booking a tour outside London

We are thinking of booking a tour outside London to Warwick Castle, Stratford and the Cotswolds. Is there any benefit for booking through Viator or Discount London Tours vs using Evan Evans tours directly?

They seem to be approx the same price.

Am I correct that the Viator and Discount London ones are the same tours and done by Evan Evans?

Does anyone have any really good reason to not book this tour?:confused:

Thanks for any help.:)

Hi, Claire

I can't think of any reasons not to book a tour such as you are considering. I did one like it years ago and it was great! I live in London now so don't do coach tours often, but if you are visiting, it's really the best way to get to all those places in a day. Go for it.

Agencies like Viator are useful if you don't know the operators - your money is safer with them than some unknown foreign organisation, and you have much more chance of recourse by using an international booking agency.

But an agency is an extra link in the chain, one more chance of mis-communication etc.

Evans Evans is an established & reputable coach tour operator, no need for an agency

Warwick castle & Stratford-upon-Avon slot together very nicely, probably your journey one way will be by a blast up the motorway & the other way through the Cotswolds

JB :)

Hi, Claire

I can't think of any reasons not to book a tour such as you are considering. I did one like it years ago and it was great! I live in London now so don't do coach tours often, but if you are visiting, it's really the best way to get to all those places in a day. Go for it.

Agencies like Viator are useful if you don't know the operators - your money is safer with them than some unknown foreign organisation, and you have much more chance of recourse by using an international booking agency.

But an agency is an extra link in the chain, one more chance of mis-communication etc.

Evans Evans is an established & reputable coach tour operator, no need for an agency

Warwick castle & Stratford-upon-Avon slot together very nicely, probably your journey one way will be by a blast up the motorway & the other way through the Cotswolds

JB :)

I really do appreciate the help.

I do know a few reasons not too book but the overwhelming positive reasons seem to outweigh the negative ones.:)

I feel pretty comfortable with the booking now.

Archived