Vancouver hotels

Beside the Pan Pacific, are there any other hotels that offer a shuttle to Canada Place?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are staying at Best Western Downtown on Drake Street. this Thursday and they offer free shuttle service !:)

Pan Pacific wouldn't offer a shuttle because it sits right on top of the cruise terminal - no shuttle needed! However, I wouldn't let the lack of a shuttle keep me from picking whatever downtown hotel meets my needs, as there are many great hotels within a very short distance of the terminal. We stayed at the Westin Bayshore, maybe a mile from Canada Place, mainly because we used Sheraton points for a free room with a spectacular view. Our taxi fare to the terminal was under $10. Unless you stay much further away, your transportation cost to the terminal will be negligible compared to the cost of your cruise!

The Hampton Inn and Suites on Robson St. and the Executive Vintage Park Hotel both offer a free shuttle. However most downtown Vancouver hotels are within a $10 taxi ride of Canada Place...so you may care to focus more on the hotel and rate rather than a free shuttle.

The Hampton Inn and Suites on Robson St. and the Executive Vintage Park Hotel both offer a free shuttle. However most downtown Vancouver hotels are within a $10 taxi ride of Canada Place...so you may care to focus more on the hotel and rate rather than a free shuttle.

Someone on a previous cruise this year indicated that the Days Inn Downtown has a shuttle service. Can you confirm

Thanks

Dave

Someone on a previous cruise this year indicated that the Days Inn Downtown has a shuttle service. Can you confirm

Thanks

Dave

According to their website, they offer the shuttle as part of a package:

http://www.daysinnvancouver.com/downtown-hotel-packages.html

Cruiseship Hotel Package

• One night stay in a Queen guestroom
  • Breakfast in the morning (value up to $10.00/person)
  • Extended parking for car during cruise available for $15/night (plus tax)
  • Shuttle drop-off with luggage to Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal or Ballantyne Cruise Ship Terminal**
  • Parking Restriction: Maximum Height 6' 4"
  • We cannot park over height vehicles in our parkade (vehicles / trucks over height 6' 4")

Cruiseship Promotion:

Promotion Code: LPK1

(Note the two asterisks next to the line about the shuttle - couldn't find anything on the web page about what those mean...)

Thanks

Dave

They appear to offer it in their Cruise Ship package but I would check with the hotel. This hotel is only 4.5 blocks from Canada Place and many people chose to walk to it. However, with that package rate exceeding $220 p.n., their rooms are no bargain and the shuttle is certainly not free.

The Fairmont Waterfront is right across the street from Canada Place and they offer the same service as Pan Pacific: the bell desk will transfer your luggage to your ship and you can just cross the street and walk into the terminal. Easypeasy

They appear to offer it in their Cruise Ship package but I would check with the hotel. This hotel is only 4.5 blocks from Canada Place and many people chose to walk to it. However, with that package rate exceeding $220 p.n., their rooms are no bargain and the shuttle is certainly not free.

Thanks! We have been booked since January just for a room, will check to see if we can hop the shuttle with those using the package plan. If not I guess the taxi would be reasonable. Returning in 2 weeks and staying at the Victorian Hotel for the nite.

Dave

Dave - We stayed at the Days Inn on W Pender Ave about 2 weeks ago. It was a nice older building. They will hold your luggage if you arrive early. They do have a shuttle but you need to be at the front desk early to get the time slot you want. Everyone wanted 10 or 10:30 or 11:00 and all the slops filled up. We ended up going at 9 am which worked out great actually. The porters took our bags and we went back outside to see a few things and were back in the terminal around 10:20 and through screening by 10:30. We sat there for about 15 minutes and then they let us do check in. Once through check in we were seated in a room for about 30 minutes and then on the ship. We were one of the first.

So yes the shuttle is free, just be early to sign up. If you want to walk it, its about 2 blocks. Easy walk but baggage can be a pain

Putterdude: You helped me out when I was looking to book a hotel, I did hotwire and got Delta Suites, you commeneted it is a good one, Thanks for that, Now would Delta Siuites t be one of the $10 taxi rides from Canada Place ? Are the taxi rates flat set rates , or ?? I think we are going to do the Hop On Hop off bus that you recommeded for out other travel .Thanks again for the good information .

Cori

Now would Delta Siuites t be one of the $10 taxi rides from Canada Place ? Are the taxi rates flat set rates , or ??

It's not fixed rates, but it's only about 4½ blocks from the Delta Suites to Canada Place. I can't imagine it being even $10.

Putterdude: You helped me out when I was looking to book a hotel, I did hotwire and got Delta Suites, you commeneted it is a good one, Thanks for that, Now would Delta Siuites t be one of the $10 taxi rides from Canada Place ? Are the taxi rates flat set rates , or ?? I think we are going to do the Hop On Hop off bus that you recommeded for out other travel .Thanks again for the good information .

Cori

It's a very short distance from hotel to pier (a tad over 4.5 blocks) and all pretty much downhill, you could walk it if you are inclined. Otherwise plan that with a tip you will be just under $10. We do not have fixed rates in Vancouver. Glad that things are working out for you and I hope you enjoy you stay in Vancouver....be sure an wave to me northbound, I am on the starboard side about an hour after you sail under the Lions Gate bridge.

We are in Vancouver right now and will be boarding our ship tomorrow. Our hotel (the Ramada Limited) is close enough that we'll just walk over to Canada Place. But we were by there earlier today and it didn't seem obvious where we'd go. I don't want to traipse all over with our luggage, looking for the correct entrance. Anybody have any specific directions for those arriving on foot?

Thanks!!

We are in Vancouver right now and will be boarding our ship tomorrow. Our hotel (the Ramada Limited) is close enough that we'll just walk over to Canada Place. But we were by there earlier today and it didn't seem obvious where we'd go. I don't want to traipse all over with our luggage, looking for the correct entrance. Anybody have any specific directions for those arriving on foot?

Thanks!!

Come out of your hotel, turn right on W. Pender, walk 3 blocks to Howe St., turn right and walk down Howe St. and what we call the Howe St. ramp to Canada Place. The pedestrian entrance to the cruise terminal is just to the left of the vehicle entrance, it's a bit hard to spot but it is there.

Come out of your hotel, turn right on W. Pender, walk 3 blocks to Howe St., turn right and walk down Howe St. and what we call the Howe St. ramp to Canada Place. The pedestrian entrance to the cruise terminal is just to the left of the vehicle entrance, it's a bit hard to spot but it is there.

Thank you! That makes it a lot easier for us, starting our cruise with less stress. We're lucky to have good weather today. It would be rough to walk in the rain!

• 4 months later...

there are a group of 8 of us needing transportation from the port to a Vancouver Airport Hotel..looking for a van..

Also because we have early flights after our 2 night stay we think we should pick an airport hotel..

any input greatly apprexciated..thanks

there are a group of 8 of us needing transportation from the port to a Vancouver Airport Hotel..looking for a van..

Also because we have early flights after our 2 night stay we think we should pick an airport hotel..

any input greatly apprexciated..thanks

Unless you have very early flights (e.g. 6 am), you will be limiting yourself in terms of proximity and ease of access of things to see and do in Vancouver. If you stay in a downtown hotel, you'll be able to walk or take easy transit to the most popular tourist spots. If you stay by the airport, you'll be spending both days commuting back and forth between your hotel and downtown.

If you do stay by the airport, there are lots of reasonable hotels in Richmond (city where YVR is located), pretty much all of which have shuttles to the airport. If you want to really splurge, there is a Fairmont Hotel right at the terminal.

Personally, I'd get a hotel in Vancouver for the 2 days, then arrange for a limo service to the airport.

Best bet for transferring all 8 of you together would be a limo service. Aerocar is the official YVR limo service. Star Limo is also often recommended here.

Personally, I'd get a hotel in Vancouver for the 2 days, then arrange for a limo service to the airport.

Best bet for transferring all 8 of you together would be a limo service. Aerocar is the official YVR limo service. Star Limo is also often recommended here.

Thanks so much..our flights are 8 and 8:30 so your plan sounds good...

please some ideas for moderate downtown hotels,,thanks

Archived