Fantasy in December out of Charleston, please help!

LiveUrlife2

Hi everyone.. I have some questions about our cruise that we just booked.

We are going on carnival fantasy cruise the first week of December with our children, 4 and 2 1/2 yr old, it's a 5 night out of SC Charleston to the Bahamas, we have an oceanview room in cabin number M218.

Ok.. My questions.....

1) What's the weather like in SC in dec? I googled it of course but wanted to hear from ppl that have cruised out of there... Should I pack like jackets or just hoodies

2) I heard that this particular ship Does not have heat... Is that true?

3) so since it's dec and the no heat will even b able to enjoy the pool while we are at sea for the first two days?

So if anyone has been on this ship out of SC please tell me what you know and offer whatever tips you have. My husband and I have been on two cruises before but this will b our children's first time so I'am a bit nervous. TIA

Hi everyone.. I have some questions about our cruise that we just booked.

We are going on carnival fantasy cruise the first week of December with our children, 4 and 2 1/2 yr old, it's a 5 night out of SC Charleston to the Bahamas, we have an oceanview room in cabin number M218.

Ok.. My questions.....

1) What's the weather like in SC in dec? I googled it of course but wanted to hear from ppl that have cruised out of there... Should I pack like jackets or just hoodies

2) I heard that this particular ship Does not have heat... Is that true?

3) so since it's dec and the no heat will even b able to enjoy the pool while we are at sea for the first two days?

So if anyone has been on this ship out of SC please tell me what you know and offer whatever tips you have. My husband and I have been on two cruises before but this will b our children's first time so I'am a bit nervous. TIA

1) jackets probably recommended

2)never felt cold inside. Don't know if true about heat but always felt comfortable

3) any port from charleston to ny you will most likely not be able to enjoy the pool on the first sea day. It will be opened but I found it a little chilly

There will still be plenty to do. I hit a really cold week on mine. So it could be a little warmer as you head south

I've sailed out of Charleston in December last year and plan on doing it again this December. On embarkation day, I wore a long sleeve shirt and a skirt. I was fine. The weather didn't really require anything more than that. I took short sleeve shirts and sleeveless dresses with me. I was fine the entire week.

We didn't have the heat on. Didn't really need it. So...not sure what to tell you about that.

There were people in the pool from embarkation day on when we went. People were also going down the waterslides on embarkation day and our 2 days at sea. You should be fine.

Thank you both so much! I feel a little better.

I can't wait to cruise with the kids! I was thinking of bringing a stroller

But I don't remember ever seeing anoyone on our previous cruises

Pushing a stroller. But then again I wasn't a mom so didn't pay attention to that

Sort of stuff! Lol

I live about 10-20 minutes from the port depending on traffic. The first part of Dec. is normally fairly mild with temps during the day in the 50's to upper 60's with the occasional 80 degree day. It can also be much colder and be lower 40's upper 30's but more rarer. A good sweater/long sleeves should do for embarkation and disembarkation. Swimming is a toss up for the first day and will most likely be kids who seem to thrive on blue:eek:.

The ship has heat and will be on if cold out but the pools are not heated... the water actually comes from ocean and is saltwater.

Archived