Splendor sailing to the Bahamas

kdn hawaii

Any feedback on Bahamas sailings? And excursions or things to do at ports?

Thanks!

Hello kdn,

I have done this sailing a few times, Grand Turk is a blast! as soon as you get off the ship there is a huge shopping area and a large pool at Margaritaville as well as a vey nice beach all within walking distance, If you walk down the beach a bit there is a little bar with free wifi and the drinks are very cheap. I haven't done an excursion but we did rent a cabana which is reasonably priced and my kids did the flow rider. At HMC again we didn't do an excursion but hung out on the beach and rented inflatable tubes, there were more than enough chairs to sit on, the buffet was very easy to negotiate and again there were more than enough tables to sit at, just be aware that this is a tendered port so get there early to get an early tender. My favorite port was Nassau they have some very beautiful beaches Junkaroo beach is close by but the jewel of the island was Atlantis which we have done twice, its a bit pricey but IMO its worth it especially if you have kids! We went during spring break and there was 3 ships in port it was crowded but the place is so huge you really don't notice there is a beach there as well and we sat there for most of the day while the kids did the waterslides and swam in the pool. I'm sure you will be given plenty of advice on this forum but this was my little contribution I hope it helped. But most importantly enjoy your cruise!!!:)

Any feedback on Bahamas sailings? And excursions or things to do at ports?

Thanks!

Hello kdn,

I have done this sailing a few times, Grand Turk is a blast! as soon as you get off the ship there is a huge shopping area and a large pool at Margaritaville as well as a vey nice beach all within walking distance, If you walk down the beach a bit there is a little bar with free wifi and the drinks are very cheap. I haven't done an excursion but we did rent a cabana which is reasonably priced and my kids did the flow rider. At HMC again we didn't do an excursion but hung out on the beach and rented inflatable tubes, there were more than enough chairs to sit on, the buffet was very easy to negotiate and again there were more than enough tables to sit at, just be aware that this is a tendered port so get there early to get an early tender. My favorite port was Nassau they have some very beautiful beaches Junkaroo beach is close by but the jewel of the island was Atlantis which we have done twice, its a bit pricey but IMO its worth it especially if you have kids! We went during spring break and there was 3 ships in port it was crowded but the place is so huge you really don't notice there is a beach there as well and we sat there for most of the day while the kids did the waterslides and swam in the pool. I'm sure you will be given plenty of advice on this forum but this was my little contribution I hope it helped. But most importantly enjoy your cruise!!!:)

We are not going to grand Turk. We are going to Freeport and Nassau. We have a 13 month old. Do you suggest a particular excursion or just getting there by our own means if transportation? We were considering a the sea loon encounter there. Do you know anything about it for kids? That place looks amazing! My son is too young to enjoy all the water slides and stuff though I think. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Is there anything specific to do there? Did you like something in particular about the beach club? We have 13 month old. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371561363.906413.jpg.50181e3e54904eaecd6b93b908655317.jpg

The last picture is of Tony Macaronis that is down the beach. That was our favorite part...it's a conch shack.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371561272.824010.jpg.7ce5485d07de41b3a97269b619220cb4.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371561334.656192.jpg.dfe4d398efad104ec3e89711302693f2.jpg

[ATTACH]275967[/ATTACH][ATTACH]275968[/ATTACH][ATTACH]275969[/ATTACH]

The last picture is of Tony Macaronis that is down the beach. That was our favorite part...it's a conch shack.

Thanks!!

I got my info from the Bahamas board so I am summarizing here as best I can remember. In Nassau there are several hotels that sell day passes if that is something you are interested in. Some just include use of beach, pool and facilities, some include food or give you food vouchers. In Freeport you can take a cab to the Lucayan Marketplace. For $10 or $15 you can get wristbands for the Grand Lucayan resort and access the beach and pool area and use their facilities as well.

I got my info from the Bahamas board so I am summarizing here as best I can remember. In Nassau there are several hotels that sell day passes if that is something you are interested in. Some just include use of beach' date=' pool and facilities, some include food or give you food vouchers. In Freeport you can take a cab to the Lucayan Marketplace. For $10 or $15 you can get wristbands for the Grand Lucayan resort and access the beach and pool area and use their facilities as well.[/quote']

Thanks! What's the lucayan marketplace?

Is the grand lucayan's pool nice? Slides or just a pool?

Archived