Boardwalk balcony questions before I book

So finally getting ready to book my Allure cruise. I am contemplating booking a boardwalk balcony on deck 11. I have been on Oasis in an ocean balcony room on deck 7 previously and loved the location (aft near the elevator).

Here are my questions.

- secret deck is on deck 11- can you smoke there? (don't flame me for smoking, just curious)

- is the walk long from elevator? Looking at the rooms closer to the back

- deck 11 doesn't really seem accessible to anything.. But trying to save a few bucks instead of OV balcony. Did this remote location bother you?

-if BW balcony is near back is there a breeze on balcony or is really hot out there?

Any other feedback you have on these rooms would be greatly appreciated. Based on what I remember we weren't in our room much on oasis, and want to save some bucks, but our room was in a great location last time. And I know oasis class ships are all about location.

Pics would be great too. Thanks for your help. Have a great day:)

- is the walk long from elevator? Looking at the rooms closer to the back

- deck 11 doesn't really seem accessible to anything.. But trying to save a few bucks instead of OV balcony. Did this remote location bother you?

-if BW balcony is near back is there a breeze on balcony or is really hot out there?

You will probably get different answers on this, since people's preferences are different.

Yes, the walk back from the elevator is loooooooooooooooooong. But I just love the BW balconies all the way aft, as you can enjoy the boardwalk view and still see the wake.

Great to enjoy the Aquatheater show from your balcony. I have stayed 3 times in a Boardwalk balcony and have two booked for my next Oasis and Allure cruises.

I was never hot, never bothered by neighbors on the other side peeking in my cabin and never bothered by noise. The shows go on till midnight, but I just keep the curtains closed (with a clothes pin) and sleep like a baby.

There were ashtrays and smokers on the aft deck 12 on Oasis when I said in an aft BW balcony a couple years ago. I do not know about Allure public aft on deck 11.

the aft cabins are a long walk from the elevators. the walk was good for me, but do not kid yourself, it is a hike.

No smoking on the public (secret) aft balconies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The secret balconies have ashtrays and lounge chairs.

back to OP. The walk is long, but I chose very aft BW balconies all the time, we love them. We had deck 11 once and i felt it was too high as there was oceanview obsstruction due to the bridge that connects both sides (where the zip line starts). February we chose deck 9 and it was excellent. Of course we don't smoke, so I didn't have the need for the secret balcony.

We personally did not like the interior balcony and won't book it again. We did a Central Park one time and Oceanview balcony after they. Oceanview is way better- and I heard that the boardwalk balcony could be noisy ....

Other than more privacy on an Oceanview balcony, with an interior balcony you hardly see the ocean....

I posted some pictures on this thread in post 31 and 32 from the 10th floor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1702864

As far as smoking, on the pool deck you can smoke on port side, but not starboard, so I wonder if that is the same on the 11 and 12th floor aft decks? Not sure, just wondering.

We just got off the Allure and had a 11th floor outside balcony. We liked being able to walk up three floors to the pools (there isn't a 13th floor) instead of taking the elevator.

We are also Diamond Plus and the lounge is on 11. The Library is also there if you like a quiet place.

Never again. Hot and noisy. Not relaxing at all. Like living in a NY tenement and long, long walk to elevators. Over 30 cruises and the boardwalk balcony was my absolute worst cabin. Shouldn't have listened to my know it all daughter - lol.

I posted some pictures on this thread in post 31 and 32 from the 10th floor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1702864

As far as smoking, on the pool deck you can smoke on port side, but not starboard, so I wonder if that is the same on the 11 and 12th floor aft decks? Not sure, just wondering....

We are also Diamond Plus and the lounge is on 11. The Library is also there if you like a quiet place.

there were ashtrays on the starboard aft public deck 12 on Oasis when we had a BW balcony nearby a couple years ago.

Just off the Allure and there were ashtrays on decks 11 and 12 port side. We had the B1 cabin 12327 and the cabin balcony was a rarely used novelty but we lived on our "private" aft balcony, it was so rarely used by others.

The cabin was only noisy when the Heat games were playing on the big screen in the Aquatheater. I wanted to watch a movie from my balcony one night but could not hear the dialogue well enough and the view for Oceanaria was okay but better on the aft balcony.

I feel like the walk from aft elevators was a non event for people without mobility issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What are these "secret" balconies numbers? I have never heard of them, as far as walking, I think everything is a long walk on the big ships.

No numbers, they are public balconies at the aft end of the passenger corridors on decks 11, 12, and 14 on Oasis and Allure.

Now I'm wondering about the smoking thing on these balconies. I've been on them many times and my general impression is that ash tray/butt trappers were on all of them, but now I'm not sure:confused: My feeling has always been that these balconies were designed to provide a "smoking area" for those in the BW balconies, because smoking is not allowed on the BW cabin individual balconies (also know as " interior" balconies) But I'm wondering about the port/non smoking starboard/smoking thing now. I hope someone reports back if they have specific knowledge if both sides are " smoking permitted".

I should add, that despite spending some significant time on both Allure and Oasis " secret balconies" during my cruises; the reason I don't know the answer is that people so very rarely smoke there;)

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I think I'm going to stick with my ocean view balcony. Upon reviewing deck plans deck 11 is just too high and not near the things I want to be. I really loved my deck 7 location on oasis, which was only 8 rooms down from aft elevators. No walking miles to get to room, unless I goofed and got on the forward elevators by mistake. Lol, which I did a couple of times.

I think I will stay on deck 7 or 8. And bite the bullet and pay a little extra for my ocean view :D

How was the view of the ocean from 12325 ? Was it obstructed much ? We have 12727 in November and wonder if that's an issue.

Thanks

Is this question for me because I mentioned 12327? I'll answer despite your screen name and mine! :eek::eek:

My cabin would be directly opposite yours. You can see the ocean and wake beautifully from the balcony. The view of Oceanaria high diving platform on your side will be slightly obstructed, but, you can clearly see the opposite platform and the rest of the show.

I do not regret my choice of cabins at all, but having said that, I would choose differently - and did book 14729 - for the next time. Yes, I downgraded to an inside in large part due to the public aft balcony just outside my cabin door!:) It really is like a private balcony most of the time. Only deck 14 has 2 inside cabins all the way aft directly above the last 2 boardwalk balconies.

Just returned from the Oasis...4 adults and 3 children. We stayed in 3 CPV cabins. I did it to save money. Would never do it again...I will spring for OV balcony next time. Hiwever, all of us were very happy that we weren't in a Boardwalk balcony.

Just returned from the Oasis...4 adults and 3 children. We stayed in 3 CPV cabins. I did it to save money. Would never do it again...I will spring for OV balcony next time. Hiwever, all of us were very happy that we weren't in a Boardwalk balcony.

That's so funny because I felt the same relief I hadn't been in a CP balcony!

:rolleyes:

We had #11329 on Oasis. I didn't feel it was a long walk at all from the aft elevators. The walk seemed much longer on Serenade and Rhapsody -- presumably because the elevators are further aft on Oasis.

We did not notice anyone smoking on the public balcony right outside our cabin, and we did go there lots of times.

Having this balcony so far to the back of the ship allowed us to get quite a bit of breeze. I would book this cabin or location again in a heartbeat!

Just my 2-cents of course.

Ann

Steeler Nation- thanks for accommodating a diehard browns fan ! I know that couldn't have been easy! Appreciate the information !

By the way, you may want to find out what is on deck 15 above the cabin you booked on 14; we had a similar cabin (high level just below sports deck- not sure what ship) and discovered at 3:00am one morning that the basketball court was directly above us; A call to guest services resolved the issue but of course our beauty rest was already interrupted .

Thanks again!

We just had a CP balcony on the Allure and loved it. On the Oasis we had a boardwalk balcony on deck 14 and loved it. A little noisy in the daytime, but done at night. Loved being able to see the water show and bring able to see the ocean and the boardwalk. But we were pretty far back and the walk was very long. Would not go that far again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What was wrong with the CPV rooms?

We usually book a GS but since I was paying for 7 people instead of 2 I had to book something I could afford. Really missed the ocean so next time will book OV balconies for kids and grandkids and at least a D1 for us. This was my DH's first cruise in an " inside" cabin. He didn't enjoy it. Our kids and grandkids loved their CPV cabins...

Steeler Nation- thanks for accommodating a diehard browns fan ! I know that couldn't have been easy! Appreciate the information !

By the way, you may want to find out what is on deck 15 above the cabin you booked on 14; we had a similar cabin (high level just below sports deck- not sure what ship) and discovered at 3:00am one morning that the basketball court was directly above us; A call to guest services resolved the issue but of course our beauty rest was already interrupted .

Thanks again!

Thanks for the tip! I checked it out and at worst I will be under the Flowrider, but more likely, will be under the deck area just behind it which is 2 decks up if I am remembering accurately. If my plan works out, I believe I just may have found the best inside bargains on Oasis class ships! :p

Archived