Don't Judge Me....

thatsonofa

I went through your profile and read your other posts. Point is if you have no intention of doing something, why waste your time here? You are judging a cruise line by what a small percentage of posters say online. My gosh, that's like the small and shallow minded cruiser who judges a country after being in one port.

Don't think you understand my post. I said I read this type of thread for the comic relief. 99 post all on getting drunk at a safety drill.

Again spend your time, online or in real life, among those that inspire you to be better not bitter. You came off old and bitter, not only on this post but others I read. I only read the boards that I have INTEREST in. Right now, just back from a Carnival cruise, planning Princess next and eyeing RCL. If you troll other broads for FUN, please try cruise a line that is really FUN. It's time for havingfun2013 and beyond.

Why do you think I'm bitter? I was on several Carnival ships, and do like them, but in recent years, they cut back on so much that they have become a party boat. Read this thread, and it shows. I am a big fan of raising prices and bringing back quality food and entertainment (which of course is subjective, because 10 people will respond they like the food and DJ's).

I will take a drunk, eventually they will sober up, over old and bitter, their lifetime of misery, any day!. Please sail on to find havingfun2013! Life is too short or troll around places/boards you have no interest in!

I have no problem with drinking, however, on the Carnival board, you get a 5 page thread on drinking as much as possible and being buzzed at a safety drill. However, it's tough to recommend Carnival when all anyone reads are posts like this. Yes, people do judge companies based on posts and if people would stop posting that Carnival is a big party, than others might pick them.

Maybe it would behoove you to wait until day four for your first beer then. Sniff, sniff...

While our standards may vary, i don't think anyone's standards would consider 1 beer in two days to be excessive. But three or four drinks prior to muster would be.

I have no problem with drinking, however, on the Carnival board, you get a 5 page thread on drinking as much as possible and being buzzed at a safety drill. However, it's tough to recommend Carnival when all anyone reads are posts like this. Yes, people do judge companies based on posts and if people would stop posting that Carnival is a big party, than others might pick them.

If I misunderstood your post then I am very HAPPY. My biggest point is some of us CHOOSE Carnival because we love to have FUN and PARTY. We are not all cold even if we are OLD and heading over the hill. Who is to say a line than offers a party and fun atmosphere is worse off that one where you fall asleep at 9 pm or you sit around and watch people put on demonstrations.

One can't be a foodie, or a half way decent cook, if they think food prepared for 3000 can be but all that. If you have seen a decent show in Las Vegas or New York, you know the shows are meant to help your stomach digest the meal. The Quest show on RCL, wow!

IMOP, you are not a fan of rising prices and bringing back quality because there are lines that offer that right NOW. So everyone should stop posting about the party and having fun. I guess those who seek FUN must now stay home. I was not sure my next cruise was going to be on Carnival but you just convinced to come back and drop it like it's HOT! I am old but I a'int cold and I do like to party! When I get to RCL and Princess, move outta my way because i will be dropping it there too, maybe not as much FUN. I have tried, RCL 8x, Princess 2x, Carnival 4x and as of now 5x soon.

Happy, it would not be fair for anyone to judge your favorite line by your posts on these boards. I am sure majority of us FUN cruisers don't, ok we might not be completely sober. Please keep reading Carnival for FUN and in time you might be back to enjoy it or maybe not. I assume this thread was intended for the FUN kind not the FUN-damentally challenged.

Op- Cheers but I not buying because I might need my own if I come across the not so HAPPY kind.

Sorry if I came across as harsh, but we've been at a few muster drills where a group has been "buzzed" and wouldn't shut up. This delayed the start of the muster drill for all of us. It's not fun being packed against the wall in the heat.

It seems to happen every drill on Carnival and it is not fair to the rest of us. The group of twenty somethings in front of us carried on the whole time at our drill on the Freedom. The crew had already confiscated the buckets of beer and drinks that they brought to the muster drill. They wouldn't stop using their cell phones so they took those away from them too until the drill was over.

Sorry if I came across as harsh, but we've been at a few muster drills where a group has been "buzzed" and wouldn't shut up. This delayed the start of the muster drill for all of us. It's not fun being packed against the wall in the heat.

My most recent cruises on Princess and CCL, the drill was inside, comfy and lovely setting. On RCL, it was down right inhumane to be placed in the life vest against the wall sometimes in the heat. I would have loved to have a drink, wata:D

because I have a personal goal to have a buzz before the muster drill...

Just sayin.... :cool:

Haha, I won't judge you because I'll probably be doing the same thing on my upcoming Imagination B2B!! :D It definatly makes muster more interesting (at least, I expect it does). And no, I won't be annoying to those around me (and yes, I do take muster seriously)!!

While our standards may vary, i don't think anyone's standards would consider 1 beer in two days to be excessive. But three or four drinks prior to muster would be.

Well I won't (can't) speak for "anyone", but if he boards the boat by noon, then has 3 or 4 drinks (assuming it takes even that many, may only be 1 or 2) by 4 PM, in my humble opinion, is not excessive. At least not when on vacation. And 3 or 4 drinks certainly won't make one "stink" as you stated before.

The OP never said anything about knee crawling drunk, just a buzz, so really no need for the "holyer than thou".

I pay attention during the muster drill and know my muster station. I also know not to worry about having to get into a life boat, women children and families first. I will be the single male cruiser hoping desperately that they have time to get the rubber rafts out before the ship goes down.

Well I won't (can't) speak for "anyone", but if he boards the boat by noon, then has 3 or 4 drinks (assuming it takes even that many, may only be 1 or 2) by 4 PM, in my humble opinion, is not excessive. At least not when on vacation. And 3 or 4 drinks certainly won't make one "stink" as you stated before.

The OP never said anything about knee crawling drunk, just a buzz, so really no need for the "holyer than thou".

And you are certainly welcome to your opinion just as I am welcome to mine. And to me, when someone has drunk enough to become "buzzed" and start breathing their alcohol filled breathe all over me as we are tightly packed together at the muster station, they stink!

And you are certainly welcome to your opinion just as I am welcome to mine. And to me, when someone has drunk enough to become "buzzed" and start breathing their alcohol filled breathe all over me as we are tightly packed together at the muster station, they stink!

Yes, but you can have the same achohol filled breath after just one beer as you mentioned you drank also.

This was not intended to get confrontational, so lets just agree to disagree and move on. :)

I will be the single male cruiser hoping desperately that they have time to get the rubber rafts out before the ship goes down.
I hope you get lucky and there is no need.

ps how did you intend to get the rubber raft into your cabin?

That goes 10x (not sure why 10 and not 9 or 15 times:-) worse for cologne, perfume, and tobacco. The buzzed one has to talk, the others just have to show up. All together there could be lots of stinkers on board:D:D

If I PAY to go on the Oasis, Allure or Quantum of the Seas and its sinking, I am not getting off. For that amount of money I will assume it was God's will, let it be done. It could be this or doubled over in a hospital bed with your body ravaged in pain. Can't get to heaven unless you are willing to die and I am will to die for what this planned cruise is going to cost us. I get on the ship on day 1, not leaving until day 7. Day 7, I will either be back at port or on my way to meet my maker, still on board. Please, mums the word since I am only planning this for one of those specific RCL ships.

That goes 10x (not sure why 10 and not 9 or 15 times:-) worse for cologne, perfume, and tobacco. The buzzed one has to talk, the others just have to show up. All together there could be lots of stinkers on board:D:D

If I PAY to go on the Oasis, Allure or Quantum of the Seas and its sinking, I am not getting off. For that amount of money I will assume it was God's will, let it be done. It could be this or doubled over in a hospital bed with your body ravaged in pain. Can't get to heaven unless you are willing to die and I am will to die for what this planned cruise is going to cost us. I get on the ship on day 1, not leaving until day 7. Day 7, I will either be back at port or on my way to meet my maker, still on board. Please, mums the word since I am only planning this for one of those specific RCL ships.

A very pragmatic view, but what happens if your maker does not exist call customer services?

I see you like to age discriminate, who else do you discriminate against? women, people of color?

Im an equal opportunity hater. I discriminate against everyone. In this particular instance, it happened to be older people. Who knows, tomorrow it may be kids?

I love reading post on Carnival here. So far, I read that some people think it's funny to be drunk at a safety drill, that so many others think it is a joke and go for it. Than of course there is the person that thinks old people can't handle things. All the people that are hiding in rooms and think it is ok.

People always ask me why I don't go on a Carnival cruise......and I just tell them to read cruise critic under Carnival for all the reasons.

Your name definitely does not match your post. :)

Wow this turned into a great thread!!! I have so many posts I would like to comment on, but there are too many! :)

To all the people that are going to join me..... YAY!!! I love company!

I love that people get waaaaaaay too serious on message boards. People, get your panties/depends out of a wad. BTW, to the comment that I sound young and immature... I am 31 and very mature. Would it be wrong for me to say that by you assuming that I am "young and immature" you sound old and bitter that life has passed you by? It would be wrong, and I would never say that.....:cool:

I never skip muster drills, and never will. I will be buzzed while I am there though.

Come on OP, don't act surprised. You got the brawl you wanted out of this thread. You lobbed up watermelon on this one and everyone started swinging at it and each other. Nicely done. :D

PS: Maturity comes with age but it's not guaranteed. Trust me on that one. ;)

I think I would be doing a disservice to those around me if I didn't go buzzed or even slightly drunk to the muster drill from time to time. Haven't you ever heard the term "practice how you play"? How do you expect me to stumble (or if the ship is rocking walk in a perfectly straight line) to my muster station if an emergency takes place at night when I've had a few drinks? I've gone to enough of them sober that I think it would be irresponsible for me not to go buzzed a couple times....for practice of course.

Come on OP, don't act surprised. You got the brawl you wanted out of this thread. You lobbed up watermelon on this one and everyone started swinging at it and each other. Nicely done. :D

PS: Maturity comes with age but it's not guaranteed. Trust me on that one. ;)

This has been a fun read. :)

The older I get, the more I find that maturity is overrated.

A very pragmatic view, but what happens if your maker does not exist call customer services?

If my maker doesn't exist then I would be the first one off the ship. Instead of saying thy will be done, I would go with you win some, you loose some. Heck, I would complain to customer service that the attempted mid ocean wata excursion was not to my liking.

I learned on my last cruise that my tolerance for alcohol has significantly increased. I can handle Sex on the Beach with a White Russian and a Bahama Mama. I can party with Jack and Daniels, Jim Beam, plus wake up to a Tequila Sunrise. Bloody Marys can be messy but Long Island Ice Tea can leave you messed up. Ha, 20 days before a drink in hand laying on the beach in the island, mon! I am old and almost over the hill, this is good news.

Cheers

Yes, people do judge companies based on posts and if people would stop posting that Carnival is a big party, than others might pick them.

Isn't this precisely the reason why most people who cruise Carnival select them over other cruiselines? Because they're the "Fun Ship"?

Wow this turned into a great thread!!! I have so many posts I would like to comment on, but there are too many! :)

To all the people that are going to join me..... YAY!!! I love company!

I love that people get waaaaaaay too serious on message boards. People, get your panties/depends out of a wad. BTW, to the comment that I sound young and immature... I am 31 and very mature. Would it be wrong for me to say that by you assuming that I am "young and immature" you sound old and bitter that life has passed you by? It would be wrong, and I would never say that.....:cool:

I never skip muster drills, and never will. I will be buzzed while I am there though.

I'll be standing right next to you,

with a cig. in one hand, a flask in my back pocket, a smuggled booze drink in the other hand andwaiting until the big dogs in the checked luggage arrive for the real party.

20 prople in a balcony cabin, 10 in the hallway and both cabin and balcony door opened, creating a wind tunnel.

If my maker doesn't exist then I would be the first one off the ship. Instead of saying thy will be done, I would go with you win some, you loose some. Heck, I would complain to customer service that the attempted mid ocean wata excursion was not to my liking.

I learned on my last cruise that my tolerance for alcohol has significantly increased. I can handle Sex on the Beach with a White Russian and a Bahama Mama. I can party with Jack and Daniels, Jim Beam, plus wake up to a Tequila Sunrise. Bloody Marys can be messy but Long Island Ice Tea can leave you messed up. Ha, 20 days before a drink in hand laying on the beach in the island, mon! I am old and almost over the hill, this is good news.

Cheers

absentem laedit cum ebrio qui litigat:)

Archived