Taxi COST to Hell from pier

stressedmomof3

can someone tell me what the taxi cost is to Hell from the pier?

We are booking the pirate adventure that's only 2 hours of our day and the kids want to make a trip to hell and get their passports stamped and mail letters.

Thanks ahead of time if anyone can tell me either the one way cost or the roundtrip cost. We do not want to do any other stops, just to hell and back;)

You can take the bus for $2.50/person. See http://www.grandcayman4u.com/transport/buses.htm. Both the #1 (Yellow) and #2 (Lime Green) go between the public library (near the port) and Hell. The busses are large vans with blue license plates and a sign in the windshield indicating the route. One of those two will come every 5-10 minutes and can be flagged down from the side of the road.

Good Luck getting there :( last year during our port stop in Grand Cayman I wanted to go to Hell but the taxi's wouldn't just take us to Hell we had to purchase the entire 2 hour city tour. They were going to charge us $40.00 per person just to drive us there :mad:

We couldn't find the city bus

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful with the buses. I see it posted so much here that they are quick and easy. I did not have that experience. It took 45-60 minutes to get to Hell, then when I got there and was going out to wait on a bus to pick me back up, I was told no more were coming! Apparently some days they only work half days and the stops seems to be as the driver makes them up. We dropped people off directly in front of their homes...nice for the locals, but not so great for tourists IMO. Luckily the devil gave me a ride back to the pier! I would have been SOL otherwise. I thought it was a neat little stop with great people. It is definitely worth a visit, especially with kids. Have fun!

This is a definite must for our family no matter how corny/tourist trap-y it is. I will be sure to take note about the buses and if we go this route I will be sure to ask the drivers about return trip before even boarding a bus.

One of the main reasons I was asking about a taxi .

I saw on this board where they have turtle farm/hell tour from the port for $20/per person that is sold at the pier. Might think this may be the way to go if the taxi is higher than this and just ask to have the turtle farm stop skipped;)

Archived