Shopping

Keith1010

Click on the image link and follow the instructions in the caption.

If that doesn't help, then report back and we'll figure out something else. :)

gary

:) I must be brain dead. I do all my researching at night after an eleven hour day of work. I cannot figure it out. I will need help. However, I do have another request. I had seen a time chart you provided to a fellow poster. I am wondering if you can provide something similar. My tentative game plan is to start our day at 10:00am at the taxi area. Taxi to Fort Louis and view the site. Walk over to Sarafina's (unless you advise a taxi). Purchase a few goodies and shop in any stores that might be open. I am going to have to pass on LCDH due to having the owner come in to open it up and not knowing what time I could be there (don't want to rush). This is where I need your help, my wife would like to eat a French cuisine restaurant, so I need a recommendation. Somewhat moderately priced, not something that will "break the bank". I am willing to taxi to an area from Marigot if the restaurant you recommend is not in town. After lunch, taxi back to the Dutch side for more shopping. And finally a stop at the taste factory. Our ship departs at 7:00, but I would like to be back on ship around 5:30. Can you also include what I could expect in taxi fare for 4 people. As always, I trust your judgement!

Ozarkmills,

OK, 11 hours qualifies as brain dead.

I stopped posting the direct e-mail here because of spam and such, but I'll try to sneak it in here for you. Send an e-mail with your mailing address to me at gary @ taylorkarrer.org and I'll send you a physical map for planning.

I'll give your new plan a shot overnight.

gary

Well, maybe a couple overnights, life got in the way again. :)

Taxi for two from the Cruise Facility at 10:00 to Fort Louis, should be $18. We might spend 20-30 minutes up there unless we brought a bottle of wine and sandwiches.

Walk back down and into Marigot -- to Sarafina's. 20 - 30 min. You want dessert before lunch?

If you wanted to shop in French-side shops, that would have been at the base of the hill under Fort Marigot, at West Indies Mall, but in my opinion it is just a bunch of way over-priced shops. Great Urinals, though.

Without more information about your tastes, etc. I'd offer lunch at Rosemary's right there @ the Marigot waterfront, across from the Anguilla Ferry and parking.

th_DSCN0952.jpg

(click)

An option here would be to take a taxi to Grand Case and one of the restaurants/Lolos on the beach there for $15. We love Calmos Cafe and also the Lolos in Grand Case. Depends on your preferences.

Back to the Dutch side for shopping, but I just don't see a visit to my Taste Factory on this trip. It's too far out of the way.

Estimated Taxi fares for two:

Cruise Facility to/from Marigot. $18

Marigot to Grand Case. $15

Grand Case to P'Burg. $25

gary

Well, maybe a couple overnights, life got in the way again. :)

Taxi for two from the Cruise Facility at 10:00 to Fort Louis, should be $18. We might spend 20-30 minutes up there unless we brought a bottle of wine and sandwiches.

Walk back down and into Marigot -- to Sarafina's. 20 - 30 min. You want dessert before lunch?

If you wanted to shop in French-side shops, that would have been at the base of the hill under Fort Marigot, at West Indies Mall, but in my opinion it is just a bunch of way over-priced shops. Great Urinals, though.

Without more information about your tastes, etc. I'd offer lunch at Rosemary's right there @ the Marigot waterfront, across from the Anguilla Ferry and parking.

th_DSCN0952.jpg

(click)

An option here would be to take a taxi to Grand Case and one of the restaurants/Lolos on the beach there for $15. We love Calmos Cafe and also the Lolos in Grand Case. Depends on your preferences.

Back to the Dutch side for shopping, but I just don't see a visit to my Taste Factory on this trip. It's too far out of the way.

Estimated Taxi fares for two:

Cruise Facility to/from Marigot. $18

Marigot to Grand Case. $15

Grand Case to P'Burg. $25

gary

Archived