FCC Transfer How To?

Ok my sister in law on a recent cruise tried to buy me an FCC with my C&A number and details but they wouldn't let her, they said it had to be bought in her name and then transferred into my name at a later date.

This info was confirmed by members on CC, So how do I now get the FCC transferred into my name?

Ok my sister in law on a recent cruise tried to buy me an FCC with my C&A number and details but they wouldn't let her, they said it had to be bought in her name and then transferred into my name at a later date.

This info was confirmed by members on CC, So how do I now get the FCC transferred into my name?

I don't know who you call but when you do it is an 'Open Cruise Booking'. I think C & A is your best best to start with.

I booked a cruise on Wednesday and called it a Future Cruise Certificate and it caused all sorts of turmoil. The guy went away to match me up with a FCC and said he couldn't, he then rang me back an hour later and said they were still having problems. He asked me if I had been given the FCC on the ship or by one of the head offices towards the cost of this booking.

When I explained I had bought it on the ship he made a sigh of relief and said it was an 'Open Cruise Booking' not a Future Cruise Certificate or Future Cruise Credit. This is what had caused the confusion and why he couldn't trace it in the FCC system.

(I would have thought he might have also tried the Open Cruise Booking database..............oh well .........lol)

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Hope it works out.

I don't know who you call but when you do it is an 'Open Cruise Booking'. I think C & A is your best best to start with.

I booked a cruise on Wednesday and called it a Future Cruise Certificate and it caused all sorts of turmoil. The guy went away to match me up with a FCC and said he couldn't, he then rang me back an hour later and said they were still having problems. He asked me if I had been given the FCC on the ship or by one of the head offices towards the cost of this booking.

When I explained I had bought it on the ship he made a sigh of relief and said it was an 'Open Cruise Booking' not a Future Cruise Certificate or Future Cruise Credit. This is what had caused the confusion and why he couldn't trace it in the FCC system.

(I would have thought he might have also tried the Open Cruise Booking database..............oh well .........lol)

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Hope it works out.

So they are called an open cruise certificate then?

The one I already have in my name is called a "next cruise" as is the one my Sister In Law got for me. Both say open booking.

I am getting worried that the one my Sister in law got is perhaps not transferable into my name?

A FCC is a certificate one usually gets when they have some sort of issue while on a cruise..the cruiseline gives the credit back for their inconvenience.That amount is put on a FCC and can be applied towards another cruise.Totally different than a NC(Next Cruise),which is an open booking,like you have..:)

So they are called an open cruise certificate then?

The one I already have in my name is called a "next cruise" as is the one my Sister In Law got for me. Both say open booking.

I am getting worried that the one my Sister in law got is perhaps not transferable into my name?

If it was purchased after March 2013, then it it transferable. Before that time, there were not transferable, and instead came with two Friends and Family certificates.

If it was purchased after March 2013, then it it transferable. Before that time, there were not transferable, and instead came with two Friends and Family certificates.

The one bought for me was purchased on The Alure in May.

So How do i transfer it into my name? Do i just leave it in my Sister in Laws name until I want to use it or does she call RCI and have the names changed?

Thanks

The one bought for me was purchased on The Alure in May.

So How do i transfer it into my name? Do i just leave it in my Sister in Laws name until I want to use it or does she call RCI and have the names changed?

Thanks

Have the current owner call C&A and request a transfer. The transfer must be done before it is assigned to a cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived