Any recommendations for cooking classes in Italy

Tipla

Hi,

My friend wants to do a cooking class in Italy. We are cruising on Epic -- headed to the Western Med. in September. We are staying in Rome an extra day after we depart so if we do it Rome it can only be the day we return from the cruise and the following day. It probably also shouldn't run all day because we will still need to fit in some sites.

We could also do one as an excursion in Florence.

Any advice would be great. We would also like for it to not be too expensive if possible.

we had a wonderful day with these people many years ago:

http://www.accidentaltourist.com/

I would do a search for current reviews. This company has grown which tells you something. We were driven from Florence to a villa (with vineyard and olive groves) in the country. We learned to make pasta and had a wonderful lunch.

I know it sounds like fun, but if you haven't been to these places before, my honest advice would be to save the cooking class for another time and enjoy the sights.

You can get very good Italian cooking classes in many places. You can only see the Colosseum, Vatican, Pantheon and so much more in Rome (or the David, Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, etc. in Florence).

I know it sounds like fun, but if you haven't been to these places before, my honest advice would be to save the cooking class for another time and enjoy the sights.

You can get very good Italian cooking classes in many places. You can only see the Colosseum, Vatican, Pantheon and so much more in Rome (or the David, Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, etc. in Florence).

I agree with this post totally. If your friend did a cooking class they would be rushed,thinking of what they may have missed re sites and not really being able to enjoy the experience. Save it for another trip to really soak up the flavor of Italy. :)

Archived