bag.

I was Platinum this trip so I had 2 bags of my laundry done free. It was very nicely folded and smelled good.

I was careful what I sent since others had said to do so. I did not have any problems. Although, I did not I think it would be a great idea to take a photo of the laundry just in case. We gave ours in the evening and got it back the next day.

The laundry rooms are pretty much empty around mid-day while everyone is enjoying the ship, and during dinner time. Also very late at night the laundry room is empty while everyone is sleeping. Since most nights I choose to eat at the buffet, I find around 7:00pm or so is best to do laundry. You'll have people ironing in there, but not many.

i use the laundry room in the morning. throw it in before i go to breakfast. by the time i am done eating the clothes are ready for the dryer. sea'days the laundry rooms are always full you do not have to stand there and wait for the clothes to be done..just be mindful of how long it takes..and get there when its'done

I was on the Magic last fall. There are lines in the bathroom but it isn't very sturdy. You couldn't put anything heavy on it. The laundry room had full size washer/dryer, $3 for each. For $6 you can get quite a bit of laundry done. We have never done the laundry specials, cause the bag has always been so small.

Another vote for the Purex sheets, detergent and fabric soft all in 1. Much easier than taking or buying from the vending machines that sometimes work and are out a lot.

Tide pods are great as well. I tuck a few dryer sheets in my suitcase and you're good to go. The dryer sheet also keeps your suitcase smelling good. I also take a travel size bottle of liquid detergent for hand washables like swimsuits.

We've got 2 balcony rooms.

NEVER, EVER put clothes out on your balcony while under way. You could leave them out there when you are in port. (but also be aware they clean the balconies one day. you will get a note in your cabin when

Archived