This iS iT!

Punu

Leaving monday... you guys have been great with the info and help I've gotten the last 2 months... Now this is my last thread about my final check list and suggestions for any of these topics...for my first cruise with 7 of my family members! (on fascination-Key West/Cozumel)

-Can I take Beachball/Floats to the Pool with no problems?

-Very unique and creative ideas of taking on beer/rum?

-Key items not to forget...Something you learned you need on your first cruise

-Plan on hitt'n up Paradise Island for any unique rides... like a banana boat??? And Margaritaville if it's in cozumel that is...( I hope Carlos and Charlies isnt the only fun place to see drunk ppl)

-3 Most Important things on my list, Parasailing, Jet Skiing and Snorkling...(snorkeling by myself, just gonna swim out there)

-Ramdom advice

My brothers and I (ages: 26-24-21) Plan on partying till 8 in the AM :D every night! Hope there's a good night club on board!

-Can I take Beachball/Floats to the Pool with no problems?

A beachball probably wouldn't be too much of a problem, but on a sea day a float would be impossible to get in the pool.

-Very unique and creative ideas of taking on beer/rum?

Bubble wrap, bubble wrap, bubble wrap. For the rum. Then just put it in your carry-on or in a soft sided cooler. Then you can have your steward keep the beer on ice.

-Key items not to forget...Something you learned you need on your first cruise

Aspirin. :D They can be very expensive onboard.

-Plan on hitt'n up Paradise Island for any unique rides... like a banana boat??? And Margaritaville if it's in cozumel that is...( I hope Carlos and Charlies isnt the only fun place to see drunk ppl)

Fat Tuesday's, right at the end of the pier. A lot of crew tend to hang out there in the evening. And it's an easy stumble back to the ship.

-3 Most Important things on my list, Parasailing, Jet Skiing and Snorkling...(snorkeling by myself, just gonna swim out there)

I've heard Chankanaab has good snorkeling. Short taxi ride from the ship.

-Ramdom advice

Just to have a great time. And be sure to write us up a review when you get back. :D

Punu -

Just went on Fascination - in April.

Beachball - ?? - for the pool ? - that pool is pretty small..........I believe you would hit more people than you would care to.......my opinion don't bother - it is not a "swimming" pool - kinda get wet - use the water slide kinda thing - I think you are picturing a "guys" kinda pool ball - not happening. Again - same reason - a pool mat/float not a great idea........no room!!!:)

Also - do not forget to take some Bonine - sea sickness preventative - you can get it at Walmart - real cheap......take it - you do NOT want to be sick - or nauseous.......this is your vacation!!!!!

Take a 'coolie' thing for cans/bottles - it gets real hot walking around on that boat and you do NOT want your 'drinks' gettin hot before you finish em:D .

Take lots of ones and fives to make those staff members happy - I gave my husband 100 of them to get rid of by the end of the cruise - he had a blast making people smile!!!:)

I have no advice on the snorkeling thing - we went to Paradise Beach and just hung out - very cool place and very clean too!! Yummy snacks and great drinks. If you go and see Tom - tell him Robin from Maryland says hi!

I took sodas on with me and just packed them in myluggage in between clothes........not problems. Guess you can do the same with cans of beer - I would suggest bubble wrap for 'glass' bottles tho.

Oh and we found a really cool place to watch coming into Cozumel....go to the ummmmmmm.. can't think of it's name but it is where they have the "shows" and the bingo games - you'll find it - but anyway go the the main floor of this room and go all the way the the left of the 'stage' area and there is a small door - looks like you are going 'backstage' - but it takes you out to a deck that is about 2 floors up from the water - and a FABULOUS spot to see where you are going - oh my good ness I LOVED this little hideaway!!! We found it with a staff members help!:D Beautiful views and there was never anyone out there..........you have to stand to be able to see - no chair sitting here, again a very nice place to watch where you are going without vying for a place to stand or a rail to lean on!! Look for it!

Do you know where your room is? We were on Verandah - V20 - if you see Re'ka - tell her Robin and Kevin said hello!!!!!!! Not that she will remember us - but she did wonderful job!

Lastly - have a BLAST!!!!!! Do not let any 'naysayers' ruin YOUR vacation!!!!!:)

Punu: I believe somewhere over on the Cozumel board, Paradise Beach Tom said there is parasailing and jetskiing available at Paradise Beach. Somewhere around $55 each. Not too sure if the snorkeling is good there or not.

Beachball/floats- I don't see anyway you could get a float in the pool and not annoy others.....beachball, you might have better luck, maybe get others in the pool involved with a game or something.

No need to be creative smuggling booze.....buy the liquor in plastic bottles or use the bubble wrap. Pack it in your checked luggage.

Items not to forget - any kind of over the counter meds you think you might need....aspirin, pepto bismol, alka seltzer, imodium AD. Batteries/chargers. Cheapy travel alarm clock

Random advice: Have a blast and let us know how it went when you get back!!!

Drink lots of water!! I don't know where you are from but even coming from Central Texas I'm always surprised at how hot it can be down there. The sun is very strong.

You'll really need extra water if you are going to be drinking a lot, which it sounds like you are. :) I've seen the combination of too much sun, too much alcohol and not enough water really put a damper on a vacation. Mine

One last warning... You're gonna be hooked on cruising so just get used to it.

I hope you and your family have a great time.

Random advice? Take anything you might need - extra film, disposable camera, OTC medications, sunscreen, etc. - All these are much more expensive on the ship.

Remember that the hot, hot sun in the tropics combined w/lotsa booze don't mix real well. You want to remember your cruise, y'know?:D

wow you guys have no idea how much this is helping me... keep it coming! (that's if theres anything else to actually be said, covered so much!)

pirate... good advice about about the water, thanx bro

I really cannot waaaaaiiiiiiiT... my entire family texts me everyday with a countdown clock!:D

thanx again!

but im gonna take the float to the pool at night... talk'n 1am... is it even open?
Good luck. It'll have been drained and a net put over top of it.

As a Mom make a plan to meet somewhere on the ship an hour before sailing in case you don't show up she can send some to find your drunkn' butt and drag you back to the ship! lol I plan on doing that in Oct on the Inspiration with my son and his friends. I don't want to be hanging over the rail yelling hurry run, run...... and laughing at him! Although it probably would be very entertaining.

My best advice is take the day off after you come home to sleep since you won't be doing it on the ship!

Ok! Guys who wants to bet he and his brothers will be dock runners or staggers as the case may be??!! I'll ante a shooter!

Burnsie!

Don't forget to post a review when you come back please!

but wait! I'm a drunk idiot... I'll find a way!:D :D

Punu,If you're going to party as hard as it sounds you might want to give this a try. This has never failed me and I've given it lots of use.

Make absolutely certain you do this before you go to bed.

1 qt. of water

4 tylenol, ibuprofen or something you are allowed to take.

2 multivitamin pills

Yeah i really am soaking in this advice...

When we went to cancun for spring break, I got arrested.... but hen we bribed our way out...no one told me I couldnt party in a certain place at a certain time wearing a certain piece of clothing with certain ppl....:D

Then we got on an MTV special out on a cruise... and were in some "contests"... hehe....

anyway... cant wait to be the life of this ship! :D

Punu,

Make sure you pack your liqour in your checked luggage or it will be taken before you get on the ship. This happen to us a couple of years ago when we tried taking it on in our carry-on.

Nachi Cocum Beach Club in Cozumel has parasailing and Jet ski's and they have an all inclusive food, drink, chair package for $42. They keep the drinks flowing & You have your own personal waiter. Nice Beach!! :D

Enjoy!!!

Archived