anyone took the pearl for alaska 2 june

redhydra

hi

does anyone been on ncl pearl for Alaska 2 june??

i came back from a 2 week vacation including one week to Alaska

it was my first non carribean cruise, i wanted to sail Alaska for nearly a decade and finally managed to do that

considering how often it rain there, i would say i got pretty well with the weather, the only time i got rain was in Ketchikan, otherwize, while i was in ground, it was a mix of cloud and sun

as a photographer, i manage to make plenty of photos

the mountain are impressive, they make the cruise ships look like toys

glacier bay was awsome, unfortunately, as their is nothing next the glacier such as a boat or person to compare it to,so the people i would show my picture wont truly appreciate the scale and size of this thing

my dad at first was laughing at me because i brought a thermal clothe in case, saying it was overkill, i ended up using it in glacier bay

unfortunately, at the end of the cruise, my dad got a cold and gave it to me despite my best precaution, i guess this is part of the game

and i met for the first time, wave of 15 feet, i was concerned at first about getting sick and kept some Ginger gravol nearby in case but they proved unnessesary, we handled the wave pretty well

i know its nothing 15 feets wave but comming from someone who never met wave in his last three cruise

of course i thought our ship was Rolling and pitching until i looked with my binocular toward a passing by loaded container ship, the ship just climbed the wave before its bow fell and smash the next wave, sending water over its deck and nearly goeing underwater on the process, i even took that in picture

compared to that cargo ship, our ship was basically gliding the waves

an amazing experience

Yes, I was on the same sailing! Loved Alaska and the Pearl. Waves didn't bother me at all. I agree about the size of the glaciers. They look small in photos but were huge in real life. Beautiful. Loved the blue ice. I was able to get a photo of a humpback whale breaching with a good sized boat near it. The boat looks like a toy in the photo. I too had a cold am now just getting over it.

The one thing I wish is that more people would offer to take pictures for people. I did offer every time I saw people trying to take pictures of themselves or groups. My husband and I only had one couple offer for us. We have a few "selfies" and a few of the excursion guides took some of us. Wish we could have gotten more.

Archived