Mexican Coast Guard on Dream

billys5764

I got off the Dream yesterday:(. When we left Costa Maya on Thursday, we had the Mexican Coast Guard (military?) chase us down and board the ship. Our friends said they saw the officials walking around the ship with a photograph of someone in their hands.

Anyone on the Dream last week know what was going on? Enquiring minds want to know!!!!!

Funny story....

We were in Nassau, Bahamas on a land vacation in 2010. My husband & son were in a van on their way to go scuba diving. They were playing the radio - they announced that they were looking for an American male, 6'3", 19 years old, sandy brown hair, blue eyes, etc etc.

He had stolen a plane, flew to the Bahamas, was last seen in Nassau and was now on the wanted list.

The description fit my son EXACTLY. Everyone turned and looked at him. :eek:

We always remind him, "You don't want to end up in a foreign prison...."

From what I gathered from hearing talk...they were looking for a passenger that was thought to be left at port. The picture they were showing was a pic of his passport. They boarded and got his passport out of the safe. Apparently when he reboarded after being on shore the crew at the check in didn't realize his card didn't ding when they scanned it...he was aboard the whole time...now how accurate this is was based on some of his family talking about it at dinner.

Archived