Ship time question

osucruise

I am thinking I ran into a thread years ago about this. Question is, we are leaving out of Galveston (central time) and going to Mobay and Cayman islands. I am trying to purchase excursions online and not through carnival. When carnival puts port times on itinerary is that galveston time (central) or local time(e.g. MoBay est)? I just want to make sure I give myself plenty of time and calculate the time zones.

Thanks!

The time Carnival posts is ship time. Not local time.

Once in a great while, the ship will change time. It's happened to me once.

The local vendors know when the ships come and go. If in doubt, I'd contact the vendor you're interested in.

They usually do not change ship time when crossing time zones on cruises that start & end in the same port. With Grand Cayman, it gets a bit tricky. Right now, the time there is exactly the same as Galveston time. But when the U.S. changes their clocks back in November, Grand Cayman will then be one hour later than Galveston time. Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time (most of the planet doesn't). So it will depend on when you are going on your cruise.

Thanks KenMO,

Does ship time mean when they leave the port as standard? or as they go through time zones?

Once again, much appreciated

Yes.

Ship time is the same time as the home port. But as noted earlier, once in awhile, there's an exception.

Archived